Who's your favorite Yankee???

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Boogers

Tiki Cat should- be illegal, it's- so GOOD

Purred: Mon Apr 2, '07 12:10pm PST 
OH OH!! Today as you all know is the OPENING DAY FURRR THE YANKEES!!

So to kick that off, I wanna know who everyone's favorite (or two or three) Yankee is!!

Mine are:
*Derek Jeter* and *Alex Rodriguez*

way to gohail

Gordy

Fuzzy and lovin'- it!

Purred: Mon Apr 2, '07 3:33pm PST 
Oh goodness,
I have to agree with Boogie about Jeter. Mom's followed his entire career and I have favored him my whole LIFE!!
He is just the most exciting player to watch in our opinions.
Mom also likes Mo and Bernie- Two players who were SO IMPORTANT duing clutch times in the past, and hopefully- for Mo, this season as well.
"The Ghost" that mom favors is Roger Maris. That he was able to hit 61 home runs, back in '61 when baseball was "pure", STILL remains the greatest individual accomplishment in her mind.

jeter harris- (hizself)

Life iz grate!

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 5:53am PST 
mi favrit ... mi idol ... da grate an fabyoolus derek jeter!
(an it wuz reelee cool uv him to name hizself after me!)

Mickey- Mantle

Mickey Mantle- ... A New York- Legend!

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 5:56am PST 
My favorite Yankee is Mickey Mantle.
My mom met him in Mickey Mantle's Restaurant in Manhattan just before he died. She said he was a gentleman ... and was very kind to her nephew (who was and still is a die-hard Red Sox fan!)
Everyone loves The Mick in this house! He's a New York Legend!

Whitey Ford

There's nothing- like an older- woman.

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 5:57am PST 
Whitey Ford

Matsui

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 5:57am PST 
Hideki Matsui

Sawyer

Got Food?

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 10:13am PST 
Gotta go with Jeter! way to go

My mom absolutely loved Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams, and for some oddball reason Chuck Knoblauch back in their day!

Sawyer

Got Food?

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 10:16am PST 
Oh my! My mommy is threatening to take away my treats for not mentioning that HER favorite is Andy Pettitte, since he's back where he belongs!

She just melts into a big puddle of goo over his eyes.

: rolling MY eyes :

Edited by author Tue Apr 3, '07 10:16am PST

jeter harris- (hizself)

Life iz grate!

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 10:41am PST 
mi mom luvz johnny damon ... but her verree favrit iz jeter! hee'z da gratest ...
an she luved reggie jackson ... she sent him a fan letter back in da day!

Gordy

Fuzzy and lovin'- it!

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '07 3:50pm PST 
Hey Sawyer,
My mom saw Chuck Knoblauch hit a Grand Slam on the LAST game of the 1998 season vs. Tampa at The Stadium. She remembers that day well- not only was it the Yankees 114th regular season win, it was the day Mark McGuire hit his 70th HR of the season (she's got a cool picture of the Yankees scoreboard when they announced it) AND it was the last day that Joe Dimaggio appeared in public before his death. The Yankees were giving him a new set of W-S rings since his were stolen. Mom has pictures of him also- walking off the feild for the very last time.
Chuckie made 6 million that year - #3 of the highest Yankees salaries list only behind Bernie and David Cone. Jeter and Mo made a measley 750 thousand that season!
HA!

Edited by author Tue Apr 3, '07 3:54pm PST

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3