|Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 3:26pm PST |
|The first thin I want you all to do is take the link below (the jonrad link) and put it in your favorites -- you will need this for every hover pic you make!
This is the like that will make the code to put the pic you choose in the threads.
Do this now by opening this link in a new internet window - you will see a gray screen with 3 boxes and a "create forum code" button - when you have that window go to your favorites button at the top of your screen and click 'add to my favorites'
You will then always have this link handy
Ok now we have the code maker link saved to your favorites and we know how to copy and paste lets get to the selecting pics part then we can put it all together.
There are many places to find pic but I am going to show you what I use, once you have hovering all figured out maybe some other pups can show you where they get pics from. There are many different sites but I use Google and yahoo search.
1. Open another internet page and go to this page:
you will see a Google logo and a white box to type in - save this in your favorites too, so it is always handy when you want to make a pic, do that now at the main screen.
2. Now key french toast in that box and hit enter. you will see many pics of french toast....yummy!
3. Hover your cursor over the pics (do not click yet just hover over them) the pic will kinda pop out at you. Now notice there are numbers in that pop out that say for example 500x375 this is the pic measurement. It is best for the threads to stay at 500 or smaller, they fit nice in the thread without blowing the entire page up huge. Look at some and see how the measurements are all different. Do you see one you like?
*******TIP -- I ALWAYS STAY WITHIN THE FIRST 30 OR SO PICS, I DONT GO DOWN TOO FAR DOWN CAUSE SOME TIMES THE QUALITY OF THE PIC IS NOT THAT GREAT OR THEY JUST GET WIERD, SO KEEP NEAR THE TOP 30 PICS***
4. OK now you found your pic you want to use -- click on the actual pic once -dont double click -
You know go into another window - on the right there is blue text that says Full-size image - click that link -- you will now get a boring gray screen with the pic shown larger and that should be the only thing on the page.
******NOTE IF YOU GET A WEBSITE OR SOMETHING OTHER THAT THE PLAIN GRAY SCREEN THE PIC WONT WORK YOU WILL HAVE TO BACK OUT AND GO TO GOOGLE IMAGES TO START OVER -- THIS MEANS NO HARM IT JUST MEANS THAT PIC IS LINKED DIRECTLY TO A WEBSITE AND WILL NOT WORK, SO GO BACK A PICK ANOTHER PIC***
5. OK you now have your larger pic in a plain gray screen. Go to the very top bar of your screen ( the internet browser)those letters are the link for your picture and when you click in it once the entire string of letters should turn blue - copy that link using the copy method of your choice.
6. Now have your jonrad (link maker screen) open and ready. Paste that link into the very first box on that screen.
7. In the second box type what you want to name it, such as French Toast. Then click the " Create Forum Code " button. The 3rd box will fill in with a big long string of letters and symbols. This is what you need to copy and put here in the thread.
8. Higlight that entire string of mumbo jumbo blue and copy it.
*****NOTE -- IT IS LONG SO YOU DONT SEE IT ALL - MAKE SURE YOU DRAG YOUR CURSOR FROM BEGINNING TO END TO TURN IT ALL BLUE BEFORE COPYING***
9. NOW come into the post here and paste that entire link in. That is all you have to do. you can type in here before you paste the link like this:
I made breakfast
then post the whole mess....it will name itself cause when you named it in the second box, it builds it in the formula so you dont have to type french toast again in here, that is automatic way to go
***ANOTHER TIP - WHEN HIGHLIGHTING THE BIG MESSY STRING OF LETTER THIS IS HOW YOU TELL YOU GOT IT ALL IT WILL START WITH A < a and end with a > so that is one hint to show you have it all highlighted to copy
You have now made breakfast and a hover pic!
now the pics you can find are limitless! you can look for any food, dog or cat pics - example type in google cute dogs or cute great danes or cute cats or ugly cats or anything that exists and you will get tons of pic so be creative and have fun! cheer
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! It looks like a lot but once you do it you will be fine and you will get faster, it is quicker to do it that to write out the instructions....believe me.
The very next thing you will need to know to make your hover making easy is how to copy and paste text.
There are 2 ways to do this:
As you are looking at this post put your cursor on the following sentence and highlight it blue by dragging you cursor over the sentence.
we can copy and paste.
Now right click your mouse and a little box will come up click on the word "copy"
Now go like you are going to post and right click in the box -- you will get the same little pop up box and click on the word "paste" this will drop that sentence in your post.
ALSO the other way to do it (my personal favorite cause I use a touch pad on my laptop so it is a little harder than a mouse) is...
highlight the sentence, while it is blue push the ctrl key and the letter c key at the same time - you now have a copy of the sentence, then go like you are going to post, click in the posting box and push the ctrl key and the v key at the same time. This will put the sentence in the box.
the string of letters for the link code are very long when you make a pic so you will need to copy it rather than try to type the whole code.
Now most of you probably know how to copy and paste from playing the games when you copy the pups post above you and then add to it in your post but I dont want to leave any steps out way to go
Feel free to practice copy and paste in this thread too
|my page | msg me | gift me | become friends|