Virtual Stations Of The Cross

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:34pm PST 
The photos in this Stations of the Cross are of the Stations as presented at Harbor Chapel in Moss Landing, CA. Meowmie took them so that I could set up this virtual Stations fur all of mew. Under each photo is the verses that pertain to the event in the station, followed by a breif thought to help mew meditate on the event and then a purr to say, befur mew move on to the next station. This is the format the Harbor Chapel set up uses and Meowmie helped me also write these thoughts and purrs. Please feel free to put mewr own thoughts and comments in this thread as well.

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:40pm PST 
First Station - The Last Supper

The Last Supper

Matthew 26:26-30
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

In the Last Supper we are given a gift. The act of communion brings us into unity together. We share in the gift of his love and in his being. This was a gift shared not only with the faithful but with the betrayer, reminding us that the unbeliever deserves to be considered with love as much as those who believe.

Dear Jesus,
Thank mew fur this gift to bring us together in unity. Help us to remember that, as mew shared with the one who would be betray mew, we must try and share our love and gifts with all, not just those who believe.

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:42pm PST 
Second Station - The Garden

The Garden

Mark 14:32-42
And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;
And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.
And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.

The song says that "I believe there is a time for meditation in cathedrals of our own." In the garden we are given such a cathedral. A place to find our own serenity in the knowledge of God's love and a place to come when we are in need of guidance.

Dear God,
You gave us this place to come when we are in need of you. A place where we can release to our worries and fears in the safety of your love. Help us to remember the way to this place when we are in need or simply wish to be closer to you.

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:44pm PST 
Third Station - The Trial

The Trial

John 18:12-14, 19-24
Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him,
And led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year.
Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.
The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.
Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.
And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so?
Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

It seems impossible that men of the Word and the Law could turn on a man who was in escence one of their own. That fear and human frailty could drive men to break a commandment of the covenant that they upheld. That even the one who tried to speak reason was forced to turn his hand by the people.
Like the trial, we are faced with accusitions in the form of temptations and our words can be twisted by fears.

Dear Jesus,
You faced the trail with calm and faith. You spoke the truth in the face of lies and misconstrued words. Help us to find our own calm in the face of our own trials. To see the truth and speak it even safety lies elsewhere. Help us also to realize when we have become as they who accused you.

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:45pm PST 
Fourth Station - The Cross

The Cross

Luke 23:32-43
And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death.
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.
And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,
And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.
And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise

In life we are always living on the center of a set of scales. On the cross Jesus was balanced between one who would mock him and one who showed kindess. We live a balancing act in which our actions, words and thoughts will tip our scales one way or the other.

Dear God,
We know you gave us Jesus to be the scales in our life. To the last you showed us your love and kindness in the words of the theif who asked forgiveness. Help us see the way to reset the scales when we have tipped to far to the wrong. And to learn from that so that we might better know how to tip the balance to the good.

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:46pm PST 
Fifth Station - The Empty Tomb

The Empty Tomb

Luke 23hi53-24:8
And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
And they remembered his words,

As much as we would wish to, we can not blame those of the time for barbaric and cruel manner of death. It was the way of the times. We must hold the event outside of time and see only the mistake they made in not being able to see what was before them. And forgive the human frailty they showed. Jewish law stated that a person was not considered legally dead until three days had passed. By the celebration of the remembrance lasting three days, we remember how Jesus by law was dead and there for rose when even the law who killed him recognized his death.

Dear Jesus,
Please help us forgive those that played part in your death. As we are to forgive those we encounter, show us how to forgive those we have not. To recognize your death was their salvation as well.

Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 10:21am PST 
Thanks fur sharing this Daisy Mae! I didn't realize we're almost neighbors! We're off to the Wag Hotel fur the day, but we'll spend some time pawsing at each station when we get home tonight! big hug

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 12:12pm PST 
Meowmie is sending my messages to Unkie Jim with the photos. He was pleased to hear about the making of this. He's not an animal person really but he knows Meowmie and understands and appriciates her desire to share to animals as well as people.

Shaki

Sunbeam- Maven

Purred: Tue Apr 2, '13 9:19am PST 
How beautiful Daisy! THanks for sharing!!!hughughug