WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 8:42am PST 
cheercheercheercheerHAPPY NEW YEARwavewavewavewave
ADDING SOME NEW DEVOTIONAL THREADS TO REPLACE
SOME OF THE OLD THREAD FOR THE NEW YEAR OF 2012.

THIS THREAD WILL FOCUS ON THE SCRIPTURES FROM THE
BOOK OF PSALMS. MAY THIS DEVOTIONAL BLESS YOU AS YOU STUDY THE WORD OF GOD.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU,
ANGEL BABY

dogkissingbig huglittle angelrainbow

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 8:45am PST 
wavewavewavewavewaveGood Morning and Happy New Year!cheercheercheercheercheercheer

WISDOM OF THE PSALMS
January 1 2012

Psalm 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

A time for starting over. A new beginning. A wonderful time to take stock of life and look for ways to improve and grow. Too often, careless resolutions are made that are never kept, and so one year blends into the next with little change. The fact is, all of us have areas in our lives that could stand some improvement. As this new year begins, let us look at our lives with honesty and candor. Let us approach change with a positive spirit, and work toward finding ways to become the people that god wants us to be. Most importantly, ask the Lord to guide and strengthen, for it is through His power that we are able to conquer our failings and turn them into strengths. God is able to see us both as we are and as we can be, and we need that sight in order to truly change. He will steer us away from the ungodly. He will liberate us from the way of sin. He will lead us from scorn to joy. The Lord will do all this and more because of His great and abiding love for His children. Rejoice i n the love of God. he has given us a new year, and desires to give us a new life.

Prayer: O Lord, cleanse my soul of all wrong. Help me grow in the light of Your love. Lift me above what I have been, and set me onto a new path of righteousness and grace. Amen.

GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
kissingkissingkissing

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:37am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
looks nice Angel Baby.....

bump.....
kittykittykittykitty

Purred: Mon Jan 2, '12 6:02am PST 
welcomeand good morningwavewavewavewavewavewave
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

January 2
Psalm 1:6
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Jeff got so discouraged sometimes. He worked so hard while his roommates messed around, but they always seemed to do every bit as well as he did. Whenever he let up even a little bit, his grades fell. It just didn't seem fair.

It's hard to look around and see so many undeserving people receive such wonderful rewards. We like to feel that justice is going to be done, but we hardly ever see it. Luckily, our trust is in the Lord and His promises. Those who receive all their blessings now have nothing more to come, while those who patiently wait upon God and His justice will find themselves face-to-face with an eternity of joy and peace. Nothing escapes the watchful eye of God. He sees the way of the righteous, and He will surely reward them.

Prayer: Lord, help me to wait patiently for Your will to be done, and do not let me envy the blessings of others. Keep my eyes fixed upon Your great love. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
doghugkissinglittle angelrainbow

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '12 5:47am PST 
hughughughug

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '12 7:32am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavemorning
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

January 3
Psalm 2:2
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed.
Just reading a newspaper or watching a newscast can be a terrifying experience these days. The horrors of our modern world are mind-boggling. We search for some shred of sanity, and we find almost none. World leaders appear to be bent on destruction, and our voices simply aren't heard. It has ever been thus. In the time of King David, in the time of our Lord, Jesus Christ, in many times since, the rulers of the world have given little heed to the teachings of God or the concerns of His people. For this reason, we, as children of God, need to hold fast to our faith and spread God'[s Word wherever and whenever we can. The only true stabilizing force we have in this life is the Word of God. God's Word will be our shield and our strength in the most troubled of times. Turn to it daily, and you will be renewed.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, calm my soul, place Your peace within my heart, and be a source of sanity in my life. When things look most dismal, shine Your light upon me. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
kissingbig hugflowersdoglittle angelrainbow

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 8:22am PST 
welcomegood morningwavewavewavewave
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

January 4
Psalm 2:10
Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Where is the voice of God in our world today? In times past, God's people were listened to, and the influence of the faithful was amazing. Why isn't that so true today?

I heard a man say not too long ago that, "We're too bright for that religious stuff now. We've grown up, and are learning to deal with problems sensibly." What could be further from the truth? Without the counsel of the Lord, everything is ignorance. In trying to deal with our problems apart from God, we are creating more problems than we can handle. The answer is not in running from the Lord, but in running to Him.

In our own lives, we need to learn to let the Lord rule. Giving God control of our lives is not a sign of weakness, but it is the greatest show of strength we will ever make. Under the guidance of God, we become conquerors in a world that tries hard to break us down.

Prayer: O Lord, be close to me, building me up and keeping me ever in Your loving care. Do not let me be swayed from the path You have set me on. Others may fail me, but You never will. Hallelujah! Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
kissingflowershug

Purred: Thu Jan 5, '12 8:10am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

January 5
Psalm 2:11
Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
The fire licked up the outside walls and cascaded up into the night. All around the building, fire fighters scampered, trundling huge hoses into position to battle the blaze. Jerry stood with sweat pouring down his face and the spray from the hose soaking his body. He loved his work and felt he really served well. He knew the dangers that were involved, but he fought fires anyway. His job was one of the greatest joys of his life.

Not all things that inspire fear should be avoided. A wise person knows his limits and knows what situations he can handle and what ones he cannot. A little fear is healthy. It gives us respect and appreciation. It causes us to not get careless. Fear of the Lord should not drive us from Him, but should help us to understand Him and deal with Him reverently and respectfully. When we encounter our Lord with both joy and trembling, we know Him in a special and meaningful way.

Prayer: Lord, help me to never forget Your awesome power, as well as Your awesome love. Allow me to feel a healthy fear, but never let that fear separate me from You. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
kissinghugkissing

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Thu Jan 5, '12 9:12am PST 
Thank you for this thread, Baby! hughug

Purred: Fri Jan 6, '12 7:46am PST 
morning Miss Abby! welcomeEveryone!wavewavewavewaveHowdy from the bridge.dog

WISDOM OF THE PSALMS

January 6
Psalm 2:12
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
What a beautiful image is presented when we think of being able to kiss the Son of God. As family members embrace and kiss when they meet, so we are able to look forward to a day when we will be welcomed as family of Jesus Christ. He awaits us in love and care, and we have no need to fear anything, for we will one day be united. In fact, we are already united through the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is God's kiss, blown to us on earth, and we can receive it with joy. We will never know greater love than the love God has for us. He sent His only Son to be our Savior and Lord. He gave us all that He had to give, out of a divine love for us. Rejoice in the love of God and let it carry you throughout each day of the year.

Prayer: Welcome, dear Lord, into the depths of my heart. Dwell there in love, and never leave me. I am whole only when You are with me. Thank You for loving me so very much. Amen.
GOD BLESS ALL,
ANGEL BABY
kissingbig hugkissing

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15