Challenge 2 - Depth of Field

(Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 5:46pm PST 
We have to go into town on Saturdays so its unlikely I will either ... I am assuming it will all be there when we come back late afternoon !

As I dont drive here I dont have options and there is no public transport as we are in the middle of nowhere.

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 7:05pm PST 
I may not be there either...Mom's on Bonzer's clock...stays up late and gets sleep when I can! We have tons of things happening on Saturdays too.!

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 9:55am PST 
Understanding Depth of Field:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/depth-of-field. htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zdybilbCY

Stop-down your aperture.

The aperture on a lens refers to the "eye" of the camera. The lens aperture is similar to the pupil of an eye. If it is dark outside, your pupil will dilate. The same holds true for your lens aperture. This is also referred to as the f-stop setting. The higher the f-stop number, the smaller the aperture. The smaller the f-stop number, the larger the aperture.

Try stopping down to a larger aperture, which means a smaller f-number. You can try starting with f/2.8. The lower your f-stop number, the shorter your DOF is going to be. The higher the f-number, such as f/22, the more of the picture will be in focus.

Midnight - SDIT

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 10:24am PST 
Mom was a wondering what kind of camera ya'll are using. If you don't wish to post dem here could ya pmail me with what you be a using. Mama is still owed a birday pawsent maybe dis could be what we gets her. Or it could be an very early mother's day pawsent. Oh oh I knows it could be a pawsent for Sandy's birthday & me's gotcha days. Whatcha all fink???

Mom said dat she is missing her old 35mmm camera from da year of da flood. Not quite sure what dat means. Oh, Sandy just told me that it means it's an old camera & dat it uses film. What's filmshrug Me only knows bout dis digital stuff smile

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sat Jan 5, '13 11:02am PST 
Midnight check the Welcome thread. Many pups posted their cameras. A lot of pups got new ones for Christmas. Looks like the Rebel T3 was a favorite for gifts. Gunner got one at Walmart for a good price but got it during the Christmas sales.

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 12:03am PST 
bump a roo! hamster dance

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:00am PST 
Hmm, no plain blurred background..thinking thinking

Right, scrapped my last shot. Gotta think of something new!

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 10:12am PST 
Ty... several of us had to it seems we all thought it was fine to do that....

Edited by author Sun Jan 6, '13 10:16am PST

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 12:50pm PST 
Sorry I guess I thought I wrote something about adding interest in the challenge. I guess I didn't. It's easy to capture the depth of field part but wouldn't it be a much more interesting photo to have something in the background or foreground that is much more interesting than just the blur? As a Judge I would find it much more interesting to see something. I'm just sayin'

wink

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 12:58pm PST 
I had the standard blurry background at first too but I took some more pictures and I think I have my photo big grin

(Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9