midnight face grooming

Gimpy

I do the macho- walk!

Purred: Sun Nov 9, '08 12:26pm PST 
At night when mommy and daddy are sleeping I jump up on thier bed and go crazy with loud purring hair grooming and kneading, oh and face licking, they think it's both cute and annoying. Afterwards I run to my food dish eat and drink a little and sometimes I hope right back up in bed with them and do the same thing untill I fall asleep. any other Mau's out there do the same thing? mommy and daddy are wondering if I do it out of love or if it means something, anyone out there know?

Monty

Throw the mouse!- Throw the mouse!

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '08 10:03pm PST 
I do pretty much the same. I like sleeping in my mom's hair. During the night, I round up all the toy mice I have hidden under the furniture and drop them on the pillow next to my mom's head. Then I'll paw her face until she wakes up and gives me attention. When my mom's working on her laptop, I try to squeeze into the spot between the laptop and her lap so she remembers what is most important!

I think we're just an affectionate breed that like attention and being close (in contact) with the people we love.

Gimpy

I do the macho- walk!

Purred: Fri Dec 19, '08 11:48am PST 
I guess so smile do you have a sensative stomach? because my mommy loves me so much but I've been getting gassy lately even though I'm on a good kitten dry food diet and mommy really doesn't know what to do.

Monty

Throw the mouse!- Throw the mouse!

Purred: Sat Dec 27, '08 9:57pm PST 
Yes , all the time! My mom attributes it to me being a boy..

Gimpy

I do the macho- walk!

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 3:44pm PST 
oh, My mommy was thinking something is wrong with my tummy, when she picks me up I meow as if it's uncomfortable but we'll see, on friday i am going to be neutered and mommy will have the vet chek me out then smile thanks