How did everyone find their Nebelung?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Taz

Im the boss

Purred: Sat Nov 29, '08 8:47am PST 
I understand this is a very rare breed. I was just wondering how everyone here found their cat(s). kitty My cats history is on his page. We found him a the local shelter and they found him very tiny in the middle of road, all matted and sick.

Gigi

You can stare,- but petting's- gonna cost.

Purred: Wed Dec 3, '08 4:38pm PST 
Hey, I got my Nebelung, Gigi, from a rescue that got her from a shelter. The shelter says that a man brought her in said that she was his wife's, until she died of cancer. I'm not sure how true that story is, because she was only a few months old when the man brought her in, but besides that, I'm not sure. I'm so happy that there are other lovers of this new, rarely-seen or appreciated breed. They're very beautiful. Mine's a Nebelung/Chartreux mix, with maybe some Russian Blue thrown in. The rescue workers thought she was all Chartreux, but when I saw a cat breed book with a picture of a Nebelung, I knew my kitty had a major mix of Nebelung in her. dancing

So yeah, feel free to check out Gigi's page and message me. happy dance

Peace out! kitty

-Chelle & Gigi

Taz

Im the boss

Purred: Wed Dec 3, '08 6:33pm PST 
I was recently told by someone that I dont have a nebelung because the likelyhood is too great since there are only about 4 reputable breeders in the US. so she says. BUT, I disagree!! She says the white on the neck is a disqualification anyway. I still think my kitty is a nebelung. Through and through. Either way, I love him to pieces! kitty

Gigi

You can stare,- but petting's- gonna cost.

Purred: Wed Dec 3, '08 9:59pm PST 
Nah, I think your kitty looks perfectly like a Nebelung. He may not match the quota for the breed exactly, but what does it matter? Odds are that he is at least mainly Nebelung, if he is a mixed breed. He sure does look a lot like one to me. wink

My kitty isn't pure Nebelung, but she's got those eyes and face shape. She fur is more like one, too, in color. It's not as long, but that comes from her Russian Blue or Chartreux side. kitty

We are proud Nebelung owners/lovers united! LOL.

Peaceout. kitty

-Chelle & Gigi

Snuggles

the Snuggliest

Purred: Sun Feb 22, '09 6:32pm PST 
I got my Snuggles Kitty from a lady who could not keep her anymore. She did not know that Snuggles was a Nebelung, or even what a Nebelug was. I am not sure where she got Snuggles in the first place, so I am unsure of her lineage. However, I have contacted the founder of the breed, and she says that Snuggles looks like a true Nebelung to her. Snuggles seems to exemplify the breed; she is affectionate, cautious around strangers, muscularly built, and oh so fluffy. I love her to pieces.

jezzebelle

Purred: Thu May 7, '09 11:22pm PST 
hello i am Jezzebelle i was rescued from the Placer County Humane Shelter Ca, in 2004 at age of 4 months , my future family walked up to my cage and i stood up & curled up my tail & over my back & meowed, rubbed up against cage looking all pretty in my smokey blue coat. ooh they stopped played with me. I had so much fun, they had to wait for me as i had to go to the vet to be checked up before i could go to my new home. i have trained my masters well

Suzie

Purred: Sat Nov 7, '09 9:16am PST 
Meow! This is Suzie speaking. I was adopted by a woman through Kitten Rescue. She likes to call me "Faux Nebelung" because I look like a purebreed Nebelung, especially I don't come from Nebelung bloodlines. Meow!

Violett, In- Loving- Memory

The First True- Battlecat

Purred: Mon Nov 23, '09 4:36am PST 
I was given to my Mommi as a kitten by a lady with a litter. I am at the bridge now, but when I was on Earth I protected my Mommi to the point of attacking strangers. I am a mix, but you can see the Nebelung in my face and fluffy body.

Harvey

Purred: Tue Dec 1, '09 6:44pm PST 
My Nebelung Harvey came from the Animal shelter. A man who was in the military had to give up his two cats and Harvey was one of them. Apparently he had the cats since they were kittens, so i have no idea where he originated from.

Temperance

Purred: Sun Apr 24, '11 10:24pm PST 
Mine was a stra that adopted me. Im cant be completely sure she is one but she maches all the traites and qualites except that she loves little kids and older people all the same. dancing

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2