NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 6 of 20: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Thu Mar 22, '12 8:08am PST 
welcomeAND A BIGbig hug TO YOU....way to go
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 22
The Devil’s distractions
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8 (NKJV)
Scripture speaks definitively about the devil. It tells us that he is real, that he is the embodiment of evil, and that he has his sights set on God’s people. He’s compared to a lion that stealthily and strategically stalks Christians. There’s an agenda, a scheme, a game plan devised against them.
What do you think that involves? It involves a lot of things. Oftentimes, it involves an obvious assault. But Satan’s game plan also involves something subtler.
As we’ve witnessed throughout this month, there’s a powerful effect that eternity has on our faith. It puts things in proper perspective and gets us to concentrate on the things that really matter most. The devil understands this too, and one of his most effective weapons against Christians is to get their focus off eternity and onto earthly things.
When we’re preoccupied with the affairs of this world, Satan gets the upper hand against us. No wonder he and his minions work overtime in pushing that button in us. We don’t have to look any further than our own lives to see this exemplified. Think back to the times when you’ve lost sight of eternity and couldn’t take your mind off of an earth-bound issue. Those also tend to be the times when we make poor decisions and falter spiritually.
In hindsight, we can see how being distracted from eternity plays right into Satan’s hands. And yet, it’s not so easy to recognize at the time. How do we protect ourselves? By being sober and vigilant…by being on guard and alert. Particularly when it comes to eternity.
Distracting us from the eternal is a mighty weapon in the Devil’s arsenal. But it cuts both ways….a focus on the eternal is a mighty weapon in our hand against him.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingdog walksnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 6:58am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 23
Demas’s downfall
Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you, as do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow laborers. Philemon 1:23-24 (NKJV)
It’s part of the devil’s agenda to distract us from eternal issues by getting us to love earth more than Heaven. And over the centuries, he’s used this tactic to take down many who seemed utterly incapable of turning their backs on the Lord.
Demas was one such example. He’s mentioned three times in the New Testament, each time by Paul in his letters. We can deduce that Demas had ministered alongside Paul, because he’s identified as a “fellow-laborer” in the Book of Philemon. He’s also mentioned as one of Paul’s companions in the Book of Colossians (4:14), which scholars believe Paul wrote while imprisoned in Rome.
So Demas seems like a solid spiritual soldier at this point. He’s actively serving alongside Paul, and he’s even there during the tough times of imprisonment. But fast forward just a few years, and we see Paul’s third and final reference to Demas:
Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world… (2 Timothy 4:10 NKJV)
Now imagine the kind of life Demas had lived. He was out there on the front lines, sharing the gospel in foreign territory, witnessing mighty miracles, and being within constant earshot of Paul’s teaching! You’d never guess that he would one day forsake the faith. At first, not even Paul anticipated this.
Yet Demas did forsake the faith, and we know why he did. In keeping with the devil’s attempt to distract believers from eternity, Demas fell in love with this present world. We don’t know exactly how it happened. But somewhere along the way, the coin flipped, and earth’s enticements won him over.
Our response to Demas’ downfall shouldn’t be insecurity, but rather sobriety. Our God is able to keep us from falling, but we need to be wise in watching over our heart’s affections and examining whether they’re pointed towards earth or eternity.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 9:14am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
POWER POINT AND THE DAILY WORD
JACK GRAHAM

The importance of loving every aspect of Christ
March 26, 2012
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
Revelation 19:11
One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned about our Lord through the years is He is faithful and keeps His word. Because of this, you and I can be absolutely certain that He will fulfill every promise that He’s made. He is true to His word!
Now the first time Jesus came, He came in love and mercy. He came as incarnate Deity, extending His love, salvation, and grace into the world. And through that, anyone may experience the grace of God through Jesus Christ. There’s not a person in the world today who cannot know Him this very minute!
But let me tell you, He’s promised that when He comes again, it will not be as Savior, but as Sovereign. It will not be to die upon the cross, but to sit upon the throne to rule and to judge. The first time He came to put away our sins by His sacrifice on the cross. The next time He will come to judge and to make war as the conquering King.
So many people today love the “soft” side of Jesus, yet they forget about the fact that He will also judge. So as you worship Christ, remember that while those pictures of a sweet, gentle Jesus are true, they’re only part of the picture of the Lion and the Lamb who loves, but will also judge.
JESUS CAME IN LOVE, BUT WILL COME AGAIN IN JUDGMENT. SO AS YOU WORSHIP, REMEMBER TO APPRECIATE BOTH ASPECTS OF YOUR SAVIOR!
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '12 7:19am PST 
wavewavewavewave
SENIOR LIVING

How to avoid falling into bad doctrine
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. - Romans 16:17
Africa’s Victoria Falls produces a cloud of mist that is often heavy enough to impair visibility. Once a man was walking the path that skirts the giant gorge, and he noticed a sign on the rim but could not make it out. Not wanting to miss whatever it might be noting, he slithered and slid through the mud out to the very brink only to read the message:
“Danger! Crumbling Edge.”
As Christians, it can sometimes be easy to unwittingly miss the danger you’re in until you’ve gone too far. This is especially true when it comes to right and wrong ideas of God. You flip through the channels on TV at night and come across a preacher whose message sounds great at the beginning. But when you really understand the kind of Gospel he’s preaching, you realize it may be very different from what the Bible teaches.
Sadly, many once-faithful followers of Christ have built their house on this “crumbling edge” of mistaken faith, and their whole spiritual life has fallen out from under them because they forgot to stand on the high ground of biblical truth.
So if you find yourself tempted to walk out into the heavy mist of dangerous doctrine where things may not seem as they should, watch out for the warning signs! Stay grounded in the truth of Scripture. Recognize when what’s being taught is not what the Bible teaches. When you do that, you can be sure you’ll build your faith on the solid rock of good doctrine and not on the crumbling edge of bad theology.
Prayer Challenge
Ask God to give you wisdom to discern between biblical and unbiblical teaching. And when you do hear false doctrine, flee from it and cling to the truth of the Bible!
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 8:37am PST 
FAITH'S CHECKBOOK
C.H. SPURGEON

March 29
Dauntless Faith
"I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee" (Acts 18:10).
So long as the LORD had work for Paul to do in Corinth, the fury of the mob was restrained. The Jews opposed themselves and blasphemed; but they could neither stop the preaching of the gospel nor the conversion of the hearers. God has power over the most violent minds. He makes the wrath of man to praise Him when it breaks forth, but He still more displays His goodness when He restrains it; and He can restrain it. "By the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone, till thy people pass over, I LORD."
Do not, therefore, feel any fear of man when you know that you are doing your duty. Go straight on, as Jesus would have done, and those who oppose shall be as a bruised reed and as smoking flax. Many a time men have had cause to fear because they were themselves afraid; but a dauntless faith in God brushes fear aside like the cobwebs in a giant's path. No man can harm us unless the LORD permits. He who makes the devil himself to flee at a word can certainly control the devil's agents. Maybe they are already more afraid of you than you are of them. Therefore, go forward, and where you looked to meet with foes you will find friends.
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Mar 30, '12 7:48am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
TODAY GOD IS FIRST
OS HILLMAN

Live As Though You Are Dead
March 30

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus" (Rom 6:11-12).
"How will I know when I am going to come out of my adversity pit?" said the woman sitting across from me. "When it doesn't matter anymore," I replied. It brought back memories, when I also sat across from a mentor who said to me, "The only problem you have Os is you are not dead yet. You need a good funeral." He was talking about my carnal flesh life.
When Joseph was elevated to be ruler over the entire kingdom of Egypt after years of slavery and imprisonment, my guess is that it didn't really matter that much to him. He thought he was going to get out of prison years earlier when he successfully interpreted the cupbearers dream only to remain there two more years. "Why should this situation prove any different?" he must have thought to himself.
I believe Joseph had come to a place with God where he resigned himself to remain wherever God had chosen to keep him. He had become dead to his circumstances. It does not mean we can't have a longing for better days, but there is a Godly contentment that allows us to remain in any condition with a peace that passes all understanding.
The Bible says we are to live as though we are dead. This does not mean we do not have emotions or dreams. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them (Mark 14:34). That sounds like anxiety to me, yet we know Jesus never sinned. So, we can conclude that we can have concerns and emotions without crossing over into sin. God has given us His Spirit to allow us to operate inside the storms of life without sinning.
Place your faith today into the hands of the One who can calm any storm in life.
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYsnoopykissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Apr 10, '12 7:00am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
SENIOR LIVING

How you can endure hardship through obedience
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? - 1 Peter 4:16-17
Arabian horses go through rigorous training in the deserts of the Middle East. The trainers require absolute obedience from the horses, and test them to see if they are completely trained.
The final test is almost beyond the endurance of any living thing. The trainer forces the horses to go without water for many days. And when he turns them loose, they, of course, start running toward the water. But just as they get to the edge, ready to plunge in and drink, the trainer blows his whistle.
These horses that have learned perfect obedience simply stop. They turn around and come pacing back to the trainer. They stand there quivering, wanting water, but they wait in perfect obedience. And when the trainer is sure that he has their obedience, he gives them a signal to go back to drink.
Now many may say this is severe, but when you are on the trackless desert of Arabia and your life is entrusted to a horse, you had better have an obedient horse. In much the same way, we must accept God’s training and obey Him, even if that means we should suffer for His namesake. Obedience must come first in our lives.
So when you’re tempted to find the easy way out through disobedience to God, remember to obey. Trust that He knows what’s best for you and that even if it means suffering, He’ll care for your every need!
Prayer Challenge
Pray that God would give you the strength to obey Him even when it results in hardship.
Visit the Senior Living Ministries website
GOD BLESS ALL, MAZY AND THE PONDEROSA PACK

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Apr 11, '12 7:45am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
Why call?
Moses and Aaron…and Samuel…They called upon the LORD, and He answered them. Psalms 99:6 (NKJV)
"Thank you for holding. Please stay on the line as your call is answered in the order it was received." We've all been there, haven't we? Something happens that prompts us to call: the Internet goes out, there's a discrepancy with a medical bill, something strange on our bank statement appears, or we can't get our computer to do what it's supposed to do.
The point is, we have a need, and we want to talk to someone about it—only to find ourselves on hold for who-knows-how-long. Few things in this world are more frustrating than waiting on a response from someone who we're not even sure will respond. And when we fail to get a response, we usually stop trying to make contact.
But here's a fact we can celebrate: The Lord always responds! Psalm 99:6, along with so many other scriptures, reminds us that God answers when His people call on Him. Knowing and embracing this simple truth will have a tremendous impact on our spiritual lifestyle.
Of course, there are prayers that aren't instantly answered, and there are times when we feel like we're on hold. Yet even then, the Lord is using it to produce perseverance and deepen our relational roots with Him. The fact remains, He is a responsive God and His response to our prayers is always governed by His perfect plan and timing for our lives.
Why call out to the Lord? Because as with Moses, Aaron, Samuel, and every other person who has placed their faith in Him, He answers, He responds, and He always does so in a way that has our best interests at heart.
Heavenly Father, as You hear our heart's cry, make us ever-aware that our prayers are not in vain, that You are listening and will respond in the way that You know to be best.
Think about it…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
big hugdog walkbig hug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 8:58am PST 
welcomeAND GOOD MORNINGwavewavewavewavewaveWE ARE PRAISING GOD. WE HAD A NICE SOFT SOAKING RAIN ON FRIDAY. SPRINKLES THIS MORNING WITH RAIN IN THE FORECAST.winkbig grin

LOVE WORTH FINDING
ADRAIN RODGERS

APRIL 15
Who is in the Spotlight?
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me.” John 15:26
The Holy Spirit has one cause: to testify of Jesus Christ. He is very single-minded. He’s not interested in doing ten things for God – just one.
There are some who get caught up in the Holy Spirit. They focus on what He is doing – through miracles, healings, tongues, and more. Friend, beware of those who focus on making the Holy Spirit the figurehead of their faith.
The mark that a man is filled with the Holy Spirit is that he is always talking about Jesus Christ. He can’t do any more. He can do no less.
I challenge you to make this pledge to God: I will bring my talents, my business, my time, and my resources – all for the cause of Christ. This one thing I do – sink or swim, live or die – Jesus will be glorified in my life today and every day!

GOD BLESS ALL, MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

Angel Sassy- Foxie

Ready to- work-out?

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:18am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
SENIOR LIVING

How to love others with the love of Christ
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” - John 13:34
In Ernest Gordon’s famous book Miracle on the River Kwai, he tells the story of captured soldiers who had been forced by their Japanese captors to labor on a jungle railroad. The group was extremely fragmented, but one afternoon something happened. A shovel was missing. The officer in charge became enraged. He demanded that the missing shovel be produced. When nobody in the squadron budged, the officer got his gun and threatened to kill them all on the spot.
Finally, one man stepped forward. So the officer put away his gun, picked up a shovel, and beat the man to death. When it was over, the survivors picked up the corpse and carried it with them to the second tool check. There had been a miscount at the first checkpoint—no shovel was missing.
The word spread like wildfire through the whole camp. An innocent man had been willing to die to save the others. The incident had a profound effect.… The men began to treat each other like brothers. When the victorious Allies swept in, the survivors, human skeletons, lined up in front of their captors and insisted, “No more hatred. No more killing. Now what we need is forgiveness.”
It’s amazing the power that sacrificial love can have. And as those who are in Christ look to the cross and see the sacrificial love that was shown there, they should also be moved to show it to others!
Prayer Challenge
Pray that God would give you a new appreciation for the sacrificial love that Christ showed you when He died on the cross. Ask that He would empower you to show that kind of love to others as well!
GOD BLESS ALL,ANGEL FOXIEkissingbig hugrainbow

(Page 6 of 20: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20