WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

(Page 15 of 15: Viewing entries 141 to 149)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 11:54am PST 
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
wavewavewinkwinkwink
February 11
Psalm 18:3
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so sha ll I be saved from mine enemies.
When Charlie was a boy, he used to dream of being like his favorite comic book hero. With super powers, Charlie knew he'd be unstoppable. No one could pick on him, no one could tell him what to do, and everybody would love him. As he grew older, Charlie grew sad to realize that no superhero life lay in his future. Superheroes were just myths.
Then, one day, Charlie found a new kind of hero. A friend of his gave him a New Testament and asked him to read it. Charlie was swept into a world where sin and evil came to an end, where good really did win, and where love was the strongest power of all. And the best thing was, everyone who believed could be a hero, too.

We need to choose our heroes carefully. Only one hero is worthy of our praise and allegiance, and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus will save us from our enemies, and He will set all things right. Follow Him, and He will grant you a power beyond belief.

Prayer: Dear God, I follow so many false heroes, thinking they might have something I need. Help me to remember that all I could ever need or want, You have already given me though the life of Your blessed Son. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
big hugkissinglittle angel

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 2:07pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

February 18
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Steve slammed on the brakes and pulled to the side of the road in anger and frustration. Grabbing the map and a flashlight from the glove compartment, he burst up out of the car. He knew he was lost, but he didn't have the slightest idea how to get himself found again. He leaned on the roof of the car, tracing out his location on the map. After a few moments, he snapped off the light, closed his eyes, and laid his head against the metal of the car. When he opened his eyes, he was startled by the number and beauty of the stars in the Arizona sky. Like a child, he gazed at the heavens with his mouth hanging open. Never before could he remember such a beautiful sight.. A peace came over him that totally removed the rage of a few minutes before. Forgetting the time or the situation, Steve climbed up on the hood of his car, leaving back to soak in the splendor of God's creation.
This day, we need to stop for a moment to open new eyes to the wonder of God's world. If we will only try to see it through His eyes rather than our own, we will find new beauty that we never noticed before. His is a world of wonder and miracle. See it.

Prayer: Lord, open my eyes, that I might see all that this world is meant to be. Do not let the pressures of the day create a cloud that prevents me from seeing Your beauty. Amen.
MAY GOD PROTECT US ALL,
ANGEL BABY
little angeldogkissingbig hug

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '13 8:48am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
February 21
Psalm 19:9
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
Patty always laughed whenever anyone tried to tell her that what she did was sinful. She would mock her friends, telling them they sounded like old ladies. Gwen couldn't understand how Patty could do the things she did and still call herself a Christian. Gwen was surprised to see Patty standing at her door in tears.

Patty had begun to wake up to the fact that she really was living a wrong life-style. The more she thought about it, the worse she felt. She hoped that Gwen could help her. Gwen told her that she was already on the right track to finding help. Realizing that what you do is wrong is the first step. Fearing what might happen because of what you do is the next step. Fear can be a healthy thing for us when it forces us to clean up our lives and walk the straight path. Once on the right path, we can leave fear behind, for nothing can harm us once we are in the Lord's camp. God's judgments are righteous and true, and He will always help us make the changes that allow u s to clean up our lives, if we will only ask Him to.

Prayer: I need to respect You more, Lord. I need to be reminded that Your way is the only way, so that I won't be so tempted to stray. Be with me to guide me. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
big hugkissinglittle angel

Purred: Sun Feb 24, '13 3:31pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavewave

WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

February 24
Psalm 21:13
Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.
Reverend Davis looked down at his hands and shook his head. He was so tired, and he just didn't feel he had anything left in him that people ought to hear. He couldn't understand it. He'd always tried to do the lord's work and lead people to Jesus. He had preached the Gospel every chance he got. He had even achieved a certain level of fame. No one could deny what a powerful soldier for Christ he had been. Reverend Davis just couldn't make sense out of the fact that God wasn't helping him now, when he needed it most. At least God owed him that.
Too often we fall into the trap of believing that we do God's work for Him. That's not true. The most we can do is open ourselves to let the Lord do His own work through us. When we try to do it for Him, we can only expect to grow weary. However, when God works through us, we will find a new energy and vitality that we have never experienced before. The Lord is exalted through His own strength, not ours. Open yourself to Him now, and let the true power begin to flow.

Prayer: Make me an instrument of Your peace, love, and hope, O Lord. Allow me to serve You, not by my own rules, but Yours. Amen.
GOD BLESS,ANGEL BABY doglittle angelbig hug

Edited by author Sun Feb 24, '13 3:32pm PST

Purred: Sun Mar 10, '13 8:26am PST 
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
March 10
Psalm 25:17
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Maggie was beside herself with anxiety. The last thing her boss had said to her was that she had to be in the office early the next morning. Her boss and the owner of the company wanted to "have a talk with her about her performance." What did that mean? Was it good or bad? Surely they would have told her, if it was good. Maggie just knew she was going to be fired.
Isn't it amazing what we can let our minds do to us? We blow things out of proportion, and it causes such great suffering and distress. When we thrust ourselves into panic and fear, it is good to know that we can turn to the Lord, and He will be faithful to comfort us. Open yourself to His peace, and you will find new serenity.

Prayer: I let my mind get carried away sometimes, Lord. Please don't let me get too carried away. I need Your wisdom as an anchor when I set myself adrift in worry and fear. Be my salvation, Father. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
dogbig grinkissingbig hug

Purred: Sun Mar 17, '13 1:24pm PST 
cheerwavecheerwavecheer
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

March 17
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I will praise him.
Karen wanted the semester to end so badly. She was tired and mentally exhausted. Nothing had seemed to go right. She supposed her grades would be fine, but grades meant very little when you felt so bad about all your classes. Better to be done with it and put it all behind. When the end did finally roll around, Karen felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders. Maybe things weren't so bad, after all.

If we put our faith in God, He will see us through the tough time, and we will emerge from our experiences renewed and wiser. He truly is our shield and strength. Rejoice in His great love for us, and lift your voice in praise.

Prayer: Lord, I can get through anything if I know that You are with me. Be close by my side, teaching me the way I should walk. Amen.
GOD BLESS YOU,
ANGEL BABY
doglittle angelbig hugkissing

Purred: Sun Mar 24, '13 3:18pm PST 
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

March 24
Psalm 31:9
Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
Beverly felt guilty that she had not been to church for so long. Somehow things had gotten so hectic, and church had just kind of slipped away. Her husband worked six days a week, and she worked Saturday nights, so Sunday became the only day they really had together. The more she thought about missing church, the more guilt she felt, and the more guilt she felt, the harder it was to go back. She was thrilled and surprised when the pastor came past and told her how much they had been missed. When she tried to offer an excuse, he told her that he wasn't there to scold, just to show concern.
We too often let guilt determine what our actions will be, rather than living as forgiven people. The Lord is more than willing to shower His children with mercy and grace. All we need do is ask with a penitent heart. The Lord will forgive us all that we ask.

Prayer: Thank You for Your gracious forgiving love, Lord. I am nothing without Your loving kindness. Hear me when I call out to You, Father, and be with me. Amen.
HAVE A BLESSED EASTER,
ANGEL BABY
little angelwavebig grinkissingbig hug

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:20am PST 
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
wavewavewavewavewavewave
March 29
Psalm 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
With a simple breath, inhale and exhale, the Lord brought magnificence into creation. The stars planets that revolve through space came forth on the breath of the Lord. The host, heavenly and earthly, sprang from His mouth . Our world and every last thing in it came into being by His Word. How can the splendor and mystery of our God ever be denied? Our Lord is above all things, and there is nothing that is beyond His control. His breath is within us; the breath of all life. Rejoice.
Prayer: Creator, Your imagination has yielded wonders beyond our comprehension. We stand in awe before Your mighty power. Thank You for finding a place in all of this for me. Your love shines forth throughout all of Your creation. Praise be unto You. Amen.
MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED EASTER
ANGEL BABY little angelwavebig grinbig hug

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 7:48am PST 
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
wavewavewavewavewavewave

April 7
Psalm 37:8
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
Gordon was still shaking. He had never meant to hit his son, not so hard, anyway. When his little boy looked back up at him, his nose was bleeding and his eye was swelling. The rage of moments before was completely gone. Spent was the anger that had caused the injury. In Gordon's heart a heavy shame rose up, along with a vow to put to rest the beast called anger that lurked within his heart.
We are all capable of great anger. The passion is within each of us. However, we must rule the passion, instead of letting the passion rule us. God helps us control the beasts within. His is a power to set our hearts right and dispel our evil with His own goodness. Ask God's help, and He will help you to cease from anger and strife.
Prayer: Take from me the bent to anger and harm, Almighty God. Reshape me in the loving image of Your Son. Reign in my heart with peace and love. Amen.
May God Be With You All,
Angel Babykissingbig huglittle angeldog

(Page 15 of 15: Viewing entries 141 to 149)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15