BELGIUM mini-report

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
PATTAPOUFF - PATTS

I LOVE ZEBA, aka- ZEEBEE,aka- HUNNYBUN

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 9:04am PST 
Hmmmm Barney, but Americans haf the most yummeeee sandwich spread and that's the Heinz Sandwichspread which our mum lofs. But it is NOT available in Belgium anymore, for whatever stupid reason, that's why our Grammaw, who is 80 (!) gets strict orders from our mom to buy it when Grammaw shops in Holland.

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

I am lion, hear- me roar!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:09am PST 
WHAT????thinkingconfusedthinking But---we have never HEARD OF Heinz SANDWICH spread...shockthinking....how can this be? How surreal. We must go to the source of all information, the Internet, and find out as soon as possible why we do not see this Heinz stuff in the Ozarks or maybe....anywhere in America?eekkitty

Freddy- Mercury- Thunderbear

Cell Block 9- Thunderbear- Household

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:10am PST 
And what about the Vegemite? WHAT is this Australian concotion?thinkingthinkingthinkingthinking

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:21am PST 
WELL. We discovered the Heinz sandwich spread is found ONLY in Britain and the Netherlands.thinking It is, however, similar to a lunch meat here called pickle loaf or something called piccilli or somethin....I guess if Americans want some, we will have to go to Canada and buy a truckload.shrug Why it is not marketed here is a mystery to ussmile We wonder about stuff like this...

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 10:25am PST

PATTAPOUFF - PATTS

I LOVE ZEBA, aka- ZEEBEE,aka- HUNNYBUN

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:33am PST 
Well.... a good, thick slab of mayonaise enhances every sammwich.
And momzie sez : all countries haf mayonaise.hamster dance

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 11:03am PST 
AND---WE have "Miracle Whip"!! Do you know of it? It is like mayonaisse but different. People have very strong opinions about whether they like mayonaisse or Miracle Whip on their sandwiches.happy dancebig grin

Opie- T-bear--In- Loving- Memory

Lord Opie the- Elegant

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 11:08am PST 
AHA!!shock Mommi's housemate says the Heinz spread is not unlike "Thousand Island" dressing!! Which is wonderful on a salad or possibly, meats.
Opie the Gourmand and Connosieur of All Things Yummy.

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 11:09am PST

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 11:14am PST 
Mommi said, mysteriously I might add, "I'll bet there's not mayonaisse in Saudi Arabia..."confusedthinkingshrug

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 11:17am PST

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2