Books that become movies

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Mon Dec 14, '09 4:31am PST 
For better or worse (usually worsefrown) Books often get made into movies. I thought it might be fun to discuss them . This year I have seen both Angels and Demons, New Moon. Both books I enjoyed. I thought New Moon was pretty good as a movie but was disappointed in the movie version of Angels and Demons . Both Dan Brown's books the Da vincci Code and Angels and Demons were real page turners but lost all their suspense as movies. Did anybody else see these movies/read these books?

Kingsley

Troublemeister- in Training

Purred: Wed Dec 16, '09 10:25am PST 
Hi Emma!

I read Da Vinci Code but I did not see the movie, and I did not read Angels and Demons. And you know what I think about Twilight...heehee. Oliver Pantherfoot LIKED New Moon though, and he said I should go!

I have seen all the Harry Potter movies, but Half Blood Prince was the one I liked the best (although it left out crucial info ABOUT the Half Blood Prince!). The others stayed so close to the book that there were no surprises.

I am really looking forward to The Lightning Thief--I think it comes out in February.

Since our Biped is home sick with a cold today, we might watch Coraline. That was a good book and I have heard wonderful things about the movie. We have it, but we just have not gotten around to watching it!

Hunter

Poop Anarchist

Purred: Mon Dec 28, '09 8:31pm PST 
My mama listened to DaVinci Code on audiobook, so she didn't want to see the movie. She saw Twilight, but hasn't seen New Moon yet. We loved the Twilight series, and intend on seeing all the movie versions. Although from the trailer, the werewolf looks kinda cheesy. We're also looking forward to the Lightning Thief on the big screen!

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Wed Dec 30, '09 3:59am PST 
Hunter, we thought New Moon was less cheesy looking then Twilight. The werewolves are ok you will see. I hope you enjoy the movie! I am looking forward to The Lightning Thief too. We saw a movie over the weekend that was about a young man named Eragorn who rides a dragon named Seraphina. That comes from a book series we have not read. It seems to Borrow a lot from Lord of the Rings though.
Did your mom watch Coraline Kingsley? I don't get the ending shrug

Kingsley

Purred: Wed Dec 30, '09 3:11pm PST 
Hi Emma!

We have NOT watched Coraline yet! And we don't remember the ending of the book. I think we may be attention deficit.

We read Eragon. It was written by a kid who was only 18 or 19 at the time. It was okay, but not our favorite and we did not read the sequels. The cover art is beautiful though.

Your friends,
Kingsley & Luna

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Jan 2, '10 3:57am PST 
The dragon in the movie is impressive! She is the best character too. I think it would be a blast to ride a dragon like that-if she promised not to eat me as a snack!

Flower - Purrecious- Angel

Flowie The- Warrior Queen!- (Thanks, Bugsy

Purred: Wed Jan 6, '10 6:35pm PST 
Was she like Falcor the Luck Dragon in "Neverending Story"????

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Jan 9, '10 7:41am PST 
No, she was a big reptilian dragon like in the movie Reign of fire! (i think that is what it was called) she was huge and could blow fire from her mouth.

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 4:14am PST 
The Lightning Thief. What a great book-what a mediocre movie. Sigh. The monsters were good, Grover was pretty good. I liked how they did the dyslexia with Percy. I am writing what I liked about the movie as it is a much shorter list. I laughed a little once, when Grover said Bhaa. And it should have been a whole lot funnier than that. They should have cut the scene of Percy fighting Luke in half and added some meaning full camp half blood scenes. I give it a c+

Kingsley

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 8:21am PST 
I was so completely disappointed with the movie! They just ruined it!

I agree that Grover was okay, but even he disappointed. None of the sweet, self-effacing, earnest Grover that I loved in the books. All satyr and swagger, this dude.

What did you think about Percy's mother?

Your friend,
Kingsley

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6