Post Your Photos Here for - Ball, Basket, Bowl, Bond

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Reba

Grrrr's just- wanna have- fun

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:55pm PST 
♫ ♪ a tiskit a tasket, me don't have a basket ♪ ♫ laugh out loud

Well mom was gonna teach me to BOWL wiff my Jolley Ball, but the wind was too strong and would have knocked over my "pins" before me could confused

So we went to plan B for BALL (yes judges, yet another ball photo) and mom tapped into my passion for playing wiff my Jolley Ball. big grin We learned action shots seem like them might be easy, but they is not...

When me plays wiff my Jolley Ball, me will start by giving it a little push, then me gets into a run, wiff the ball right in front of me... From time to time me will run OVER the ball and get ahead of it, and switch directions... Of course, when me is done, me is done, and me picks up my ball and trots it back to the grass to play wiff again another time.

Out of 150 shots, this is the one we liked the best. way to go Me is switching directions. Dirt is flying, the ball is in the air, even my naturally upright ears haven't caught up wiff my head. big laugh Me also thinks the shadows add a little something to the action...

heading off the Jolley Ball

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:17pm PST 
Like many of the dogs here, Onyx is a ball fan. Few things make him happier than seeing me get out one of his favorite balls for some play time. Whether we're tugging with the ball on a rope, kicking around the Jolly Ball or Egg in a game of "soccer", or endlessly retrieving a bouncy ball, balls are one of the main ways we play together. So while a ball is the focus of the picture, I chose a picture where Onyx is running back to me to also represent our bond.

And because he's the most athletic dog I know, I felt a picture with a football was appropriate.
Practicing for the doggy NFL

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:13pm PST 
Next to stuffies, balls are one of Treader's favorite toys. He especially seems to love tennis balls. He's very enthusiastic about them, so photos that I take of Treader with balls often end up him in funny poses or with funny "expressions".
In this photo I believe he had actually dropped the ball and was picking it back up.

Treader and his ball

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 8:15pm PST

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:24pm PST 
I chose Ball for this challenge.

Rexy's favourite thing in the world is this ball. Not her glow-in-the-dark ball, nor her ball on a rope, or other assorted toys in her toy box. This particular orange and blue Chuck-It ball.

This photo was taken in late afternoon, just a short time before the sun set at the base of a local mountain. It shows her stepping back from the ball, asking me to throw it yet again (I did).

This girl is completely in her element in the snow and with the amount of snow that winds up finding itself up her nose, I often wonder how she doesn't get the dog version of a brain freeze!

The soft, expectant expression I managed to capture shows a glimpse of what this girl is truly like under the fear and reactivity.

Rexy and her ball...

Onyx, SD

Legitimate- Mobility Dog

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:35pm PST 
True to his breed, Onyx absolutely adores winter weather! A simple snap of cold or a few flurries brings on the Berner Bouncies, but when the snow really starts falling hard, Onyx is a happy, happy boy! Late this afternoon, the snow started falling gently up here on our mountain, and by dusk there were several inches on the ground. I took Onyx out, and he had a BALL!

Having a Ball!

♥- Sandy~SD- ♥

Handy Sandy- Loves to Dance!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 6:50pm PST 
Hope to have Sandy & Midnight's photos posted shortly. I have run into a few fleas trying to get this done this evening confused

Pearl Irene

Me too!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:02pm PST 
snoopyCongratulations to Gunner's familysnoopy

Well, judges, I'm terribly sorry: here is yet another ball picture!

Pearl has been one hard nut to crack. She's a mental case, she really is. It sounds horrible coming from her own mother's mouth, but it's true. When she first came to us, she really, really loved playing with all Winnie's old toys, and this is one of the few she hasn't destroyed!

This ball-on-a-rope has a bit of a special backstory to it, because it was a gift from my grandmother: the one who gave me my love for dogs. When Pearl started playing with it tonight, I decided this was what I was going to use for my photo for this challenge. It took a while to get this picture! She is such a goose, she was flipping it around, and hiding in the bed, and laying on the ball part of it, and generally being uncooperative. But I like how wild she looks in this picture. Most people, when they see Pearl for the first time, think she's a little, happy fluff-ball, but she isn't, really. She can be quite the wild child. Sometimes she is nothing short of belligerent, and there are times when I want to call her a bad word (I don't, but sometimes I do think it!) and this picture really brings out her wild side smile

♥- Sandy~SD- ♥

Handy Sandy- Loves to Dance!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:06pm PST 
Sandy really loves her squeaky tennis balls like many others. I am not sure of how many photos I took of her with the tennis balls. I took this photo while I was sitting on the floor playing with her. In between squeaking one of her tennis balls she would bat the ball to me after I rolled it to her. It was fun watching her pick which ball she was going to use next. The reason that I picked this photo was because you can see that she is actually squeaking her tennis ball & not just holding in her mouth since her mouth is a bit blurred reflecting this action. Also that you can see the intensity on her face that she is putting into squeaking her ball. We had enjoyable time playing together while I kept taking photo after photo this week.

Loves squeaky tennis balls!

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 7:23pm PST

Midnight - SDIT

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:17pm PST 
On the 29th it will be 2yrs since Midnight we brought him home to live with us. In the beginning the bond was not that strong as he needed to realize that he was now in his forever home. From a dog who hardly ever cuddled to the wonderful comforting cuddler he has become. Midnight is learning to become a Service Dog like Sandy. Goes to show that he has left the days of being a dog without a home to a home where he is always loved. I just loved the way he decided to hold my leg with his paws while he was cuddling next to me sleeping. The bond between us just keeps getting stronger with each passing day smile I also found it a bit of a challenge unto itself to be in the photo while taking it.

The bond between us.

Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:24pm PST 
This week has been a little rough for me. I go to bed thinking about the piles of homework I have, and I wake up wondering how much will be left at the end of the day. And then, there's missing my friends. Two of my dear friends had to go back to college this week, which means that there are several hundred miles between the all of us. Being together at Christmastime was so wonderful, but now that they're gone again, it's like losing them, in a way. Especially today. Today was the first choir practice since Christmas break, and did I ever miss those two girls! It's so hard when they're so far away. And relationships are changing, and change scares me. People I grew up with are getting married, they're moving away, their personalities are developing, our relationships are evolving, and in some cases they're morphing into relationships I don't like. Our bonds are changing. Some getting weaker, some stronger. Some are intertwining with others.

Recently, I've had trouble giving up control of situations. The morphing relationships, the friends who have moved away, the struggles I have with my new horse, the tension I must overcome in my singing: each of these terrifying situations could be easily overcome if I simply relinquished control.

As human beings, we can get so caught up in relationships. We often worry ourselves about who likes us and who doesn't, and we fret when our appearance isn't just so, or when we say the wrong things. We try so hard to make everyone like us. Thankfully, our dogs aren't that way.

Winnie is always there for me. Somehow she understands how difficult it is for me to relinquish control of my surroundings. No human being understands my dilemma, but my dear little terrier does. When I have troubles I can't tell mere humans, Winnie somehow understands it all, helps bear the weight of my burden, and never fails to give me kisses when I rub her ears. She is my first dog, my strongest bond.

Our Bond

Taking this picture was a challenge for me because I am in the picture! Winnie was sitting on my lap, and so I wasn't able to look through the viewfinder while I took the picture, which was a bit scary, because it meant giving up some control. But I do like how it turned out. It is officially the first successful picture I have taken without looking through the viewfinder. (sorry for the terribly long description and narcissistic ramblings!)

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2