Fantasy/Sci Fi!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Kingsley

Troublemeister- in Training

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '07 4:45pm PST 
Admittedly, this genre is not our strong suit, but we love the Harry Potter books, and we love even more The Lord of the Rings!

One of the funniest sci/fi books we've read in recent years is To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. It is part comedy, part time-travel, part technological satire, part period piece, and part romance! Plus, as an added bonus, it has a great cat in it! (And a very nice dog named Cyril.) snoopy

Miss Mittens- - Angel DG #14

Angel Diva

Purred: Fri Sep 14, '07 10:25pm PST 
Mom LOVES Lord of the Rings. Other than that, she has trouble reading Sci-Fi and Fantasy books. She starts reading and either gets irritated or bored. Hopefully someone can recommend some good ones.

There was a fantasy book about cats who could talk that mom picked up in one of those bargain book bins and she loved it but can't find the book and doesn't remember the name of the author.
confusedfrown

**Gaston**

Veni,vidi,vici- ...

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '08 12:05pm PST 
My Mommy is a BIG fan of fantasy/SciFi her favorite authors are: David Gemmell and Deborah Chester.

Luna

No Nonsense

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 9:04am PST 
Gaston! If your mom loves this genre, then maybe she's read books by Connie Willis? We LOVE To Say Nothing of the Dog! We've read it about ten times because it's so funny! And we liked the Doomsday Book, too, although it made us cry kitty tears. And Bellwether is also one of our favorites!

Have you read any of them???

Luna

**Gaston**

Veni,vidi,vici- ...

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '08 2:51pm PST 
No Luna I haven't read that but I will look them up ..thanks

Kingsley

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:43pm PST 
Finished Omega Sol which was given to us by a friend. Hard to judge, since we don't read a lot of sci/fi, but we really enjoyed it, although the writing didn't seem all that good. One thing that bothered us, was the main character had a dog that was mentioned in one part of the book and then disappeared and was never mentioned again. We don't LIKE that!

The ideas/concepts in the book were mind-bending! If you read it purely for those ideas, you will really like it. If you want a really well-written book with well-developed characters, you might not. It was a page-turner, though.

Luna & Kingsley

Misha Angel

Misha Mouse- snuggle muffin

Purred: Fri Jan 23, '09 3:39pm PST 
Me and Molly and my Mum are reading the wheel of time. She is on book 7. I fall asleep but keep her lap warm.

Kingsley

Purred: Sat Jan 24, '09 9:53pm PST 
WHOA! Book 7? They must be GOOD! What are they about?

You are really NICE to keep your mom's lap warm! I do not like to have a book between me and my Biped. I like to be the Center of Attention at all times. So I sit on her chest and gently impale her chin with my SHARP CLAWS if she thinks it is Reading Time instead of Kingsley Time.

Your friend,
Kingsley

Misha Angel

Misha Mouse- snuggle muffin

Purred: Sun Jan 25, '09 3:05pm PST 
Kingsley, your Mom is real nice. I guess she knows you are a house tiger. My mum starts with the book on a pillow on her lap. HEHE what is she thinking? Then I squeeze in , the book goes on the arm rest. The pillow goes. Pretty soon I am taking up as much space as I can. I get some smootchy time. Then Mum finds a way to fit me and the book. Then I fall asleep and get real heavy. Then Mum has to ask dad to get her a glass of wine because she can't get up! Molly gets on the blanket too and we have mum pinned in. Good job cats! I guess I don't really know too much about the book. I will have to ask mum.

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 12:16pm PST 
The book is about good vs evil. Oh No !! Like Lord of the rings there is travel through many lands and different peoples and ways of life. There are women who have special powers . Once in a while a man has special powers but if he uses them for long he goes crazy! So the women hunt them down and "still" them. No more powers for you bad boy! There is a guy who can talk to wolves in his mind. He always knows when wolves are around and what they are thinking. There are hundreds of characters in the books. Book 6 was drawn out and getting boring so Mum quit reading them for a while. Now she is on book 7 The Lord of Swords and it is better so far. Book one The Eye of the World is real good and you should try it applause

Edited by author Fri Feb 20, '09 12:18pm PST

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7