NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 7 of 20: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 7:38am PST 
wavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

April 19
Stephen
And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Acts 6:8 (NKJV)
The original disciples (minus Judas) quickly realized that they had to delegate some responsibility, so they chose seven men to help with the growing needs. Among them was Stephen, who was filled with faith and power and did many wonders and signs.
Despite these deeds, Stephen is most remembered for the sermon that’s recorded in Acts Chapter 7. It’s a very powerful and pointed challenge to the Jewish leaders, who had a long history of opposing God’s work. Their desire to have Jesus crucified and their persecution of the Church were just the latest example of this.
Filled with the Holy Spirit, Stephen connected these dots for them. And it was such a powerfully convicting message that it left them “cut to the heart” and enraged against him (Acts 7hi54). So much so that they dragged him out of the city and proceeded to stone him. It’s then, as his persecutors are in the process of killing him that he offers up the following prayer:
Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” (Acts 7:60 NKJV)
As the stones are hurled at him, Stephen doesn’t hurl insults or accusations back. He intercedes on their behalf. “God don’t hold this against them,” he pleads.
If that sounds familiar it’s because Jesus prayed the very same prayer as He hung on the cross (Luke 23:34). Notice what’s taking place here: Stephen is following Christ’s example, right up to the very end of his life. And by so doing, Stephen becomes an example for us to follow.
The example that Jesus left for us is one we can and ought to follow right up to the very end. Imitating Christ has no expiration date. Even when we’re on the threshold of death, Jesus shows us the way we’re to be and behave.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugflowerskissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Apr 20, '12 7:20am PST 
wavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
April 20
Anna
Now there was one, Anna… (Luke 2:36 NKJV)
The name Anna means “grace,” and that seems all the more appropriate when we consider the character of Anna, who graces Luke’s gospel. Not a lot is recorded about her. She only occupies three verses (Luke 2:36-38), but within those verses we get a portrait of someone special.
For starters, we’re told that she was a prophetess (Luke 2:36). In other words, she was a woman who was consistently proclaiming the Word of God. She knew what the Word said, and she was willing to share it with others in a way that was applicable.
We’re also told she was a widow of great age, 84 years old according to Luke 2:37, and that her husband had passed away seven years into their marriage. According to custom, Anna was probably married before she was twenty. So when we do the math, we see it’s likely she lived as a widow for more than fifty years.
But instead of going through life as a bitter and lonely woman, Luke tells us she lived a full life—she stayed close to the Temple and served God through fasting and praying night and day (Luke 2:27). Though single for the vast majority of her life, she wasn’t defined by a man’s absence but instead was defined by God’s presence.
And it’s to this woman, who had been faithful for so long, that God granted the blessing of being able to behold Jesus as He was being dedicated as an infant (Luke 2:38). True to form, she was at the Temple. And true to form she prophesied that this Babe from Bethlehem would be the Redeemer of Israel (Luke 2:28).
Although He certainly isn’t obligated to do so, God has a way of blessing those who base their lives on Him, and Anna’s long life is a shining example. Whether we’re young, old, or in the middle; single, married, or widowed…may we be occupied with the things of the Lord, and may He bless us according to His extravagant grace.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALLkissingbig hugflowers
HAVE A PAWSOME WEEKEND EVERYONEwave

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Fri Apr 20, '12 9:09am PST 
Thank you Mazy hughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Apr 22, '12 2:24pm PST 
wavewavewavewaveMISS ABBY...THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY...big grinTHESE ARE THE DEVOTIONALS FOR MONDAYsmile OUR TYPIST IS TIED UP WITH OTHER DUTIESbig grin
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

April 10
Nehemiah
The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah… Nehemiah 1:1 (NKJV)
Nehemiah was a passionate person. When there was something worth fighting for, he fought for it. That’s the theme we see throughout his life in the book that bears his name. Whether it’s stepping up to ask the King for a favor or fighting off those who would oppose his efforts to rebuild Jerusalem, Nehemiah was a man who went “all in.”
We see a striking example of this (literally) after the Jews began to repeat the practice of intermarrying people from the nations surrounding them. This was the same sin that had brought them to ruin many years before—and Nehemiah wasn’t going to let it slide:
So I contended with them and cursed them, struck some of them and pulled out their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, “You shall not give your daughters as wives to their sons, nor take their daughters for your sons or yourselves. (Nehemiah 13:25 NKJV)
Just so there’s no misunderstanding, this isn’t advocating hitting people or pulling out their hair if they sin. But the point in sharing this passage is to underscore the passion that Nehemiah had when it came to the things of the Lord. Obedience was something serious. It was worth fighting for. And he fought for it!
Sometimes, our greatest sin can be apathy. The Lord says that a lukewarm spirit or attitude towards the things of God is something that makes Him want to vomit (Revelation 3:15-16). Nehemiah was in little danger of that, but what about us? Are we passionate about the eternal truths of God that determine eternal destinies? Or are we guilty of losing the fire of our faith?
If we have grown cold in our convictions or in our compassion, the Holy Spirit is willing and able to restore the flame and renew the passion that once burned bright and clear. All we need to do is ask Him, and He will answer…because it’s His heart’s desire to rekindle ours.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 9:56am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

April 26
Noah
Then the LORD said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household…” Genesis 7:1 (NKJV)
Something significant tends to get overlooked when it comes to Noah’s narrative. Of course, we have the Lord speaking to him from heaven, we have the huge boat being built, we have all of the animals, we have all of these epic events happening. But take note that in the midst of everything, Noah’s household went into the ark with him.
Noah’s household consisted of his wife, his three sons and his three daughters-in-law. In other words, Noah’s immediate family was saved along with him. Again, there’s something significant about that.
Oftentimes, we can become preoccupied with the grandiose and the great. We can subtly start to measure our spiritual success in extreme terms. How far and wide did we venture for the gospel’s sake? How many people did we lead to the Lord? How many hours have we put in serving at church? How many lives have we touched and impacted?
Not that any of those things are bad in and of themselves, but we can get so wrapped up in these things that we neglect the thing that’s right in front of us…our family. And when that happens, when family is neglected at the expense of other epic endeavors outside of the home, it’s not a success story in God’s sight.
In keeping with Noah’s example, our faith ought to have an effect on our own household. We should be giving all due diligence to make sure they’re in the “ark” along with us. This is especially true for husbands and fathers, who have been entrusted with the spiritual leadership of their home (Ephesians 5:24-33). Nobody is going to be perfect in this regard, but putting a spiritual priority on our own family is a non-negotiable.
Is your own household in the ark along with you? If not, are you doing everything you can to make that happen? Spiritual success starts at home.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS,MAZYkissinghugbig hug

Abby - Forever- Loved

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 12:33pm PST 
Thanks Mazy hughug

My typist has been so busy she is finding hard to stop in, but we really enjoy your devotionals! hughughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 8:15am PST 
wavewavewavewave:- Hey there Miss Abby! We totally understand... we don't know, if we are coming or going???? So many jobs to do....just keep picking away at them. When out of energy or time to make a meal..we quit&clean uplaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
I'm so into Helping, that I'm getting tubbie time too!snoopyway to goSince I'm the Princess, I am cleaned up 1st.laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudPoor Gpa is last after us girls!big laugh

IN TOUCH MINISTRIES
CHARLES STANLEY,SR.

Learning From Failure
Luke 22:31-34
The disciple Peter was a man of great faith and bold action. But as readers of the New Testament know, his brash style sometimes led him to make humiliating mistakes. More than once, this disciple had to wear the label of "miserable failure" rather than that of "obedient servant."
We can all relate when it comes to falling short of expectations. Obedience to God is a learning process, and failure is a part of our development as humble servants. When we yield to temptation or rebel against God's authority, we realize that sin has few rewards, and even those are fleeting.
Failure is an excellent learning tool, as Peter could certainly attest. Through trial and error, he discovered that humility is required of believers (John 13hi5-14)VERSES 5 TO 14; that God's ways are higher than the world's ways (Mark 8:33); and that one should never take his eyes off Jesus (Matt. 14:30). He took each of those lessons to heart and thereby grew stronger in his faith. Isn't that Romans 8:28 in action? God caused Peter's failures to be put to good use as training material because the disciple was eager to mature and serve.
God doesn't reward rebellion or wrongdoing. However, by His grace, He blesses those who choose repentance and embrace chastisement as a tool for growth.
We would probably all prefer to grow in our faith without ever making a mistake before God's eyes, but we cannot deny that missteps are instructive. Failure teaches believers that it is much wiser and more profitable to be obedient to the Lord. That's a lesson we all should take to heart.
For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.
Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved.
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 2:22pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
FAITH'S CHECKBOOK
C.H. SPURGEON

April 30
The Overcomer's Reward
"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a New Name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it" (Revelation 2:17).
My heart, be thou stirred up to persevere in the holy war, for the reward of victory is great. Today we eat of heavenly food which falls about our camps; the food of the wilderness, the food which comes from heaven, the food which never fails the pilgrims to Canaan. But there is reserved for us in Christ Jesus a still higher degree of spiritual life and a food for it which, as yet, is hidden from our experience. In the golden pot which was laid up in the ark there was a portion of manna hidden away, which though kept for ages never grew stale. No one ever saw it; it was hid with the Ark of the Covenant, in the Holy of Holies. Even so, the highest life of the believer is hid with Christ, in God. We shall come to it soon, Being made victorious through the grace of our LORD Jesus, we shall eat of the King's meat and feed upon royal dainties. We shall feed upon Jesus. He is our "hidden manna," as well as the manna of the wilderness. He is all in all to us in our highest, as well as in our lowest, estate. He helps us to fight, gives us the victory, and then is Himself our reward. LORD, help me to overcome.
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugflowersdog walk

Abby - Forever- Loved

Purred: Wed May 2, '12 8:32am PST 
hughughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat May 5, '12 7:57am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
DAILY IN YOUR PRESENCE
REBECCA B. JORDAN
STEADFASTNESS

For he is the living God,
and stedfast for ever.
DANIEL 6:26 KJV

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART
My child, you can trust Me as I will never fail you. Others will leave you hanging and use you for their own selfish purposes, but I am always the same. Although you may question Me at times and fail to understand My reasons, you can rest in the assurance that My character is steadfast, never changing. Just like My love for you.
A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
Lord, You never change Your mind on a whim. You're not like a ship on the sea, driven and tossed by harsh winds. Your heart, thoughts, will, and purpose are set forever. That gives me incredible security and faith. Thank You for Your steadfastness, Lord.
SIMPLE TRUTH
Faithfulness is when God says "Amen" to the end of your task.
For more from Rebecca, please visit www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugkissing

(Page 7 of 20: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20