Post Your Photos Here for - Ball, Basket, Bowl, Bond

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '13 7:32pm PST 
Challenge 3 - Ball, Basket, Bowl, Bond

Please do not post until Wednesday morning (1/16/13). I had to post the thread early because I can't get up that early. smile

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:14am PST 
Challenge 3

Ball, Basket, Bowl, Bond

Flicka has always had little interest in most toys.He will rip stuffies into smaller and smaller pieces.The only interest in squeakies is to chew the squeak out and tug ropes are to be shredded.But BALLS.... TENNIS BALLS... tennis balls are his focus, his reason to BE. It has helped as an aid to working through his issues... and they are still part of the introduction of people to the house routine.

Then... 3 Christmases ago he was bought a Wubba by a dogster pal. Magic happened.

Usual thing happened with the red octopus type outer - it was ripped off and had the usual death. The tennis ball was peeled.. but THEN.. then he found the PINK BALL.

The Pink Ball is one of only two things he reveres (the other is a small duck that came from a combo dog toy Christmas thing Xmas 2011 from Target) The Pink ball is NOT for squeaking (it has one) and it is NOT to be thrown (and he will chase ANY other ball) .

The Pink Ball is a gift to you when you return.... it is collected and taken with Ducky into the Cave(under the coffee table). Not always.. not every time... but its very special place in his heart is unmistakeable. He will look for it and is incredibly gentle with it.

The Pink Ball and his Bond with it is his security that the world will continue to be a safe place .

The Pink Ball and Flicka's Bond with it

Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:32am PST 
This is such an exciting week for me.

Gunner truly is the subject of my photo today, and I did this photo specifically for this challenge. For Dogster, and my pup loving friends.

Gunner was our first baby, our first bond as a family. He came into our house and hearts and stole them. We never intended on keeping him, but we couldn't let him go after he appeared.

As our first baby, he holds a special place in our hearts. A place that can neither be broken nor replaced.

The coming months are going to bring a new bond to our family, a tiny, noisy, pink baby human.

To many, this means you let go of your old bonds. But I believe it's a time to strengthen the old ones rather than allow them to break. I chose Gunner for this image as he is a major part of our family bond. It would be broken without him. Or any of the others for that matter. I may also add that he is under my feet every second of every day right now. He knows. I can't wait for him to have a kid of his own. I believe our dogs are going to love having a new family member to adore, play with, and focus on. Especially Gunner, as he adores children.

Here is to family bonds! Old AND new!

Old Bonds and New Bonds

DISCLAIMER: ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE NOT BEEN NOTIFIED YET. PLEASE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK.

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:48am PST 
I know this thread is for posting pics.. but just have to say

balloonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoons

hughughughughughughughughughug

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

(not on faceless so no probs there !)

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:06am PST 
Ty is deeply connected to me and we share an amazingly special bond, but he's also very bonded with my dad and sister. When they visit, or we visit them, Ty is always happy to see them, making lots of noise and "smiling" at them big grin Often Ty will just gently rest his head on your leg while you're sitting there. It's one of those moments that doesn't necessarily require a fuss or pet ( although it's hard to resist him wink ) but just a calm moment where he's simply being and just showing us his trust and connection to us.

This isn't particularly creative or thinking outside the box, but it shows the bond i wanted to portray and has a peaceful quality to the shot that i didn't want to pass up.

Family bonds

He's resting his head on my dad's leg if you hadn't guessed already wink It might have been nice to have had my dad interacting with him, but like i said, it's just one of those moments that doesn't always need to result in petting.

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:09am PST 
partysnoopyparty Condogulations to Gunner's fambly!! cloud 9

This is my Basket. It's not really mine, it's mommy's. Once a day she brings out this basket, and when she does, I know three things are gonna happen.

I'm gonna get a treat! snoopy

Then I'm gonna get brushed. naughty

Then I'm gonna go fur a walk! dog walk

I do NOT like getting brushed. So I'm not at all sure I like this basket. Look what's in there! Pulling tools, scratching tools, GRRRRR!! And it comes out evfurry day!

Then again, the treats and walks are good. So I guess I'm conflicted. Do I look conflicted? shrug

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 10:18am PST 
I chose BALL for this challenge and tried to think of a fun theme for it.

I dressed the red ball up, with a painted yellow star,to make it look more circussy and stuck it on with double stick tape. I made a wooden L shaped contraption to attach to a clear suction cup with a wire hanger on the top of the ball, so the ball could be suspended over Bonzer with a minimal amount of movement. A smear of peanut butter on the bottom of the ball and with Bonzer's dad holding it above him, Bonzer stretched up to the ball and -ouala! A trained circus seal was born!

I shot the scene with the portrait setting and continuous shooting and after two smears of peanut butter and two takes later, I was able to capture the perfect meeting of nose and ball, milliseconds before his tongue came out.

I consider this photo outside my comfort zone because it's a staged scene rather than a natural one. No matter how well the details are planned out, so much can go wrong and Bonzer can be very uncooperative when he finds out I want him to do specific things.

We all had fun with this challenge though and I certainly never would have taken a picture like this otherwise.

Bonzer is practicing his seal impersonation, so he can join the circus

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 10:57am PST 
Ball seems pretty popular, and that's what we picked too.

The ball in our picture is one that Kit got for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's a bit misshapen now from all the time Kit has spent playing with it. The squeaker in it has been broken for years. Despite all that, Kitsune still loves his ball. I keep trying to replace it with similar toys, thinking that if he gets a new plush ball I'll be able to get rid of this one. But despite having lots of newer plush balls in way better condition, Kitsune still keeps playing with this one on an almost daily bases.

We didn't do anything too special for this photo shoot, just played ball! I got this picture as Kit was holding up his ball for me to take and throw. Thinking about it later, I thought that this photo also works for bond. Kitsune is very hyper, and loves to play! One of the main ways we express our bond is by playing together. It also depicts Kit's bond to his ratty old ball, that he still chooses to play with over all the new, nicer toys he has.

The ball that bonds us.

Murphy

Smurph Man

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 2:49pm PST 
Ball Happy

I decided to go with this ball picture. Murphy's favorite toy is always his squeaky tennis ball and he always looks so happy when hes holding it. I decided to take the picture up close because it shows his happiness and silliness as well as how he looks when he comes walking with his tennis balllaugh out loudhug

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:30pm PST 
Balls? Dandi loves any kind of balls, soccer, basketballs, tennis, balls but her favorite is this big orange ball. She is a ball hog! That's how I got this shot. Her Dad moved towards her and ball and she reclaimed by putting her paw up on the ball and watching him closely so she could be gone in a flash!

Dandi the ball hog

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2