NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 11 of 20: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 3:10pm PST 
Lianna,Hershey and Winkie.......big hugkissingbig hug

thank you for Blessing us all....hugs,mazy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Dec 27, '12 8:23am PST 
wavewavewavewave
ANSWERS FOR EACH DAY
BAYLESS CONLEY
Samson and Jesus-Part 1
For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines (Judges 13hi5). CH13 V5
And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS… And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:31 & 35).
There are some striking similarities between Samson the Nazarite and Jesus the Nazarine. Here are a few of them.
· Both the birth of Samson and the birth of Christ were announced through angelic messengers.
· Samson's father said, "Let your words come to pass." Mary, the mother of Jesus, said, "Let it be unto me according to your word."
· Samson was born to deliver the Israelites who were in bondage to and oppressed by the Philistines. Jesus was born to deliver the world that was in bondage to and oppressed by Satan.
· The Spirit moved upon Samson. The Spirit descended upon and anointed Jesus.
· Samson was a thorn in the Philistines' side, going about destroying their yoke over Israel. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil and thereby destroying Satan's yoke of bondage.
· Samson's own people rejected him and turned him over to the Philistines. Jesus' own people (the Jews) rejected Him and turned Him over to the Romans.
These similarities between Samson and Jesus are not coincidental. Samson's story is meant to point the way to Jesus. God wants people to know about the blessed Savior. You can point the way to Him as well. Tell someone today about Jesus!
MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU,MAZY
big hugkissingsnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:14am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
IN TOUCH
CHARLES STANLEY
January 5/6
The Path of Life
Jeremiah 10:23-24
Life is like an untraveled trail with complex twists and turns. Appealing activities can be detours that lead to the quicksand of sin. And engaging philosophies may form side paths that end up in a mire of muddled thinking. Even the best route isn’t all sun-dappled meadows and quiet riverside lanes. We may at times have to journey over hard terrain or shadowed valleys. The only way to be sure we’re walking right is to follow one who knows the way perfectly.
God is the perfect, full-service Guide. No one can go wrong by keeping to the pathways He selects. Consider that He lovingly and intentionally created you for this time and this place. The Lord watches over your steps because He desires to see your purpose fulfilled and His plan come to fruition through you (Prov. 3hi5-6). VERSES 5-6 Therefore, He promises to counsel those who follow Him (Ps. 25:12). When God warns His children away from a tempting sidetrack, it is because He foresees the dangers that lurk on that road.
There’s a correlation between ignoring God’s guidance and ending up in trouble: the one who stumbles off course has trusted his own “sense of direction”—his emotions, desires, or personal version of morality. He’s been pursuing what feels good or looks right instead of seeking the Lord’s will.
God has mapped out the path before you. He is aware of every obstacle and miry pit, and He knows exactly which sidetracks will tempt you. What’s more, He has committed to walk beside you as a Guide and Comforter so that you never face the twists and turns of this life alone.

MAY PROTECT,COMFORT,GUIDE AND BLESS YOU,
MAZY
big grinbig hugkissinghugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 3:12pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 9
Fear first
Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways. Psalms 128:1 (NKJV)
When we see the word fear, we generally associate it with something negative. The horror movie that we should have never watched when we were kids, the playground bully who never passed up an opportunity to twist our arm and make us cry, the situation that set us up for the ultimate embarrassment…these are all things that define fear for us early on in life.
So when we see a word like fear linked to the Lord, as in this verse, it can throw us for a loop.
But that's not the same sort of fear being described here. When the Bible associates fear with God, it's actually something positive. It's a reverential respect for God that's so powerful and real that it produces obedience in us. And it's this type of fear that goes hand in hand with those who are blessed.
A blessed life begins with fear. Not the negative fear inspired by the boogeyman or the bully, but the in-awe-of esteem that comes from understanding who God is—and that produces a willing submission to "walk in His ways." When that becomes a person's guiding reality, when it takes precedence over all else, he or she will be blessed. Fear is the fountainhead that flows outward in watering streams to every other part of our lives…producing an abundance of fruitful blessing along the way.
The opposite is equally true for those who don't fear the Lord. A heart that lacks in reverence for Him will result in a life that lacks joy, peace, hope, and every other blessing that comes from the Father above.
If you want to experience a blessed life, you need to fear first.

Almighty God, we pray that You would produce a fear deep within us …a fear for You that will be our surest guide and our greatest source of blessing.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYbig hugkissingdog walk

Precious

Queen of the- Country

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:56am PST 
wavewavewavewave
POWER POINT
JACK GRAHAM
How to know you’re ready for eternity
January 16, 2013
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1 John 5:11
When Sir William Ramsay was executed in 1683, the English patriot took his watch out of his pocket, gave it to his doctor on his way to the gallows, and said, “Here, take my timepiece. I have no need of it now, for I am dealing with eternity.”
Your time is ticking. And if you just put your hand on your heart, you can feel those heartbeats as if they were saying, “Quickly, quickly, quickly, quickly.” Then one day, they stop. And while death is sure and life is so brief, God gives you this life as an opportunity to prepare for the future because everyone will live forever somewhere.
My soul and your soul will go on endless, dateless, and measureless throughout all eternity. You’ll be alive a thousand years from now. You’ll be alive 10 billion years from now, either in heaven or hell. So don’t miss this opportunity!
So, here’s the question I have for you today: Are you ready for eternity? Are you ready for that day you move from this life to the next? The only way to be 100% sure is to confess in your heart that Jesus is Lord and trust in Him for the forgiveness of your sins. When you do that, you’ll be ready to deal with the eternity that everyone will one day face.
EVERY PERSON WILL ONE DAY ENTER ETERNITY. SO MAKE SURE YOU’RE READY BY TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST TO FORGIVE YOUR SINS.
PRECIOUSkittybig hugkissing

Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:18am PST 
wave Good morning to you on this Lord's Day! It's a good day to remember:

"Jesus renounced the joys of heaven for the sorrows of earth, exchanging an eternal immunity to the approach of sin for painful contact with evil in this world. He was born of a lowly Hebrew mother in a dirty stable in the insignificant village of Bethlehem. He became a refugee baby in Egypt. He was brought up in the obscure hamlet of Nazareth, and toiled at a carpenter's bench to support his mother and the other children in their home. In due time he became an itinerant preacher, with few possessions, small comforts and no home. He made friends with simple fishermen and publicans. He touched lepers and allowed harlots to touch him. He gave himself away in a ministry of healing, helping, teaching and preaching. He was misunderstood and misrepresented, and became the victim of men's prejudices and vested interests. He was despised and rejected by his own people, and deserted by his own friends. He gave his back to be flogged, his face to be spat upon, his head to be crowned with thorns, his hands and feet to be nailed to a common Roman gallows. And as the cruel spikes were driven home, he kept praying for his tormentors, 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.' Such a man is altogether beyond our reach. He succeeded just where we invariably fail. He had complete self-mastery. He never retaliated. He never grew resentful or irritable. He had such control of himself that, whatever men might think or say or do, he would deny himself and abandon himself to the will of God and the welfare of mankind. 'I seek not my own will', he said, and 'I do not seek my own glory'. As Paul wrote, 'For Christ did not please himself.' This utter disregard of self in the service of God and man is what the Bible calls love."
-John Stott

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 12:40pm PST 
AMEN!Hershey! Love it! thank you for jumping in and sharing....cheercheercheercheer
We've always hoped members would...Even ask them too....but rarely happens...confused We've never understood why?thinking The group sure can use
some helpers....way to go just too much for a couple people....big grin

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 6:56am PST 
welcomeGood Morningwave It is a -16 this morning with a windchill of -40 to -50 for the whole day!shockshockshockeekeekeekSure glad I don't have to go outside to potty!big grin

GOD'S LOVE AT WORK
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheer

Week of January 20
Tenacity
"Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well." ~ Mark 6hi56 (NKJV)
Tenacity means to cling to a belief without doubting. It is a set kind of faith, a determination that doesn't waver. It takes a lot of tenacity to believe for a healing touch when we are sick, when our physical bodies suggest hopelessness, when we have waited a long time.
But our Father made divine healing a commodity through Jesus. In the marketplaces—the center of business—divine healings were common and useful for building people's faith and winning souls, for setting people free from the bondage of disease, for restoring them to productivity and for the purpose of spreading the good news. Miraculous wonders of healing were evidence that Jesus was who He said He was.

Hebrews 13:8 enlightens us that "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Indeed, He heals today. His power hasn't changed since He walked through marketplaces full of sick people on earth. Still, all we need is one touch from Him.
Tenacious faith is exhibited profoundly in the testimony of the woman with the issue of blood (Matt. 9:20). The Bible tells us that she was sick for 12 years. We don't know at what rate blood drained out of her body, but we do know that blood is life. Surely, her faith was tested as she felt the very life drain out of her.
But, according to the Amplified Bible, she kept saying to herself, "If I only touch His garment, I shall be restored to health" (Matt. 9:21). Her declarations of divine truth built her faith and determination above her natural circumstances, which kept her going to the point of receiving complete healing. Touching the hem of Jesus' garment brings perfect restoration to people (Matt. 14:36). But we must journey forth, reach out and connect.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 tells us that when we seek Him with all of our heart, we will find Him. And in His presence, His hem is available to us.
To be sure, Jesus heals in many ways, and, I believe, in His appointed time. Like salvation, healing is a faith journey extended from the very heart of God's love, grace and mercy. But do we have the tenacity to see it through? How deep and how far are we willing to journey in our commitment to the kind of faith that brings life and restoration?
Surely, God has called us to tenacious faith. Do we humbly present or "lay" people from our assigned workplaces before Jesus? Do we desperately beseech Him for a healing touch? Do we have a heart for others to be healed, a heart for doing the work of Jesus?
So often, the Lord has shown me that when I step out in faith and pray for the restoration of others, He rewards me by caring for my needs. Tenacity is about selflessness. It is about choosing to believe the truth of God's divine precepts over natural circumstances. And it's about taking courage to journey forth with Jesus no matter what.
Regarding divine healing, tenacity allows us to confront and overcome all root causes of diseases, such as unforgiveness and other unconfessed sin. It keeps us going to completion.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (Jn 14:6). Won't you bring life to someone in your workplace through a tenacious heart for Jesus?

Margaret D. Mitchell is the Founder of God's Love at Work, a marketplace outreach purposed to share God's greatest power source - the love of Christ.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU,MAZY

kissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 8:18am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcome
GOD IS FIRST TODAY
OS HILLMAN
Greek versus Hebraic
January 25

"I will bend Judah as I bend my bow and fill it with Ephraim. I will rouse your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece, and make you like a warrior's sword.”- (Zech 9:13).
In the early church there was an emphasis on developing a heart toward God. This was the Hebraic way. The scriptures were not accessible like they are for us. So, the relationship with God was the key focus. God related to his people on a personal and intimate level. And obedience was the key to a healthy relationship with God. Decisions were not made based on reason and analysis, but by obedience. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" (Ps. 111:10).
This is why many of the miracles performed in the Bible went against natural reason, (i.e. feeding five thousand, crossing the Red Sea, retrieving a coin from a fish's mouth, walking around Jericho to win a battle, etc.) God constantly wanted to check the leader's obedience, not his knowledge. Knowledge and reason came into the early Church with the Greek scholars in subsequent centuries. This is when the church began to affirm oratory skills among Church leaders. Gradually, over many centuries the focus on knowledge and reason has become more accepted in the Church.
Loss of intimacy with God has been the fallout as a result of the influence of the Greek spirit. The primary focus has been teaching and discipleship instead of the development of a personal and intimate relationship with God. This has resulted in a form of religion, but one without power.
In the early church, the rabbi was there primarily for quality control, not as the primary teacher and speaker. He did not even address the people from an elevated platform. The whole congregation was in a more circular format, each sharing what they believed God was saying. The focus was on the power of God working through each individual, not one individual (1 Cor. 14:26).
Is your focus on gaining more knowledge or growing in intimacy and power with Jesus? He desires to know you intimately.
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYsnoopybig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 2:48pm PST 
wavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 28
Aim at yourself
Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men who work iniquity… Psalms 141:3-4 (NKJV)
Psalm 141 is a prayer that essentially takes aim at unrighteousness. It was penned by David at a time when his enemies had ramped-up their attacks against him, and his language throughout the Psalm really reflects this.
But we need to notice something significant in verses 3 and 4. Before David launches into this Psalm aimed at unrighteousness, he aims it at himself by asking the Lord to keep watch over his mouth and to protect his heart from evil. He understood that as wicked and unrighteous as his enemies were, he harbored the same sinful potential and needed the Lord's protection in order to be any different.
That's an important principle for us to apply, because it's second nature for us to focus on the wrong around us—instead of considering that there may be something wrong inside of us. As it's been said, "We're our own worst enemies," and it takes a perspective like David's to see that we need to be open to God's correction in our own hearts first and foremost.
Perhaps there's unrighteousness raging all around you. Perhaps there are those who require God's corrective intervention. But perhaps there's a plank in your own eye that needs to be dealt with first.
Whatever the case, it's always wise to follow David's example by acknowledging your own potential for sin before focusing on the sins of others. When we come to God that way, He is always faithful to not only show us our sin but to give us the grace needed to overcome it.
Dear God, we don't want to simply be those who find fault in others while the sin in our own heart burns out of control. Search us, show us, and save us from our own sinfulness.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS,MAZY
wavekissingbig hugdog walk

(Page 11 of 20: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20