NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 5 of 20: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 7:08am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 2
Just look at Jesus
“I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Revelation 1:18 (NKJV)
Yesterday, we started out by saying the Bible has a lot to say about an eternal realm that exists beyond our earthly lives. But it goes much deeper than that. Eternity isn’t just another subject in God’s Word, it’s absolutely central to its message.
Consider this, all of Scripture points to Jesus in one way or another. The Old Testament points ahead to His coming, and the New Testament points back to His coming. Jesus said that the Scriptures all point to Him (John 5:39). So no matter where you turn in the Bible, in one way or another it’s directing us to the grand theme of Christ.
Now, when it comes to Jesus, there’s no getting away from the fact that His existence is entwined with eternity. Not only does the Bible tell us that He existed eternally before His birth in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, John 17hi5), it also highlights His resurrection. And resurrection, being raised from the dead, is the greatest evidence of there being an eternal existence.
You simply cannot separate the person of Jesus and the reality of eternity. His biography doesn’t end at the tomb. In fact, it doesn’t end at all. It shows Him as being just as alive right now as He was when He walked the earth 2000 years ago. Which means you can’t believe in Jesus without also believing in eternity.
Although eternity is referenced countless times in the Bible, Jesus underscores it in an undeniable way. He is the central figure of Scripture, and eternity is the central feature of His life. If we ever question its existence, all we have to do is look at the One who is “alive forevermore.”
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 7:15am PST 
welcomeGOOD MORNINGwavewavewavewaveGOING TO BE A LOVELY SUNNY DAY!cheerway to gobig grin
Pay attention in this devotional to the attitude of each man's life and the examples given. (we know sometimes, we sound like a broken record....but our attitude towards God plays an important part in our relationship with him)
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

March 4
What’s so important?
It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment… Hebrews 9:27 (NKJV)
It’s not enough to know that eternity is real or that we were created for it. There’s some more important information about eternity that God wants us to be aware of. In fact, it’s fair to say it’s the most important information that a person can ever receive.
“So what’s so important?”
As the Book of Hebrews tells us, eternity is a place where there will be judgment. The original Greek word used here for judgment conveys a sense of separation and division. And the more we examine what the Bible tells us about eternity, the more we see that people are going to be eternally separated into two groups.
That’s not a popular position to take. We’d like to think of everyone having the same eternal experience. But Jesus said there’s going to be a division that takes place in the afterlife.
In Luke 16, Christ describes two men who die. One of them, a rich man, had little regard for others or for the things of God. In eternity, he experienced affliction and anguish. But the other man, a poor beggar named Lazarus, went on to experience peace and joy in eternity.
What determined their eternal existence wasn’t their wealth or lack thereof. It was their attitude towards the things of God. One chose to disregard what the Scriptures had to say while the other put his trust in them. Jesus shared this because He wanted to show that our response to the truth contained in God’s Word determines how we’re judged in eternity.
There’s going to be a judgment in eternity, and it will be based on what we do with God’s truth—specifically, the truth that Jesus sacrificially died on our behalf to remove the guilt of our sins. We can choose to receive or reject this truth, and our choice will have an eternal impact.
Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many…for salvation. (Hebrews 9:28 NKJV)
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingsnoopykissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 7:51am PST 
wavewavewavewaveMORNINGdancingdancingdancingSPRINGY WEATHER OF THE 50'S FOR THE WEEK.
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COYMarch 6
Words of warning
Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28 (NKJV)
A study on eternity would be woefully incomplete without addressing the existence of Hell. “Did I just read that right? Do you really plan on addressing something so sensitive, so controversial, so politically incorrect as…Hell? Surely, you aren’t going to talk about that!”
If Jesus consistently talked about something, doesn’t it make sense that we should address it too? Does it come as a surprise that He raised this subject more than any other figure in the Bible? Why should we discuss things like Heaven, love, joy, and forgiveness but avoid discussing Hell?
We shouldn’t. We’re uncomfortable with this subject because nobody wants to think about a place of everlasting anguish. It’s more than our imaginations can handle. And yet, it’s something our Savior spoke on with great regularity. Why is that?
Jesus talked about Hell because He didn’t want anyone to experience it. His words on it were words of warning, and that’s the heart behind this devotional, as well. Whether we like it or not, the fact remains that Hell is a real place, and it’s a real consequence mankind faces apart from the forgiveness of sins that can only come through faith in Jesus.
We can’t ignore these realities. But we also can’t ignore the fact that when Jesus spoke about Hell, He didn’t just leave His listeners there. He connected it to His mission to seek and save the lost.
“For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” (John 3:17 NKJV)
May that be our motivation, as well. May we be so concerned for the eternal well being of others that we share the way we should share, pray the way we should pray, and live the way we should live.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS YOU,MAZY
kissinghugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Mar 7, '12 7:10am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcome
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 7
Imagine that!
A man…was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 2 Corinthians 12:3-4 (NKJV)
As terrible a truth as Hell is, it’s only half of the eternal equation. On the other side is something so wonderful that it defies all earthly description…literally. At one point, the Apostle Paul was given a glimpse of a place he refers to as “Paradise.” He shared that what he witnessed there was so indescribable that it would have been wrong to attempt to.
This place called Paradise, which refers to Heaven, is so incredibly amazing that no single Scripture can completely capture it for us. The best we can do is create a composite sketch by piecing together the various descriptions we find throughout God’s Word.
Hebrews 12:22 describes Heaven as a city where thousands upon thousands of angels joyfully assemble. In John 14:2 Jesus tells us that there are many mansions (or dwellings) in Heaven. Matthew 6:19 says that Heaven is a place completely free of any corruption or decay. Colossians 1:12 calls Heaven a kingdom of light.
Revelation Chapter 4 reveals that Heaven will be a place where the Lord is forever worshipped by His people, and that there are loud rumblings like thunder and bright flashes like lightning. Revelation 21 says that the foundations of Heaven are decorated with every precious stone imaginable and that it has twelve gates, each of which is made out of an enormous pearl, and that the city streets are made out of gold so pure that it’s like glass.
We could go on and on, and each glimpse would only serve to stretch our imagination that much further and further. The point is that Heaven is a place more wonderful than anything we can ever conceive of or compare to in this life. And although we can’t even wrap our imaginations around what it will be like, its eternal existence is every bit as real as anything we will ever experience.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '12 6:45am PST 
welcomeMORNINGwavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 8
Quality, not quantity
“Whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:15 (NKJV)
So far we’ve seen that eternity is something God’s Word consistently points to, it’s the central feature of the Bible’s central figure, it’s what we were made for, it’s where judgment occurs based upon our response to Jesus Christ, and it’s defined by two very specific and different places.
Next, we need to familiarize ourselves with a biblical expression that’s inseparably linked with eternity: eternal life. This term is exclusively found in the New Testament, and we see it predominately used by Jesus, Paul, and John. What’s interesting is that in each case, it’s used in a positive and desirable sense.
But wait. As we’ve seen, eternity is defined by two places, and one of those places is anything but positive and desirable. How can that be?
This is what we need to know that this stage in our study of eternity, the expression “eternal life,” which appears many times in the New Testament, refers to a quality of life and not just a quantity of life.
“Eternal life” isn’t referring to the idea of an existence that will last forever. That’s something every single soul will experience one way or the other. Rather, it’s speaking of an existence under the best possible conditions. It’s pointing to a life of unending and unbroken fellowship with God through Jesus Christ:
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:3 NKJV)
It’s the fulfillment of what we were made for (refer to March 3), and while it begins here and now when we place our faith in Jesus, it extends on into our eternal existence. Eternal life is not just a matter of us living for a long time. It’s a matter of us being brought back into a relational state with God that can never be improved upon and which will last forever.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS YOU,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Mar 9, '12 7:40am PST 
welcomeMORNINGwavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

March 9
Nature lesson
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life… Romans 6:23 (NKJV)
In order to understand the true nature of eternal life, we need to understand the nature of sin. Here in the Book of Romans, the Apostle Paul connects the two for us.
He tells us “the wages of sin is death.” This is pointing back to what took place in the Garden of Eden as man disobeyed God. The moment man disobeyed God by partaking from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, his innocence was forever forfeited and sin rushed in and dominated him.
Notice how Paul describes death. He refers to it as a wage, which is something that is earned and deserved. Now notice that the wages of sin is death. In this case, death isn’t describing a natural physical death, but spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God’s presence. And in Luke’s Gospel, Jesus tells us that this separation is among the horrific features of Hell (Luke 13:24-28).
That’s the price that every person’s sin deserves, and if Paul ended it there, we may as well close the door on having any hope whatsoever of Heaven. But by God’s grace, it doesn’t end with the wages of our sin. Paul goes on to tell us that “the gift of God is eternal life.”
Do you see the contrast between our wages and God’s gift? A wage is earned, a gift is not earned. A wage is based on what a person does for themselves, a gift is based on what someone else does for them. A wage is the result of works, a gift is the result of grace.
Eternal life isn’t something we can ever earn or deserve. Its nature is exactly opposite of our sin. We can’t buy it or even barter for it. It’s a gift that God freely gives, and all we can do is simply receive it, which is why we’ll be thanking and praising God for His gracious gift for all eternity.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYsnoopykissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 8:43am PST 
welcomemorningwavewavewavewave about 58 for today and working its way to the 70's before week is over.shock
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

March 14

Light touch
“Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” Matthew 19:16 (NKJV)
As Jesus moved and ministered among the people of His day, a man approached Him and asked Him point-blank how he could have eternal life. In our vernacular, we would equate this to asking, “How can I get to Heaven?” That’s a great question, and Jesus used it to teach a great lesson that we ought to tune-in to.
When we read on, we find out this man was young and very wealthy. He was the type of person who was used to having life on his own terms. But there was still a sense inside of him that something was missing, an awareness that he didn’t have things in the next life under control. So he asked Christ what he had to do.
At first, Jesus reminded him about God’s commandments: Don’t murder, don’t steal, obey your parents, etc. The young man insisted he’d done all that yet still sensed something wasn’t right. Jesus, knowing the man’s real problem, gave him a startling answer:
“If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” (Matthew 19:21 NKJV)
The Bible says the man turned and walked away full of sorrow because he had a lot of possessions. That’s the end of this man’s story, and it’s a tragic one. Jesus had put His finger on the real issue in this man’s life. His possessions had come to possess him. He wanted to square things away in the next life, but he wasn’t willing to do so at the expense of the things of this life.
The lesson we need to learn is this: Whether it’s wealth or anything else, we need to have a light touch on earthly things if we’re to take hold of Heaven.
Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 6:55am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavemorning everyonewelcomereally warm weather for this time of the year. it was in the middle 60's yesterday. predicting 80 for whole weekendshock
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

March 16
How powerful?
That they might obtain a better resurrection. Hebrews 11:35 (NKJV)
Just how powerful is an eternal perspective? Is there anything that we could ever experience or endure in life that’s greater than an awareness of what lies ahead in eternity? Before answering these questions, take a look at what the writer of Hebrews tells us about a few of our faith’s forefathers:
Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection.Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment.They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented;of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.(Hebrews 11:35-38 NKJV)
“Tortured, scourged, stoned to death, sawn in two… Are you serious?” God’s Word paints a very graphic picture of what it was like for many who decided to follow the Lord by faith. In many cases, their decision to walk with Him took them into territory that’s painful to even read. And yet they did so willingly. Why?
Look closely at verse 35 and you’ll see that it was their eternal perspective that compelled and carried them through these trials. They understood that when their life on earth ended there would be a resurrection, and gaining eternal life was worth any trial or torture they would have to pass through. That’s the power of an eternal perspective.
In all likelihood, following the Lord won’t take us into torturous territory. But even if it does, an eternal perspective is powerful enough to carry us through any experience, no matter how excruciating or extreme.
With that in mind, let’s ask ourselves: What are we dealing with right now that can’t be overcome by the same perspective? The answer is nothing. Nothing we’re going through in this life is greater than knowing what God has in store for all eternity for those who are His.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugflowers

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 7:43am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcomevery foggy morning..will help settle the dust from it being so dry.winkwinkwinkwinkwink
EVERYDAY LIGHT
SWELYN HUGHES

March 18
Prioritize people
You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39 (NKJV)
Take a moment to look around you right now. Now ask yourself how much of what you can see will carry over into eternity. Not much.
Our houses and cars, our books and magazines, our laptops and cell phones, our stores and shops, the grass on our lawn, the stack of bills on the kitchen table, the calendar that hangs on the wall…none of it is going to make it out of this world. But do you know what will? People will. All people possess an eternal soul and will exist forever in eternity one way or another.
Maybe you’ve never thought of it that way, but aside from your own relationship with God, the relationships you share with other people are really the only things that are going to carry over into eternity.
What’s the point in making this observation? Just this: Our relationship with others demand priority over things that won’t last or matter a few decades from now. It’s a subtle trap, but one that we’re all prone to falling in. We lose sight of the things that really matter in life. Our attention is attracted by some flashy piece of technology or another earth-bound distraction. We lose touch with the people we were once close to. The relational threads begin to fray and unravel.
Jesus was once asked what mattered most in life, and His answer was really very simple:
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:37-39 NKJV)
First, love God. Second, love people. How interesting that Jesus prioritized people above everything—except Himself! Are we? If not, let’s get back to the simple instructions of Jesus by putting a greater priority on the people in our lives.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 7:26am PST 
wavewavewavewavewaveSENIOR LIVING

Discovering real life in God’s Word
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. - Psalm 119:105
Anatoly Shcharansky, a dissident Soviet Jew, kissed his wife goodbye as she left Russia for freedom in Israel. His parting words to her were, “I’ll see you soon in Jerusalem.” But Anatoly was detained and finally imprisoned. Their reunion in Jerusalem would not only be postponed, it might never occur.
During long years in Russian prisons and work camps, Anatoly was stripped of his personal belongings, with the exception of a miniature copy of the Psalms. Once during his imprisonment, his refusal to release the book to the authorities cost him 130 days in solitary confinement.
Finally, twelve years after parting with his wife, Anatoly was offered his freedom. In February 1986, as the world watched, Shcharansky was allowed to walk away from Russian guards toward those who would take him to Jerusalem. But in the final moments of captivity, the guards tried again to confiscate the Psalms book. So Anatoly threw himself face down in the snow and refused to walk on to freedom without it because it was those words that had kept him alive during imprisonment.
Do you love the Word of God? Do you cherish His precepts so much that you would suffer for them? God’s Word is more precious than any earthly possession. So as you live your life, keep the Bible as the light to your path because in it you’ll find the way to the life God wants for you!
Prayer Challenge: Pray and ask God to help you to walk the path of life with His Word as your light!

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

(Page 5 of 20: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20