NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 4 of 20: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 6:43am PST 
hughug

Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Fri Feb 10, '12 12:49pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave BBBBBBBBBUUURRRRRRRRRR ON THE PRIAIRE! -9 LAST NIGHT AND -5 WHEN I GOT UP. HIGH FOR THE DAY 4.shockshockshockshock I DID NOT GO OUTSIDE AT ALL TODAY......snoopy

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

February 10
Wrong to right
Therefore, having been justified by faith… Romans 5:1 (NKJV)
We all know what it feels like to be in the wrong. Maybe it happened when you saw blue lights flashing in your rearview mirror, maybe it set in when your boss told you he needed to see you in his office, or maybe it occurred as you were confronted by someone you'd talked about behind her back.
Again, we all know that sinking feeling of being in the wrong, of knowing that we did something and now it's time to own up and face the consequences.
Traffic tickets and demerits at work are one thing, but what about when it comes to being wrong, sinfully wrong, in the eyes of almighty God? All it takes to be in the wrong is to fall short of God's perfect standards, and the stakes are infinitely higher because the consequences are eternal in nature. Standing as an imperfect sinner before a perfectly holy God is something so horrific that it's hard to fathom.
Fortunately, we don't have to, because the Bible introduces us to an amazing principle known as justification. Justification is the act of making wrong into right, of turning guilty into innocent, of changing unjust into just. It's God declaring a sinner is now a saint. In His eyes, when a person is justified, it's as though they had never sinned. Their record is perfect, and it will stay that way forever.
How does this happen? Look at Romans 5:1 again. We are "justified by faith." God has determined that if we trust in Him, and if we believe what God has revealed to us, then we are no longer wrong but right.
In addition to all the other benefits of faith, it sets us right in God's eyes and eliminates any chance of us experiencing that sinking feeling of being wrong before Him.
To him who…believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness… (Romans 4hi5 VERSE 5 NKJV)
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissinghugsnoopy

Abby - Forever- Loved

Purred: Wed Feb 15, '12 9:36am PST 
Thank you Mazy hug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Feb 18, '12 8:05am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavemorning
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

February 18

Alive and active
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalms 119:105 (NKJV)
Yesterday we saw that faith depends on the Word of God, but the reverse is true, as well. The Word of God, if it's to have the power and impact that God wants it to have in our lives, depends on faith.
God desires for the Bible be much more than just another book to us. His heart is for it to be a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. Imagine a wanderer who is out in the wild, struggling to find their way through the dark. What a difference it would make if they had a lamp to light their way with, and a light to illuminate their path.
The Lord wants His Word to work the same way in our lives. He wants it to be a source of illumination and direction for us as we navigate the dark and hidden turns in life. God wants to speak to us through it as our ever-loving Father…and He does.
But here's the thing: It requires faith on our part to experience God's Word this way. As with prayer, fasting, and giving, we need to look at things through a different set of lenses. We need to be fully persuaded that there's a greater reality than what's visible to our eyes. We must believe there's a heavenly realm, and God speaks to us from it, and does so by way of His Word.
To see the Bible as a channel for the Lord to speak to us takes faith. It takes the ability to look at it as much more than another book, but as something that's spiritually alive and active. When we have that faith-based perspective of God's Word, we'll experience life in a way that will take our faith to a whole new level.
For the word of God is living and powerful…(Hebrews 4:12 NKJV)

Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '12 7:14am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
February 20
The ark's architect
By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household... (Hebrews 11:7 NKJV)
It's something most of us can't even remember hearing for the first time. It's an account buried so deep down in our minds that we've literally grown up with it. It's a story that even non-Christians are well acquainted with. It's the remarkable record of Noah and the ark.
Whenever we come to something as familiar as this, we run the risk of being a bit immune to it. We already know how the story goes and so we kind of close ourselves off to any fresh insights about it. But if we're willing to look closely, we find something interesting that plays into our study on faith.
Notice that Noah's faith was at the back of his immortal exploits. He was a man who simply heard the warning of God, accepted it as true, and then set out to do something about it. There was an activity that accompanied Noah's faith, and the same can be said of any genuine trust in the Lord.
Faith is not a spectator sport. It doesn't isolate or remove itself from responsibility. Just the opposite is true. Faith is actually the fuel that leads a person to pick up the hammer, to gather the materials, and to summon the physical strength needed to build the ark. Apart from genuine faith, God's warning goes unheeded, the ark never gets built, and the human race perishes. But with faith came the activity that God wanted and humanity needed. Faith was the ark's architect.
God isn't going to tell us to build an ark. But He will warn us about certain situations that will arise in our lives. The big question is whether we have the faith to heed his warning and then act accordingly. It's a question we need to ask ourselves, and it's a question that our actions will ultimately answer for us.

Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingkissingkissing

Abby - Forever- Loved

Purred: Tue Feb 21, '12 8:25am PST 
hughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 7:00am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
STREAMS IN THE DESERT
L.B.COWMAN

February 27
Isolation
"And he took him aside from the multitude" (Mark 7:33).
Paul not only stood the tests in Christian activity, but in the solitude of captivity. You may stand the strain of the most intense labor, coupled with severe suffering, and yet break down utterly when laid aside from all religious activities; when forced into close confinement in some prison house.
That noble bird, soaring the highest above the clouds and enduring the longest flights, sinks into despair when in a cage where it is forced to beat its helpless wings against its prison bars. You have seen the great eagle languish in its narrow cell with bowed head and drooping wings. What a picture of the sorrow of inactivity.
Paul in prison. That was another side of life. Do you want to see how he takes it? I see him looking out over the top of his prison wall and over the heads of his enemies. I see him write a document and sign his name--not the prisoner of Festus, nor of Caesar; not the victim of the Sanhedrin; but the--"prisoner of the Lord." He saw only the hand of God in it all. To him the prison becomes a palace. Its corridors ring with shouts of triumphant praise and joy.
Restrained from the missionary work he loved so well, he now built a new pulpit--a new witness stand--and from that place of bondage come some of the sweetest and most helpful ministries of Christian liberty. What precious messages of light come from those dark shadows of captivity.
Think of the long train of imprisoned saints who have followed in Paul's wake. For twelve long years Bunyan's lips were silenced in Bedford jail. It was there that he did the greatest and best work of his life. There he wrote the book that has been read next to the Bible. He says, "I was at home in prison and I sat me down and wrote, and wrote, for joy did make me write."
The wonderful dream of that long night has lighted the pathway of millions of weary pilgrims. That sweet-spirited French lady, Madam Guyon, lay long between prison walls. Like some caged birds that sing the sweeter for their confinement, the music of her soul has gone out far beyond the dungeon walls and scattered the desolation of many drooping hearts.
Oh, the heavenly consolation that has poured forth from places of solitude!
--S. G. Rees
"Taken aside by Jesus,
To feel the touch of His hand;
To rest for a while in the shadow
Of the Rock in a weary land.
"Taken aside by Jesus,
In the loneliness dark and drear,
Where no other comfort may reach me,
Than His voice to my heart so dear.
"Taken aside by Jesus,
To be quite alone with Him,
To hear His wonderful tones of love
'Mid the silence and shadows dim.
"Taken aside by Jesus,
Shall I shrink from the desert place;
When I hear as I never heard before,
And see Him 'face to face'?"
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissinghugkissing

Abby - Forever- Loved

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 7:42am PST 
hughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 6:19am PST 
wavewavewavewavewaveMORNINGdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

The target of our trust
So Jesus answered… "Have faith in God." Mark 11:22 (NKJV)
We've established that faith is belief that reaches beyond this world. It's like an arrow that an archer launches into the darkness of night. But if that's the case, what's the target? The Bible resoundingly answers that question by telling us again and again that the object of our faith, the target of our trust, is to be God.
That's an important point because in some circles there are those who teach that our faith needs to be in our own faith—that if we just believe long and strong enough in something, it will produce positive results.
But faith is only as valid in the object in which it's placed. Faith placed in other people or their promises is always going to be lacking in the end. However, faith placed in God's person and promises is quite another story. Faith in Him will never come up short, which is why Jesus told us to "have faith in God."
And we don't just hear this from Jesus. Jehoshaphat exhorted Judea to "have faith in the Lord" (2 Chronicles 20:20). David exhorted his readers to "trust in the Lord" (Psalm 4hi5). Isaiah encouraged his audience to "trust in the Lord forever" (Isaiah 26:4). The author of the Book of Hebrews speaks of the importance of having "faith in God" (Hebrews 6:1). And even Peter reminds us that "your faith and hope are in God" (1 Peter 1:21).
The consistency and continuity can't be denied or ignored. Faith, biblical faith, the kind of faith that believes beyond the limits of this life, is to be placed in God. Not man, not materials, not mantras, but God. And when He becomes the target of our trust, faith becomes the effective factor we read about in the Bible.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart…(Proverbs 3hi5 NKJV)

Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugsnoopydog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 12:56pm PST 
dancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

March 1
Eternity is reality
This world is passing away. 1 Corinthians 7:31 (NKJV)
From cover to cover, the Bible tells us that time is temporary. It points past our earthly existence and directs our attention to an eternal realm. A realm that’s just as real as anything else we see in Scripture.
God is presented to us as dwelling in eternity, and we consistently see His involvement with mankind. In Genesis, He steps into the earthly scene and interacts with Adam, Eve, Cain, Noah, Abraham, and Jacob. We see Him doing the same with Moses and Aaron in the Book of Exodus. Skip ahead to the Book of Numbers and you see God’s interaction with Balaam and Miriam. Deuteronomy closes with the Lord personally commissioning Joshua.
The list goes on and on, from Gideon to Samuel to Saul to David to Elijah to Isaiah to Jeremiah to Peter to Paul to John … and so on. Each encounter represents an intersection of time and eternity. It shows us that a greater reality exists beyond this world.
Not only that, but when we look at the actual content of the Bible, we find that a lot of it is devoted to accurately predicting future events. Why is that significant? Because it demonstrates an eternal perspective on human history, since only something outside of time can perfectly predict it. So the very text of the Bible cries out, “Eternity is real!”
Suffice it to say, Scripture is very emphatic when it comes to eternity. It doesn’t second-guess or waver one iota when it comes to its existence. It isn’t unsure or uncommitted about it. The Bible tells us that this world is passing away and that there’s a greater reality we need to prepare for.
In the coming days, we’ll take a closer look at what God’s Word teaches about eternity. But the first rung on our ladder of learning about the eternal is an awareness of its reality.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL, MAZYkissingkissingkissing

(Page 4 of 20: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20