Tyson needs positive thoughts and PoP!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Purred: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:28am PST 
Hi all...so I read about this dog named Tyson in the health forum. First, he is a two time cancer surivor cheer He recently had some bloodwork done and some testing that shows he MAY have early signs of cancer. The family was trying to decide if they should do a biopsy to see if he has possible early thyroid cancer or not. It's a very expensive surgery.

Well, after further consultation and testing, the tests are leaning more towards early cancer. They believe they caught it really early and he won't need chemo or radiation. They will do a biopsy on Friday. BUT they may have to remove his thyroid which means medication for the rest of his life.

I'm sending him PoP for a successful surgery on Friday. I hope everything goes well!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1298188

hughughughughughug|: |hughughughughug

P.S. he's new on dogster so if you want to see a PPR I bet he would appreciate that! big grin

Edited by author Tue Jun 11, '13 7:29am PST

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Tue Jun 11, '13 5:59pm PST 
Thanksh you Scooter. I'sh on the way!meditate

Jazzi,- Sunshine- Angel^PAWS^

Sunshine hugs- and love!

Purred: Wed Jun 12, '13 3:19am PST 
Purring for a good outcome....NO CANCER!!!

Wrapping Tyson in angel wings of sunshine and healing peace.

Angels on the way!!hug

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:50pm PST 
Tysons surgery went well...they expect to get results in 3 to 5 business days! way to go

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Sun Jun 16, '13 2:39pm PST 
applauseThanksh fur the update Scooter!way to gomeditate

Edited by author Sun Jun 16, '13 2:40pm PST

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 4:43am PST 
Tyson got his results a couple of days ago. It's not the best news...but the good news is that it was caught very early...here's part of his post:

The biopsy did show that Tyson has thyroid cancer. One gland was definitive. The other had the beginnings of a tumor that appeared to be benign but that could change at any time.

His oncologist said this is the earliest they have EVER detected this type of cancer - she said probably in the history of this cancer.

Tyson is schedule to have both glands removed on June 28th and will begin taking regulatory meds right away. She said the regulatory meds cost roughly $30 per month. He will also need monthly monitoring of his blood. Also, one of the glands is close to another gland that controls his calcium level so that will have to watched too. If the cancer were to come back, it would most likely take years and show up in his lungs so we'll have to have regular xrays of his lungs as well

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 11:48am PST 
Thanksh you fur the update Scooter!way to go I'sh glad they caughtsh it early and will keepsh him in my prayersh.meditate I will be revisiting hish page.hug

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 5:35am PST 
Tyson started his first chemo session yesterday. I'm following his thread in the health forum. He's a super sweet pup cloud 9hughug

CRYSTAL

A TRIBUTE TO MY- PRINCESS

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 6:48am PST 
My thoughts and prayers for Tyson - after my granny´s funeral I will visit his page
God bless and be by his side
love and angel´s hugs
Crystal

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Wed Jul 24, '13 5:37am PST 
So i'm trying to keep in touch with Tyson...to see how he's doing. he had his first chemo treatment and things seemed to be okay but now he's not feeling so good. His calcium level is low and one point it was dangerously low. They removed my thyroid and ususally the parathyroid picks up the slack. I'm not an expert so I'm kinda going by what they said. Anyway, they tried to do a calcium infusion and his heart started beating abnormally. They finally were able to do it.

So, two things are happening...gotta get his calcium levels normal and two, his appetite isn't so hot. They are going to give him anti naseau medication to see if that helps too.

He's just having a rough time of it. I really like Tyson...he's already got a special place in my heart

hughughughughughughughughughug

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2