(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4  
♥- Cyrus- ♥

Adopt or rescue,- PLEASE.

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 9:04am PST 
“ “She has done a beautiful thing to me.” ”
Mark 14:6 (RSV)
Tuesday Of Holy Week: Sacred Extravagance

Tonight I find myself in a village outside the walls of Jerusalem. Light and the sounds of conversation come from an open doorway. By the doorway, Mary Magdalene stands, her face flushed with joy.

“I was so distressed that I couldn’t eat,” she says. “The longing to be near Jesus was so strong, I felt I had to do something. So once again I acted on an impulse. I bought an alabaster jar of perfumed ointment and ran all the way to the home of Simon the leper, where Jesus was having a meal. Without even knocking, I marched right into the house, stood behind Jesus at the table, broke the jar and poured the balm on His head. I can’t imagine how I had the courage to do such a thing, but I did it!

“The reaction from the disciples and their host was immediate. I think it was Judas who said, ‘Why wasn’t this ointment sold and the money given to the poor?’

“I began trembling, but again Jesus saw into my heart. And what do you suppose he said? ‘She has done a beautiful thing to me. . . . She has done what she could; she has anointed my body beforehand for burying. And truly, I say to you, wherever the gospel is preached in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her’ (Mark 14:6, 8–9).

“Yes, it was extravagant, but in the light of God’s unthinkable gift of His Son, how could I do less?”

Father, teach me to give without holding back, just becaus I love. Give me the courage to follow my heart.

By Marilyn Morgan King

♥- Cyrus- ♥

Adopt or rescue,- PLEASE.

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 10:51pm PST 
“ The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: And they shall kill him. . . . ”
Matthew 17:22-23
Wednesday Of Holy Week: The Passover Supper

In my dream, I am again inside the walls of Jerusalem. Mary Magdalene greets me in front of a two-story house.

“I wasn’t with Jesus at the Passover supper,” Mary tells me, “but I talked with Peter when he came out. He said that when all of them were assembled, Jesus began to wash their feet!

“‘Then Jesus said something that troubled me,’ said Peter. ‘Jesus said that before the cock crows, I will deny him three times! I simply can’t believe that! Finally, Jesus made the shocking statement that one of us would betray him. We all protested, but we realized that Jesus knows things unknown to us.’

“Then Peter told me that after all of these dire predictions, Jesus also reassured them with these words: ‘I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you’” (John 14:18–20).

Mary’s eyes are radiant as she tells this part of the story. “Imagine your own heart being home to Christ in God—the place where Jesus feels most loved and welcomed, the place where He truly lives!”

Beloved Jesus, when I feel alone, I’ll remind myself of Your promise not to leave me comfortless. I know it’s true. Welcome home! Welcome home!

By Marilyn Morgan King

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4