Good night, Everybody.

R.I.P.- Sebastian- 10/19/07

Is it time for- bed yet?

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '07 12:37pm PST 
It is with a very heavy heart that I, Sebastian's adoring sister Krista, tell you all that Sebastian, "Baz", crossed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday, October 19th, 2007. Being almost 17, as it happens, his health had rapidly deteriorated over the last few months and especially this past week.

Over the summer, we discovered that his hearing was totally shot. His cataracts were so bad that he was getting lost under the kitchen table, in the bedroom, etc. And finding his way back to the porch to be let back inside was an impossible feat. This past week, mom noticed a change in his breath and the vet said he was full of infection in his mouth and throat. His coat was dull and his fur would just crumble when stroked. Then a couple of nights ago, mom watched him in agony as he tried to sleep and was riddled with tremors.

She could not let him go through any more suffering. Yesterday morning, she took him in to the vet and saw him off to the Bridge. The staff has been so supportive and compassionate. They cared for him for the past 10 years and it was heartbreaking to everyone there. What has been most difficult for my mom was the fact that she had to go through this without my dad or me there, as we are both working out of state. It has torn us up to know that she had to do this on her own with no one at the house to comfort her. Sebastian's sister Chloe is grieving as well, constantly pacing and whining, looking for her brother.

I wanted to thank all of our dear friends on Dogster for the love and prayers that have been sent our way during this emotional time. Your kind words have meant so much to us.

If anyone would like to send a card, it would mean so much to my mom and dad to know that Baz was loved not only by our family, but by our dogster family as well. You can pmail me and I will thankfully give you their address.

Bless you all, and Rest In Peace, Lord Sebastian Wooley Bear.

Krista