|Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 2:05pm PST |
|Welcome DDPC5 contestants! This DDP challenge has a few changes. Please read carefully for new changes.
There will be five challenges. There is just one big group (no beginners/no advance); however, if you want to participate as a fan, you can submit your photos along with all the others and you will be judged by the judges and the participants. We are asking that all participants in the main group, submit their choice for best photo for the fan group each week.
****A few pups have asked if they can use other family members for their submissions. The Judges have discussed and will allow the variety. We'll give this a chance to see how it goes this round. We asked though that one Main Pup/Cat do the posting and that you note your Model's name in your write up. ******
The First challenge will be announced December 26, 2012.
Submission Dates: Date and Time of Submission of photos: Every Wednesday from 7:00 a.m. until Thursday 7:00 p.m.
- New challenges will be posted on Wednesday morning.
- Reveal Shows are scheduled for every Saturday at 9:00 a.m. The First Reveal Show is January 5 at 9:00 a.m.
- If you are going to be absent during a challenge we would like you to let one of us judges know, though it isn't required of you. Also if you need someone to post your picture, you can always have a pal or a Judge post your entry for you.
- Every picture has a story behind it so we ask that you give us a good narrative about your photo. How little and how detailed is up to you but your narrative does help the Judges gain insight on what was going on behind the camera as well as in front of the camera. Please keep that in mind.
- We are only allowing cropping, adjusting lighting/shadows, and converting to b&w. This is to make it fair to those that don't have advance editing skills. Some challenges may require you to present your photo in a collage format. Please do not hesitate to ask for help from other contestants. We've found from past competitions that your group pals are always willing to help out another pup or kitty. If you have trouble finding assistance, please contact a Judge and we will help you.
- If a Judge suspects that other photo editing features have been used on your photo, we will do our best to contact you to give you the opportunity to you explain the photo editing features that you used. If Judges are still wary please respect their judgment. Your final score may reflect this. We ask that any questions about your score be sent by private peemail to a Judge. Your inquiry will be addressed.
- Please remember to resize your photo to a size that works well for message boards. There are many free resizing sites on the web.
There are 5 challenges - Please have fun; contestants don't stress your photographer out; and remember enjoy the time you spend wiff your Hooman and may you both have FUN and get lots of TREATS!!!!
Your Judges are Savvy/Samoa and myself.
Edited by author Mon Nov 26, '12 9:11am PST
|my page | msg me | gift me | become friends|