has anyone tried to diet?

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Bailey

Purred: Wed Nov 26, '08 9:53am PST 
WHAT IS A DIET?? MOL!!!! Mommy kinda has me on diet...we really dont eat that much...twice a day and she doesnt give us a lot but I am still a big gal...right now I am on the dry food of Iams diet control food...not too bad but the bestest part is the wet food...she doesnt give me but a drop so I guess in a way I am on a diet!!! I sure hope to get some Turkey and stuff tho for Thanksgiving!!! Purrs!!!

Tate

Mr Mimmens

Purred: Wed Nov 26, '08 5:55pm PST 
I tried dieting but it didnt last too long. I was on the same Fitter Critters club by my vet and was on the special diet food but it really didnt help me. I still felt hungry all the time and my mom even bought me a laser light to play with but all that did was make me even hungrier after play time. cheer So, my mom says Im beautiful the way I am and Im back on regular good food and lots of beauty rest.happy dance Happy Thanksgiving! Tatekitty

Gomez

let me love you!

Purred: Mon Jan 19, '09 10:46pm PST 
Me and my brother started having actual "mealtimes" last year instead of it being out all day, this did not make us happy, but I lost one pound and Caspurr lost a half. We really just need more exersize though I think because we are holding strong at 15 and 18 1/2 pounds.kitty

Fat Girl

chunky bar

Purred: Thu Feb 5, '09 7:26pm PST 
I was put on a diabetic perscription diet from the vet cuz of the diabeties and the fact I weighed in a year ago at 32 Lbs. I did lose 10 Lbs. but decided it wasn't for me and went on a hunger strike. For 3 days i wouldn't eat, the vet said I could have my old food back big grin cuz for me to take insulin I must eat , so I gained back 6 Lbs. My last weigh in was in Nov. the scale said 28.7 Lbs. I am large and incharge, big is beautiful, But when mommy takes me to the vet I don't like people talking behind my back and worse yet in front of me. Mom protects me cuz she tells them not to talk in front of me. I think their just jelous cuz I AM BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh out loud cheer wave

Fat Girl

chunky bar

Purred: Thu Feb 5, '09 7:28pm PST 
I was put on a diabetic perscription diet from the vet cuz of the diabeties and the fact I weighed in a year ago at 32 Lbs. I did lose 10 Lbs. but decided it wasn't for me and went on a hunger strike. For 3 days i wouldn't eat, the vet said I could have my old food back big grin cuz for me to take insulin I must eat , so I gained back 6 Lbs. My last weigh in was in Nov. the scale said 28.7 Lbs. I am large and incharge, big is beautiful, But when mommy takes me to the vet I don't like people talking behind my back and worse yet in front of me. Mom protects me cuz she tells them not to talk in front of me. I think their just jelous cuz I AM BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh out loud cheer wave

Redd Catt

Large and In- Charge

Purred: Sun Feb 15, '09 6:34am PST 
Greetings Fat Girl BTW you are quite lovely the way you are.
Yes we have tried diets. I do not over eat and have no health issues at this point. I will be 10 years old this year. We went to the vet to get our rabies shots a week ago and the new vet who joined the practice, just had a fit about my weight "problem". Mummy and my old vet there said it was no problem. I have a very large frame. But they suggesteed a new dry food with no fillers. Taste like card board and none of us cats will eat it. MOL. But Mummy leaves it in two of the dishes. Chef Rooster buried it with a towel he got from the laundry. Maybe Mummy will take the hint. MOL MOL.
Redd Catt

Fat Girl

chunky bar

Purred: Sun Feb 15, '09 7:11pm PST 
thank you Redd Catt, mom say's I am beautiful to just the way I am. I don't over eat, I get 1 cup food in A.M. and one in P.M., I have a sister cat name Cambria, she is not fat, she weighs 14 Lbs, laugh out loud laugh out loud

Fat Girl

chunky bar

Purred: Sun Feb 15, '09 7:15pm PST 
my vet is very nice, they don't ever bring up the fact that I might be over weight. they just say ooooooh fat girl. and if I gain a little they just say what happen? they love me, I am a cuttle bug, If you can pick me up I will cling to you, I am a happy big beauty.

Inspector- Morse- (Henry)

Henry the VIII- Rules &- Reigns!!!!

Purred: Sat May 23, '09 4:56pm PST 
You and me both Teddi Bear! I’m a carnivore! Yeah, diet is die with a ‘t’ Lucy Liu and I showed my Mom what I thought of this diet thing too. She had me on dry food and I could only have canned food every other day! Ha! I got outside and I went hunting and caught a rabbit and ate a bunch of it and caught two chipmunks but only got to eat one before I got caught and hauled back into the house. One day and one night the first time and half a day the second time. Pleased to report that I’m getting canned food nearly every day now -- even it if is only three ounces at a time the small can size. Of course, Mom is right and even though I’m a big tall guy, big orange red tabby, I don’t need to gain more weight. I weigh about 30 lbs. no joke but I am big build truly. Mom tells me and her friends do that I'm just a gorgeous male cat and have lovely, soft, sleek fur! The vet only worries when I go over 30 lbs. really... Mom has tried greens type dry food -- like it but still need my canned food and she found out that I actually eat less of the dry food and eat less over all if I get my canned food, that and the escape artist hunting escapades incidents.

Tuffy

Tuffy-

Purred: Sat May 30, '09 7:43pm PST 
Hi everybody! I am new to this group; I must say that it looks like MY kind of group.
Everyone here is beautiful and what do those vets know anyhow.
Let me say that my vet and I are not on speaking terms. I do not like going to the vet and he isn't especially happy when he sees me either. laugh out loud
He has put me on some yucky tasting science diet canned foods a couple of different times and I hate it. Won't touch it; won't go near it! I just try to scratch and cover it up 'cause it smells and tastes like rotten road kill. YUCK
He did say something at our last visit though that I must agree with. He said that the latest information that they talked about at a seminar this year indicates that kitties eat less if they ARE given wet food along with the dry. He said that the dry food has flavor enhancers (which are added fat) to make us like the dry and that we need to have meat in our diets. So by adding a good quality wet food with wholesome nutrients that makes us feel more full and so we do not eat as much. Sounds good to me!! Maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all. hail
I have actually gained a little since my last visit. I had weighed 16 lbs but at my last weigh in, I was 16 1/2 lbs. Hmmm, maybe I need to eat some more of that yummy wet food so that I won't be soooo hungry. MOL! (We like Sheba Chicken and Duck and Chicken Breast in sauce). I am just a big boy and I am hungry 24/7. Hey, after all, I just turned 10 years old and I need my food and my rest. What else is there in life, anyhow? MOL

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2