WE HAVE A MAMA WITH BABIES AND MAY BE GETTING ANOTHER!!

QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Tue May 4, '10 6:54pm PST 
We got a Mama with 4 - 5 wk. old babies about a week and a half ago and we may be getting a maybe feral Mama tomorrow with her babies. Not sure how many. The one we got already - we could just spit nails at her owner. The owners coworker called us about them as it was the poor Mama's 4th litter and the people were moving and were just going to throw her outside with the babies. They said "she'll take care of them out there." We were told there were 6 babies but they had already given 2 away to neighborhood kids. At 5 wks. old!! People like that should be spayed/neutered so they don't have any more cruel, stupid, etc children like them. The Mama is real nice too, except she has growled at 2 different men who have gone in her room to see the babies. So we wonder if she has a bad experience with men. Just makes us so sick. eek

QUINCY

Purred: Thu May 6, '10 10:29am PST 
The maybe feral Mama's kittens were all dead when they went to round them up.cry Poor things!! We are working with them to get all the cats they are feeding in their yard fixed now.

On the bright side, we did get a cute little 7 wk. old tabby boy yesterday and he was put on hold about an hour after we got him. We need to hold him 2 wks. until he can get another distemper shot and be tested for leukemia.

Sara - In Loving- Memory

I'm the- Purr-incess

Purred: Sat May 8, '10 2:17pm PST 
Oh Quincy, people can be soooo stupid sometimes. Too bad about the feral mama.

Hey if you are having a kitten shortage up there, come on over. One foster home has 27 kittens and 2 pregnant mamas, another has 12 babies and 2 pregnant mamas, another has 6 bottle feds, and on it goes.... And it's only May!

QUINCY

Purred: Sun May 9, '10 7:29pm PST 
Wow Sara, and we think OUR Mama is crazy when the numbers around here start going up.eek

Actually, we got 3 - 5wk. olds on Fri from a trailer park. They were under the trailer and their Mama dissapeared. The people kept one. They are soooooo sweet too. Still young enough to where they are looking for a Mama and they think my Mama's it!! They follow her around and purr and curl up in her lap. Now we just have one more room to clean and fill up and then we will be done until they start finding homes. way to go

Sara - In Loving- Memory

I'm the- Purr-incess

Purred: Mon May 10, '10 1:49pm PST 
One of our two adult fosters got adopted Saturday ;c and whenever Isabella (aka Sick Kitty) gets over her fatty liver disease and gets adopted we are going to take a mama and babies here.
And, updated to add, the foster home with 12 babies gave a mama and 6 babies to another foster home, when one of her pregnant mama's hatched with 5 more! Kitten season is certainly in full swing here.

QUINCY

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 1:08pm PST 
We got 4 more 6 wk olds on Sun. Cute as bugs and sitting in my Mama's lap right now as she's typing this. Hoping to get another one out tomorrow who is on hold, and then taking the 4 and their Mama that we've had for a month to Petco this weekend. We could squeeze one more litter in and then we're done until they are old enough and find homes. dancing

Yes kitten season is in almost in full bloom here. eek

Sara - In Loving- Memory

I'm the- Purr-incess

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 5:58pm PST 
We had a foster home meeting last night, and we currently have 200 cats (mostly mamas and babies) in "the system" right now eek
Thats a whole lotta kitties! And it's only May - when these babies are ready to go there will be a whole new crop of them out there, unfortunately.

Miss Daisy

I'm a happy- girl!

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 6:40pm PST 
Kitten season in full bloom here in The Mid-South. 5 kittens adopted this past weekend...Hurrah. However, 35 more kittens coming in the next few weeks. Yikes!!!

QUINCY

Purred: Tue May 25, '10 7:48pm PST 
We had 6 adoptions the past weekend - 5 kittens and 1 "teenager." Our first large batch of kittens are comming this weekend. I think we are going to have over 20 new ones go to Petco. We personally have 7 going the weekend after.

Yes, it's kitten season!!eek