BOCU BOOK CLUB

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Sophie

Queen of the- House

Purred: Mon Oct 11, '10 6:05pm PST 
At the party on Friday, October 8, 2010, some of our mom’s were discussing the books they are reading. So my mom thought it would be nice to start a book club.

We know that when our moms or dads have those book things in their hands they are usually down for a few hours and this is prime lap and snuggle time.

My mom is always looking for good things to read, either at the book store or more often the library.

To support this lets tell each other any good books we have read or are reading. They do not have to be animal related, though that is good too.

Let’s make this an ongoing post.

Read a good book? Just post about it.

Looking for a good book for the weekend? Read over the posts.

happy dance

Sophie

Queen of the- House

Purred: Mon Oct 11, '10 6:06pm PST 
I will start

Mom just finished the Stig Larson series

The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
The girl who kicked the Hornets nest

Mom could not put them down. She gives them an A+

Aedan

I'm wondering- where the Lions- are...

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 4:46am PST 
Great idea Sophie!

Dad just finished reading "The Way Of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson. It was extremely long (over 1000 pages) but incredible. Dad recommends it for anycat who enjoys Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels. It was an epic!

Also, what format do your pawrents read books? Traditional paper books or e-books. Dad has a Barnes and Noble nook and he loves it. He says he would never go back to physical books.

Stinker(RIP- March 29,- 2008)

Is it time to- eat?

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 8:41pm PST 
Mom and dad both love to read. Right now mom is reading "The Last Dickens" by Matthew Pearl. It is the third book of his she has read. They are not fast reads, but very interesting. She also is a big fan of Carole Nelson Douglas' Midnight Louie series...featuring feline PI Midnight Louie and his human cohorts. She is also very fond of Shirley Rousseau Murphy's Joe Gray series. Joe Gray and his lady friend, Dulcie, are very special cats. They are throwbacks to an ancient Scottish race that could shapeshift from cat to human. They can no longer shape shift, but they can speak, read, and help solve crimes. Well, that is all for right now. I am sure mom will help me add more books later.

Lightning- Strike

Turbo Kitty!

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 9:20pm PST 
What a cool idea! Mom loves anything by Bertrice Small (Romance) and she also likes Mary Higgins Clark (Mystery). Just don't let young readers read any of Bertrice Small's stuff, she can get a little racy!

Is it time to- eat?

Purred: Wed Oct 13, '10 6:03pm PST 
Mom likes Mary Higgins Clark, too. She has always loved animal stories and mysteries since she learned to read all those years ago. Her favorite book from when she was a little girl was "Miss
Sniff". It was about a little girl and her black fuzzy cat...Miss Sniff, which was how the little girl siad mischief.

Sophie

Queen of the- House

Purred: Thu Oct 14, '10 9:18am PST 
Mom has not converted to e-books yet. I know you can load it with several but there is something about the feel of a book in your hands.

Anyone else converted?

Sophie

Queen of the- House

Purred: Thu Oct 14, '10 9:23am PST 
Stinker mom LOVES the Joe Grey series and has read them all.

http://www.joegrey.com

If you can find it, it is very rare, but I see it on this site, read her first book The Catswold Portal, and it explains the start of these exceptional cats.

Sophie

Queen of the- House

Purred: Thu Oct 14, '10 9:28am PST 
Another great series is the Dixie Hemingway mysteries series by
Blaize Clement. It is about a pet sitter who runs into trouble.

http://us.macmillan.com/author/blaizeclement

http://b laizeclement.com/

Mom has read them all. And sees there is a new one about to come out....Has anyone read them?

Is it time to- eat?

Purred: Thu Oct 14, '10 5:37pm PST 
Sophie, my mom has read them. She really likes them. Dixie is a great character.
There is a new Joe Gray book coming out in a few days. Mom ordered it today.
We are still ludites when it comes to books, but will probably give in eventuallyto the nook/kindle thing.
Oh, I have a brother named Joe Gray. He is gray and had to have most of his tail amputated. He hasn't spoken to mom yet, but she says she thinks he could if he would deign to speak to a human.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8