Problems w/ Cleaning Herself

Maynrys- R.I.P.

I love my daddy!

Purred: Tue Dec 2, '08 4:24pm PST 
Does your Manx have problems cleaning himself after using the litter box? We've noticed that our Maynrys is such a barrel shape that she can't reach her bottom to do a proper cleaning. She tries to contort herself in various positions, it's just physically impossible for the poor little girl to reach all the way down there. Does any other kitties suffer like this because of their torso shape?

The good thing about her being a rumpy is that we can notice if there is a problem readily. This is unlike with her kitty sister who can lick but chooses not to at times, hiding the mess under a long tail to surprise the family with later on eek

BABY THE- TUBCAT

I am not fat, I- voluptuous

Purred: Wed May 27, '09 8:45am PST 
Sorry that it took so long for me to read this. I have the same problem. Mom has to bath my bum in the bathtub ever so often to make sure that my bummie bum bum is nice and clean. Me and Hunny Bunny both have to have "bum washing ceremonies". It is because my tummy is way too big for me to reach all over to clean myself.

DANCIN' - GIRL

I BE DA- TIGER!

Purred: Fri May 28, '10 12:47pm PST 
Dancer is so round that when she tries to clean herself, she rolls like a ball. And, she does not want any help in that area at all!!!