NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 8 of 20: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Sun May 6, '12 9:20am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
HARVEST
GREG LAURIE

The Witness of Worship
They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved. - (Acts 2:46–47)
Your worship can be a witness. Acts 2 tells us the early church praised God and enjoyed the favor of the people, and “each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved” (verse 47). Is that somehow suggesting there could be a connection between worship and witness? I think so.
I think it is a powerful testimony to the world when a Christian can praise God despite hardship. Christians lose their jobs. Christians get cancer. Christians die in automobile accidents. Christians lose loved ones. Christians face all of the hardships that others face. But when people see Christians praising God despite the adverse circumstances, when they see us honoring the Lord, that is a powerful testimony.
I came to Christ initially because I saw a bunch of Christians worshipping the Lord on my high school campus. I was just a kid with no direction in life, and as I was walking across my high school campus, there was a group of Christians sitting on the lawn, singing songs. They were really simple songs. There was nothing aesthetically attractive about them. But what interested me was why they were singing songs about God at lunchtime on the front lawn of my high school campus. So I sat down far enough away where people wouldn’t think I was joining them, but close enough where I could eavesdrop on what they were doing. And as I watched them sing these very simple songs about God, I was moved by it. It opened my heart to hear the Word of God proclaimed.
I think the same was true of the early church. They worshipped the Lord, and it was a powerful testimony. You see, worship and witness can go together. Our worship can be a witness.
Summary sentence: Your worship can be a witness to someone else!
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugkissingflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon May 7, '12 3:26pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
STREAMS IN THE DESERT
L.B. COWMAN

Nothing is Too Hard
"Is there anything too hard for Jehovah?" (Gen. 18:14).
Here is God's loving challenge to you and to me today. He wants us to think of the deepest, highest, worthiest desire and longing of our hearts, something which perhaps was our desire for ourselves or for someone dear to us, yet which has been so long unfulfilled that we have looked upon it as only a lost desire, that which might have been but now cannot be, and so have given up hope of seeing it fulfilled in this life.
That thing, if it is in line with what we know to be His expressed will (as a son to Abraham and Sarah was), God intends to do for us, even if we know that it is of such utter impossibility that we only laugh at the absurdity of anyone's supposing it could ever now come to pass. That thing God intends to do for us, if we will let Him.
"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" Not when we believe in Him enough to go forward and do His will, and let Him do the impossible for us. Even Abraham and Sarah could have blocked God's plan if they had continued to disbelieve.
The only thing too hard for Jehovah is deliberate, continued disbelief in His love and power, and our final rejection of His plans for us. Nothing is too hard for Jehovah to do for them that trust Him
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugkissingdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu May 17, '12 7:34am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

Bird food
Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying,“Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.” 1 Kings 17:2-3 (NKJV)
About three-quarters of the way into the Book of First Kings, an interesting individual named Elijah suddenly shows up. He’s a powerful prophet who delivers a hard message to the King of Israel, Ahab: “There will be no rain for three years.”
Then, as suddenly as he shows up, Elijah leaves. By God’s direction, he hides away in a desolate place by the Brook of Cherith. And it’s there, as he’s all alone in this solitary spot, that God makes a special provision for him:
“And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.”So he went and did according to the word of the LORD, for he went and stayed by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook. (1 Kings 17:4-6 NKJV)
Each morning and evening, a flock of ravens would bring Elijah bread and meat to sustain him! We can safely put this in the “miracle” category for obvious reasons. But there’s also a powerful principle for us to uncover here. It was when Elijah was alone, away from the cities and resources of other people, that he witnessed God’s miraculous provision.
Sometimes, the Lord will call us to our own Brook of Cherith. He’ll lead us to a place where we have no one to rely on but Him. Why? Because it’s then and there that His miraculous provision can be fully revealed to us. And when it is revealed, when we’re sustained by the proverbial ravens, our trust in Him takes on a whole new shape.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat May 19, '12 1:18pm PST 
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
wavewavewavewavewave
HAVE A PAWSOME WEEKENDdancingdancingdancingdancing

Encouragment comes
Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, saying, “Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.” Acts 21:40-22:1 (NKJV)
What is that one thing you want more than anything else? Is it to see a social injustice toppled and overturned? Or is it to witness widespread revival among a particular people group? What is that one thing that drives you more than anything else?
Here’s how Paul would answer that question: “I want to see the Jews receive Jesus as their Messiah.” We know this because in Romans 9:3 he says that if possible, he would trade his salvation for theirs. So imagine how pumped up he was when he got the chance to preach the Gospel from the Temple steps to the “who’s who” of the Jewish religious community. What could be more glorious than seeing a mass conversion!
Things didn’t turn out that way. In fact, the masses turned into a mob and even tried to tear Paul into pieces. It reached a point where the Romans soldiers who stood by had to rescue the Apostle and put him in the local jail for his own safety.
Consider how devastated Paul must have been at this point. His greatest desire was dashed, and his life-long dream to see the Jews converted had become a nightmare. But as he sat all alone in his cell of despair, the Lord came near and encouraged him as only He could:
The Lord stood by him and said, “Be of good cheer, Paul; for as you have testified for Me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness at Rome.” (Acts 23:11 NKJV)
It’s often when we’re all alone and feeling discouraged that we received the greatest encouragement from God. It’s then that we’re able to sense His nearness and hear His voice. If you’re discouraged for any reason, get alone with the Lord, and allow Him to encourage you as no other person can.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugkissingbig hug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun May 20, '12 2:32pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

Sensing sin
But the children of Israel committed a trespass regarding the accursed things…so the anger of the LORD burned against the children of Israel. Joshua 7:1 (NKJV)
The seventh chapter in Joshua stands as a powerful warning of sin’s infectious effects. In short, it tells the story of a man named Achan and how his personal act of disobedience caused a national crisis.
Israel had begun its conquest of the Promised Land, and one city after another fell in their path, including Jericho. And it was there that God specifically commanded the Israelites to not touch or take any of the victory spoils, which is exactly what Achan did. He secretly snagged a few pieces of silver, a wedge of gold, and a Babylonian garment, and he buried them under his tent. God saw this and removed His hand of protection from His people.
Joshua, Israel’s commander, was unaware of what Achan had done, and went ahead with an invasion of Ai, which ended in disaster. Joshua couldn’t figure it out. Why had they been defeated like this? Had God forsaken them? Notice what happens when Joshua falls on his face and gets alone with God:
So the LORD said to Joshua… “Israel has sinned, and they have also transgressed My covenant which I commanded them. For they have even taken some of the accursed things, and have both stolen and deceived…” (Joshua 7:10-11 NKJV)
In his solitude with the Lord, Joshua discovered that there was a serious sin issue in Israel. Sin was brought to light and eventually dealt with. But please note that it was one-on-one time with the Holy One that got things going in the right direction.
This example can carry over into our lives, as well. When our lives are consumed with people and relationships, it’s often hard to discern sin’s presence in our hearts. But when we are set apart and in the holy presence of God, we become more sensitive to sin that needs to be dealt with.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYsnoopybig hugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun May 27, '12 12:34pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
IN TOUCH
CHARLES STANLEY

Recognize Your Vulnerability
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
Some Christians see a fellow believer fall into sin but fail to acknowledge that they, too, could stumble. That's dangerous. Satan has them right where he wants them: deceived by a false sense of confidence. Three enemies are constantly at work trying to bring us down: the Devil, his world system, and our own treacherous flesh.
Even though believers have a righteous standing before God, we must each, like Paul, acknowledge an internal problem: "sin which dwells in me" (Rom. 7:20). Satan takes full advantage of this weakness, luring us with fleshly and worldly temptations. He stokes our pride so we'll be blinded to our own vulnerability to stumbling.
Christians need to be continually on guard. Since ignorance--of the nature of sin, the strategies of the Enemy, and our own areas of weakness--sets us up for failure, we cannot afford to be careless in our thinking. Anytime you find yourself excusing, redefining, or rationalizing sin, you've lost your sensitivity to the Lord. God's Word must always fill our minds and direct our steps.
If you've drifted from the Lord, turn back to Him by acknowledging your sin and accepting full responsibility for it. Repentance simply means changing your mind and going in a different direction--toward God instead of away from Him.
The next step is harder. Respond with gratitude for the Lord's chastisement. Every time believers fall into sin, God lovingly works to bring them back into a fellowship with Him. His discipline may be painful, but it's always good because it brings us to our senses and reconnects us with our Father.

PLEASE TRAVEL SAFELY THIS MEMORIAL HOLIDAY. PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR OUR
TROOPS AND THEIR FAMILIES.kissingbig hugkissingNEVER FORGET FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT ALL,
MAZYkissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 2:05pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
STREAMS IN THE DESERT
L.B. COWMAN
God's Best

"Take the arrows. . . . Smite upon the ground. And he smote twice and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times" (2 Kings 13:18, 19).

How striking and eloquent the message of these words! Jehoash thought he had done very well when he duplicated and triplicated what to him was certainly an extraordinary act of faith. But the Lord and the prophet were bitterly disappointed because he had stopped half way.

He got something. He got much. He got exactly what he believed for in the final test, but he did not get all that the prophet meant and the Lord wanted to bestow. He missed much of the meaning of the promise and the fullness of the blessing. He got something better than the human, but he did not get God's best.

Beloved, how solemn is the application! How heartsearching the message of God to us! How important that we should learn to pray through! Shall we claim all the fullness of the promise and all the possibilities of believing prayer? --A. B. Simpson

"Unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20).

There is no other such piling up of words in Paul's writings as these, "exceeding abundantly above all," and each word is packed with infinite love and power to "do" for His praying saints. There is one limitation, "according to the power that worketh in us." He will do just as much for us as we let Him do in us. The power that saved us, washed us with His own blood, filled us with might by His Spirit, kept us in manifold temptations, will work for us, meeting every emergency, every crisis, every circumstance, and every adversary. --The Alliance
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Purred: Mon Oct 29, '12 8:23am PST 
Daily Devotional - October 29, 2012 "Not Fair?"

Not Fair?

read>

Mark 10:28-41

Then Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up everything to follow You,” he said (Mark 10:28).

Today was a bit surreal as I sat with a friend in the doctor’s off!

(ThankFul to you for all being so patient, whie Mamma Shawna tries to get every thread caught up~
Please tell me if you like this "ODJ(Our Daily Jorunal with God) I read it and it spoke to my Heart)

God Bless ALL,
Love To ALL.
God Bless ALL
Hugs and Tail Wags,
Copper
hugbig hughug

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 11:37am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave Sorry our posts are So HIT and MISS!smileWe are running and chasing our tails with holiday projects. As well as all the to-do's for Thanksgiving Daycheercheercheer Supply run today..... so we are trying to post while Gma works on doing her nails. way to go

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

November 17
Earth: don’t get too comfortable
“Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” Mark 13:2 (NKJV)
As Jesus exited the Temple with His disciples, one of them drew His attention to how impressive and glorious it was. Instead of going along in agreement, He looked ahead into the future and remarked that it would eventually be destroyed beyond recognition. In other words, Jesus was saying, “Don’t be too impressed by something that won’t last.”
A bit later, some of the disciples asked Jesus to elaborate on the Temple’s future destruction. In response, He didn’t just share about the Temple’s future, but about the future of planet Earth. Pay close attention to some of the details:
Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many…when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet…nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows. Mark 13:6-8 (NKJV)
Jesus revealed there’s going to be an increase of spiritual deception, political instability, and natural calamity here on planet Earth…and this is only the beginning! These troubles will intensify, and the only thing that will save planet Earth or anyone left on it is Jesus coming down from Heaven to rule in righteousness (Mark 13:24-17).
What should we take away from this? At the very least, we need to know that planet Earth is going to get much worse before it gets any better. In its current state, it’s never going to be a paradise, nor should we settle down and get comfortable in it. Just as Jesus pointed out with the earthly Temple, this world as we know it won’t last, and we shouldn’t be overly impressed by it.
Instead, we need to see this world as a place where our faith is refined and where our hope rests in our future home, which will never perish or be destroyed…Heaven.
Think About It…

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT YOU ALL,
PRECIOUS AND THE PONDEROSA PACK
OF ANGELS BABY AND FOXIE
AND AMAZING GRACE (AKA MAZY)
kissingbig hugkissing

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 7:43am PST 
welcomeHAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALLwavewavewave
TRAVEL SAFELY IF YOU'RE OUT AND ABOUT TODAYway to go

STREAMS IN THE DESERT
L.B. COWMAN
He Worketh
"He worketh" (Ps. 37hi5).

The translation that we find in Young of "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass," reads: "Roll upon Jehovah thy way; trust upon him: and he worketh."

It calls our attention to the immediate action of God when we truly commit, or roll out of our hands into His, the burden of whatever kind it may be; a way of sorrow, of difficulty, of physical need, or of anxiety for the conversion of some dear one.

"He worketh." When? Now. We are so in danger of postponing our expectation of His acceptance of the trust, and His undertaking to accomplish what we ask Him to do, instead of saying as we commit, "He worketh." "He worketh" even now; and praise Him that it is so.

The very expectancy enables the Holy Spirit to do the very thing we have rolled upon Him. It is out of our reach. We are not trying to do it any more. "He worketh!"

Let us take the comfort out of it and not put our hands on it again. Oh, what a relief it brings! He is really working on the difficulty.

But someone may say, "I see no results." Never mind. "He worketh," if you have rolled it over and are looking to Jesus to do it. Faith may be tested, but "He worketh"; the Word is sure! --V. H. F.

"I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me" (Ps. 57:2).

The beautiful old translation says, "He shall perform the cause which I have in hand." Does not that make it very real to us today? Just the very thing that "I have in hand"--my own particular bit of work today, this cause that I cannot manage, this thing that I undertook in miscalculation of my own powers--this is what I may ask Him to do "for me," and rest assured that He will perform it. "The wise and their works are in the hands of God." --Havergal

The Lord will go through with His covenant engagements. Whatever He takes in hand He will accomplish; hence past mercies are guarantees for the future and admirable reasons for continuing to cry unto Him.
--C. H. Spurgeon

MAY GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU,
PRECIOUS
kittykissingbig hug

(Page 8 of 20: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20