Challenge 2 - Depth of Field

(Page 3 of 9: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 1:28pm PST 
http://www.dogster.com/forums/group/thread/695619

Dogster Digital Challenge -

Not The Focus Of Your Attention was the name of the challenge.

I have to go right now. See if you can get into the group.

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 1:43pm PST 
Thanks Talker!

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 2:36pm PST 
This is all new to me, I always want everything if focus! confused But I must admit I like the blurry background but never knew how to do it...red face I've got some pictures but I haven't downloaded them yet, had too much going on today!

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 3:40pm PST 
Dandi, I sent you an invite to DDP 2 and use the link above to get you to the right thread. The Challenge Name is "Not the Focus of Your Attention". Check to see what we are talking about.

What type of camera are you using?

Also do an internet search on the subject for some technical understanding of the challenge.

I hope that these challenges do help you all to push yourself out of your comfort zone.

The contest is more about learning and giving you challenges that take you out of the ordinary.

It's easier if you send me a request to join that group so if you want to join, then send me a request.

Midnight - SDIT

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 6:06pm PST 
Hmmm thinking Dis depth of field thing with our cell phone shall prove to be bery interestering. Since yesterday I've seen mom staring at her ancient 35mm camera & muttering wiff that dis challenge would have been way easier.

Me n Sandy will help me figure out something by putting on our finking caps thinkingthinking

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 6:23pm PST 
Is it okay to straighten a picture a little, if the horizon is crooked Talker?

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 6:55pm PST 
Bonzie...

.....personally I think that comes into cropping.. so allowed.. but better wait to find out....

I honestly can see no harm as it can be done in ANY free editing prog.. and I believe the reason for limiting the what you can do /what you cant do was stated rightly as some didnt have the advanced tools.. but straightening is freely available simply by making a 2nd layer and cropping.

I can only be 100% wrong on the rules big laugh

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 7:37pm PST 
Sure Bonzer.
I know that some free sites have a "tilt" feature that will straighten a pic for you.

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:25pm PST 
Talker.. a more accurate way is to make a new layer and tilt by hand.. and you can do that in the free photo editors too.

That auto straighten tool can sometime pull a fast one on you and tilt it the wrong way.. so making it worse big laugh Go for the "new layer" then manual straighten and crop to take the skew out the 2 layers !big grin

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 9:03pm PST 
I'd rather pups stay away from the whole layering thing. Bonzer if you do minimum fixing of your photo that should be fine. Thanks for asking Bonzer.

(Page 3 of 9: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9