Search and Rescue for Missing ferals in New Smyrna Beach ,FL

R.I.P Feral:- Lucky- Snowball

98% Feral

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 4:22am PST 
I care for (TNR, shots, FeLeuk/Fiv testing, ear notching, feed etc)12 feral cats behind K-mart in New Smyrna Beach, FL, right off 44. 11 days ago my ferals started not showing up at their feeding stations. Within 3 days 10 are gone with no signs of them at all. One mother abandoned 5 kittens.(The 2 that are left are nursing moms and have been seen caring for the others). I have contacted the police and animal control as a shop owner in the area threatened to poison the cats about 3 weeks ago. My vet has informed me that if it was a predators the kittens and Mom's would have been the first to succumb. I suspect human intervention but without a body to autopsy I can prove nothing.
Friday, May 30th at 12 noon I am trying to gather a few people to aid in rescuing the rest of the kittens ( I have 4 at my home now and all have become tame with in 24 hours, hence adoptable) and to search for the missing cats and/or their bodies. I have permission from K-mart managers and the police.
If you can make it, even for 1 hour we'd love the help. Wear long pants, closed shoes, gloves and a long sleeved shirt and be prepared for anything. You may want to bring garden shears or something like that as it is a very wooded area with vines, etc. Water will be provided.

Sandy Baby- aka Sandia

I wanted to LIVE

Purred: Sun Jun 15, '08 4:26am PST 
I read your whole story on the Forum Legislature and posted there as well - Just wanted to let you know I sent AllyCatAllies an email regarding this and told them this is what *I* thought they would be all over, and ABOUT!

;-D

R.I.P Feral:- Lucky- Snowball

98% Feral

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 6:36pm PST 
I had e-mailed ACA about the situation and never heard a thing back from them.
I'm guessing you heard the sad end to my ferals?

denny

Purred: Wed Jun 25, '08 4:52am PST 
As I posted before I have been by that area alot and have left food too. On occasion looking back now I did see a homeless man on a bike in the feeding area. I wondered what he was doing . I never saw him do anything he was just there. If I can help please let me know. Everytime I go by I think of the cats and just are heartbroken.

denny

Purred: Thu Jul 3, '08 4:52pm PST 
While going by the area near kmart I thought I saw some cats. Are there still some cats left? If so are you still caring for them? Do you need any help? Please let me know if I can help in any way.