Challenge 4 - Up High, Down Low, Inside, Sideways, Where Ever You Can Go"

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '13 8:17pm PST 
Posted January 16, 2013(a tad early)

Challenge 4 - Up High, Down Low, Inside, Sideways, Where Ever You Can Go

For this Challenge, the Judges are asking for a Collage Format of three (3) different perspectives with a common theme.

You may use either the same set of photos from one photo shoot OR you may use three different photos taken at different times. Your photos must have a common theme or something that connects the photographs with each other. Meaning that there should be something that ties the photos all together (a common background; a theme; a color; the time of day; an object; something that connects the photos together. You don't want your photo collage to look disconnected or random.

It's like when you design the interior of your house. Often the same floor will flow from the entrance and into the dining room and on into the family room. Whether its the floor or a wall color, these elements create a seamless flow. So look at your final choices and check to see that you are showing different perspectives and a common connection/them with your photos.

This challenge is about Perspective but it's also about presenting your photos in a series that creates a theme. What would be more lovely on your wall or in your photo book than a series of photos that blend and connect well together. Start with some type of mission statement that will help you guide your work. Let the statement drive you to where you want the shape of your work to go.

Your photos may be in color or black and white.
Again, please provide a narrative of your experience.

You may begin posting your photos on Wednesday, January 23 thur Thursday, January 24 up to 7:00 p.m.

I believe I've given you a lot of information about this challenge. If this was a SERIOUS competition, this would be the only information that you would receive for your challenge. I hope it's enough and that you really get a lot from this challenge. Good luck and happy snapping!

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 12:05pm PST

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:22am PST 
Actually.. you have missed one thing out.

COLLAGE... by definition its a collection of"whatever" put together in ONE display.

Do you want the photographs put on one base background... or do you want them shown seperately ?

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:02am PST 
I use the word collage because that is the term used on many of the free sites that give you the option of putting together three (or more) photos. It's a "series" of photos that you will be presenting.

You don't have to use one "base" background. I'm just asking for three photos.

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 8:08am PST

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:45am PST 
Is this challenge like the Angles challenge in DDPC5? And by POV do you mean different angles in each photo for the collage?

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:04pm PST 
It's a challenge of perspective and shooting from different points of view and using different perspective. ... Up down all around. Yes it's like a challenge we've done before. I don't remember which group.

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:16pm PST 
Thanks, I see what you mean now!

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:30pm PST 
For this Challenge, the Judges are asking for a Collage Format of three (3) different perspectives with a common theme.

Abbie

Counter surfers- get more snacks.

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:08pm PST 
thinking Trying to think of some ideas.

Midnight - SDIT

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:55pm PST 
Oh, dis will be a good one. Mom going to be in all different positions to do dis onelaugh out loud

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:41pm PST 
I have an idea that I'll be able to try out tomorrow--hopefully it'll be nice outside...I haven't checked the weather report yet.thinking
I'll see what else I can think of, too.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8