I've got a question

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Rowdy

can I run now?- how 'bout now?- Now? Now?

Purred: Fri Jul 3, '09 12:33pm PST 
Efurry now and then I think of sumpin (and it hurts) so I thought I would ask a question here fur you to answer--or if you have a question--

My first question is---
What is the name of the foundation that Brad Pitt has started?--tell us about it.

Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Purred: Sat Jul 4, '09 4:04pm PST 
There are at least two answers to your question, Rowdy.

Along with Angelina Jolie, he started the Jolie-Pitt Foundation, aimed at assisting with humantarian crises around the world.

He also started the Make It Right Foundation, which works toward helping victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild in New Orleans.

Rowdy

Purred: Fri Jul 17, '09 12:18pm PST 
I knew I learn sompin new here!!!! I only knew about the one "make it right"

Who remembers the old western Sugar Foot?
can you find his webpage??

Daisy Mae- CGC

Dying for a cure

Purred: Fri Jul 17, '09 12:28pm PST 
Sugarfoot was a western on TV in the 60's. Title role was played by Will Hutchinson.
You probably Google either name and find a website.

Webster

Purred: Fri Jul 17, '09 5:57pm PST 
Close, but not quite! That was actually Will Hutchins. Based on what Google coughed up, that's a very common mistake about the name.

Here are a few sites for you to check out:

The Official Will Hutchins Site

Sugarfoot (on The Fifties Web site)

Sugarfoot page on Wikipedia

Will Hutchins page on Wikipedia

One nifty little bit of trivia from that last site... Will Hutchins was once married to Carol Burnett's sister, Chrissie.

Ahhh, the good old days of TV Westerns! big grinway to godog

Edited by author Fri Jul 17, '09 6:08pm PST

Rowdy

Purred: Sat Jul 18, '09 10:06pm PST 
Woohooo Webster--U is a barking dictionary BOL

Who was the main character on Gun Smoke and who is his brother?

Webster

Purred: Sun Jul 19, '09 9:59am PST 
Ooh! I don't even have to research this one! Both of them (home-town heroes for me) are among my all-time favorite actors, and appeared in some of my all-time favorite movies and TV shows!

The starring role in Gunsmoke (just one word) was that of U.S. Marshal Matt Dillon, played by James Arness - the actual family name is Aurness - and his brother is Peter Graves, best-known for his own starring role as Jim Phelps in the TV series Mission: Impossible.

This post will self-destruct in five seconds! laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Rowdy

Purred: Sun Jul 19, '09 11:57am PST 
Webster is too good and funny to boot (not to mentions quite handsome says Chloe)

I loved all the old westerns too--
what show featured a traveling bounty hunter?

Webster

Purred: Sun Jul 19, '09 8:02pm PST 
red facered facered face Thank you, Rowdy... and Chloe. red facered facered face You are too kind!

That would be Have Gun -- Will Travel, starring Richard Boone as Paladin. It was a very unique show, especially for its day, featuring as the lead character an extremely erudite gunslinger-for-hire. To cope with his various situations, he called up knowledge that would appear to be the result of an entire lifetime of extensive education. He seemed to speak every language on the planet, and have every work of classic literature committed to memory. Yes, a very unusual character!
This was, indeed, a program for thinkers that appealed to others as well.

Rowdy

Purred: Sun Jul 19, '09 11:19pm PST 
You is crackin me an Chloe up!!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
boy you know you westerns don't ya--I gotta come up with somthin obscure

meanwhile: which one of the forementioned people had a cameo in one of the Men in Black movies?

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4