Lines - Challenge 1 Post Your Photos Here

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Tue Jan 1, '13 9:53pm PST 
This is where you post your photo for the Lines Challenge. These will be scored.

I'm going to post a few that I captured (with my cell phone). I was at my mom's house (along with my husband and Talker) and couldn't resist the moment. I noticed the "s" lines of the screen door and the shadow lines on the floor.

curvy lines

I don't think I've noticed my mom's old fashion screen door before.

standing tee with curvy lines

Okay, so post your photo here and remember to write a little narrative about your experience with the challenge or just something to give us a little insight.

way to go

The final scores will be revealed on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. (dogster time)

Good luck!

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:37am PST 
Challenge 1

Lines

The Lines That Keep Us Safe....

One of the three major points that sold this house to me was it is fully and safely fenced with drive gates that lock.

Flicka is a recue Boy. He was around 16 weeks when I got him and he had been severely abused. Day by day and week by week I have worked with him and he with me... after 4 years he made me SO proud with a CGC in 2010... not a huge thing to many.. but it was an Everest to Flicka. He still has problems that will probably never go.. but with us and select few others.. he feels safe.

We lived in an apartment as we were waiting for Jay's retirement to buy a place. On 15th June 2011 we moved to the house I have called "Snow's Light". For the first time the Boys could be free and run without it being a major undertaking....For the first time the 3 times a day walks could be wanders and sniffs and just plain "lay down and watch the birds" time. Whilst they are NEVER allowed out without me... they have a freedom to come and go. The magic happened... for the first time Flicka actively initiated play with Lucas. He had finally found his freedom inside the fences. He had taken a huge leap of faith yet again.

The tree framing this photo is a young Black Walnut... its bigger "Mum" tree is right beside the house.. and I love these trees. The fenceline you see is the left hand boundary with the bottom fence just visible... we are a long way back from the front of the plot. I also love winter best with the outlines of the branches against the sky.

It had just snowed.. 28th December... it was dull and cold.. but we are in deep drought and this dampness was precious. Flicka had been walking towards me and then a hen Turkey (there is a big wild flock that visits daily) called and he turned and stood like a statue.. not tense.. but totally at home in his surroundings. He was inside the Lines That Keep Him safe.

28-12-2012 The Lines That Keep You Safe

Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 7:37am PST 
Within These Walls

Paisley

Paisley is a worry wart. She is a protector of these walls and the creatures that live within it.

When we brought her home, she was a mere four months old. She had been through two fosters and two homes in less than two weeks. The first foster couldn't continue to foster after she found a home with doctors for a week. But the doctors took one look at her and determined that she wasn't all Doberman, and handed her back to the rescue saying they "didn't connect". The second home took her in, but the new mom broke her foot the same day. The family decided it was poor timing. This is where I come in. I had looked at her photo online and decided she was the puppy to bring into my family. Little did I know that she would be so loyal, loving, and worrisome.

Due to the extreme of moving around so much, she developed separation anxiety. Destroying thousands of dollars in our home in the seconds it took for us to use the restroom. Thinking she needed more activity, I took her through obedience, agility, and Rally. Each activity making the problem worse. It seems she thinks her job is to stay at home and guard the family. I quit the activities and she became happier almost instantly.

The lines of our walls represent her love for them. Her gratitude at being cared for.

Because I'm sure it will come up, I edited this photo with iRetouch. The only elements I edited were B&W (increased it-but did not turn the entire thing B&W) and brightness (increased it). And the same editor resized it to 640. smile

ETA: I chose this photo because I liked how her head was cocked just perfect with the lines. She had also just jumped up on our new king-sized bed to snuggle with her Daddy. It took a zillion tries for me to get one where she wasn't acting so crazy! These photos are presh to me!

Edited by author Wed Jan 2, '13 7:43am PST

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 9:44am PST 
I'm able to post my photo after all as our holiday home has Internet access, so here i am way to go

Here is my entry for the Lines challenge -

The winding road

This shot was taken in beautiful Wales during a holiday we took a few months back. I really liked this winding road and i was taking pictures of the bridge we was standing on as it's a really interesting 8 arch bridge. I wanted to get Ty as the center of the shot but with that road running on behind him. It was actually more of a path than a road, but you get what i mean wink The bridge walls and the grassy sides also draw your eye to follow them down.

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 10:52am PST 
Once in awhile, before the heavy snow falls, our pond will have perfect conditions for ice skating. Bonzer's dad Gary gets his skates and they both head down to the pond. Bonzer loves to chase his dad and bite at his feet. His claws scrabbling on the ice because he can't stop or turn very well from going so fast and it's pretty comical to see. If his dad is pulling too far ahead, Bonzer heads for the shore and firm ground and blasts around the pond until he's in position to cut across in front of his dad to head him off, with Gary yelling and laughing and Bonzer barking. His dad thinks Bonzer is trying to herd him (because of him being mostly Aussie shepherd) but I wonder if it isn't more likely that his instinct tells him to hamstring his prey, like a wolf going after a caribou. He's actually caught his dad a few times and sent him sprawling and they've even collided a few times but they both have a lot of fun.

I chose this picture (taken in late October) because of the hundreds of criss-crossing lines on the ice, that were put there by Bonzer and his dad, over the course of a few days.

On Frozen Pond

Onyx, SD

Legitimate- Mobility Dog

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 1:51pm PST 
Every time I look at this photo, I'm filled with ambivalence, because it contains much sadness for me personally. I had an appointment with my doctor that day and after many months pursuing a particular medical issue, my doctor became frustrated with me and crossed a line. He told me to give up, that I would never find the cause of this problem, and I should go home and figure out how to accept my life was not going to change.

I stopped at the park on my way home, to try and shake off my negative emotions, and we sat quietly for the longest time. Some of the ducks and geese were waddling near, while others were off quacking and flapping in the water. Several people around us were throwing bread and crackers, to persuade the ducks to come closer. Even the line of the sidewalk seems to draw toward the feathered gathering. Nobody would have blamed Onyx for abandoning his post for a closer investigation, but he chose not to cross the line.

Crossing Lines

Edited by author Wed Jan 2, '13 2:07pm PST

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 3:04pm PST 
My picture was taken at a park in my city. The park has lots of pretty trees and flowers, and a little ways in there's a small bamboo forest. I was short on time as I was about to leave to go out of town, and Talker's link brought that place to mind, so we drove down to see what we could get.

I ended up choosing this picture because I like the way Onyx is in the midst of the lines, with some in front and some behind. I also liked the lines made by his body by the way he's standing. His back, legs, head, and ears all create new lines in the forest of lines made by the bamboo.

In the forest of lines

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 4:05pm PST 
We have this rug in our living room that's made up of a bunch of red/black squares/lines. We used the giant area rug to cover the gross old falling apart tiles in our living room. Kit never used to like sitting/laying on the living room floor - until we got this rug. Now he sometimes even sleeps on the living room rug, choosing his rug even over the living room furniture, his numerous dog beds, and our bed!

I think it's funny, because when he's begging for food he has this tendency to sit his fuzzy butt exactly in the middle of one of the many squares on the area rug. Maybe he thinks that if he uses the lines of the rug to frame himself, that he'll look that much more adorable and have a better chance at scoring a snack?

Lines!

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:29pm PST 
This picture was obviously taken at Christmas! I first thought when the Challenge was lines that I had nothing, but once I saw this photo I knew it was the one for me. I never meet my Grandmother on my Dad's side, so the little foot stool on the left lower side, under the table, was made by my Dad for his Mom when he was 15 years old...he is now 79, making the foot stool 64 years old and an item that always makes me smile when I see it! It's legs are where the curved line are seen.

Sitting in front of the chair is where Dandi always goes when there are a lot of people at our house! It's in the middle of the house and she can keep track of everyone from this vantage. The chair has arched lines as well as horizontal lines in it.

The wainscot has vertical lines as does the wood floor. The door has squares and rectangles and the window has squares in it. There is an oval in the mirror and the Christmas packages, well let's just say there's lines! Even the lace on the table has lines of flowers in it!

Our family has gone through a ton of really hard things in the last 5 years or so and Dandi has been that one constant for all of us. Always has a ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on and eyes that are on constant vigil as she watches over our family! She is the real gift in this picture!

Christmas

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Purred: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:58pm PST 
I got out some of Treader's treats and had him do some things for them. He's doing a sit/stay in this photo. I chose it because I thought the fact that it was taken in the corner of the kitchen, the curtains in the background, and the direction of the mats on the floor add some interesting lines. smile

Treader

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2