NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 10 of 20: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 6:22am PST 
cheercheercheercheerThank You Hershey, you have Blessed our morning.....big grin

Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 9:31am PST 
wave You're welcome! Here's a follow-up thought:

"Just as it is the nature of light to shine, so it is the nature of God to reveal himself. True, he hides himself from the wise and clever, but only because they are proud and do not want to know him; he reveals himself to 'babies', that is, to those humble enough to receive his self-disclosure ... The chief reason why people do not know God is not because he hides from them, but because they hide from him." (John Stott)

Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 4:15pm PST 
Amen!!!!!!!!!way to gowinkbig grin

Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 4:12pm PST 
HARVEST
GREG LAURIE
cheercheercheercheercheer

God’s Gift to Us (Part 1)
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.—John 3:17
When you’re a child, Christmas is all about receiving gifts. In December, your head is swimming with nothing but images of your favorite toys.
But the true message of Christmas is not the presents we give to one another. The true meaning is the gift that God gave to us, His Son Jesus Christ.
During the next two days, I want to point out to you three things about the gift God gave to us in that tiny manger in Bethlehem.
The first thing we want to realize about God’s gift to us is that it came in simple wrapping. Some people will go to great lengths to wrap presents beautifully. But God’sgift came to us not in beautiful, ornate wrapping, but in a dirty manger found in a cold cave in a little-known town called Bethlehem.
That’s the beauty of the Christmas event. Jesus took His place in a manger so that we might have a home in heaven. The Savior was not wrapped in satin sheets, but in common rags. There in a manger rested the greatest gift in the plainest of wrapping.
The second thing I want to point out about God’s gift to us is that we don’t deserve it. Consider this: God gave us the ultimate gift of His Son Jesus Christ while we were still sinning against Him (see Romans 5:8).
We did nothing whatsoever to merit or deserve His gift. That is the amazing truth of Christmas. Despite who we are, God sent His Son so “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
With Christmas just days away, begin to prepare your heart for the celebration of the birth of our Savior. Meditate on the fact that Jesus was born to die so that we might live.

God’s Gift to Us (Part 2)
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.—Isaiah 9:6
We celebrate Christmas in order to rejoice over God’s most precious gift to us. The birth of Jesus Christ is a gift from God that came in simple wrapping, as well as a gift we don’t deserve. But the gift of Christ also explains His purpose for humankind.
The gift of Christ was no afterthought. Long before there was a stable in Bethlehem, before Adam and Eve ever set eyes on each other, and even before there existed a garden called Eden, God decided to send His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins.
From the beginning, God knew humankind would fall short of His glory. That is why the Scriptures proclaim that Jesus Christ was slain from the foundation of the world (see Revelation 13:8).
God made a decision from the very beginning that Christ would come to this earth to live and die and rise again from the dead. God’s gift to us proves His purpose to redeem us.
The gift of Jesus Christ is what Christmas is all about. Jesus came near to us so we could come near to Him.
Christmas is not about tinsel or shopping or gifts under a tree. Christmas is about the gift God gave on the tree where Christ died for our sins, giving us the gift of eternal life.
That is what He has accomplished. This is the gift He extends. And if you receive it, you will experience the merriest Christmas of all.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU,
ANGEL BABY
big hugkissinglittle angel

Lainna Aiko

God Has Answered- Our Prayers

Purred: Sat Dec 22, '12 6:09pm PST 
I have a cat now that I used to not care for cats and this cat was given to me by my stepson - I felt the necessity of naming her something meaningful as I am battling Lupus, Sjogrens, Fibromyalgia, Heart Valve Disease, and now Cancer... this kitty has came into my life by no other than devine intervention of exactly what I need at this time in my life. She is so comforting - she has become one of my best friends and I know I am not alone in saying that.

Her name is Lainna Aiko - it was hard to choose one name that fit what I wanted but I wanted it to be spiritual. Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior has been the only one who could see into my pain both the emotional pain this causes and the physical, and I wanted to name her something special.

Lainna means "God has heard our prayers" and Aiko means "Blessed little loved one". I never knew at the time of naming her how much she would live up to that. She is the best friend I could ever ask for and I don't care if that sounds pathetic but she never judges, she comes up to not just me alone when I am in pain but the exact location I hurt and lays and purrs and is such a comfort. I love this cat. I disliked cats for so long and this one has become my very best friend. I never have to explain a thing to her - like if I am crying, she just cuddles up with me. If I am hollering at her from getting out of the Christmas tree - I actually come back and say "I'm sorry girl. Forgive me, I am just feeling really sick and lonely right now and I don't want you to eat the birds" (we have birds too).

Do you know how she responds? Complete forgiveness and comes up and cuddles with me - the epitome of how Christ asks us to live. How many people can't live up to that - myself included on instantly forgiving yelling at them in a moment of either emotional pain or in that particular case - actual physical pain where I could not chase her away from the birds (she climbs our Christmas Tree to get to the birds, lol) How many are nonjudgmental of people's illnesses and the feelings that come along with it. Hopelessness, guilt, feelings of being a burden, and yet she never seems to mind. She just nuzzles away. And I so wish more people were like that. To be understanding to those who are ill (even for those who are not physically ill but emotionally) and wouldn't the world be just as God would want it? So much judgments in the world and unforgiveness and yet, our pets practice it all the time. It can not be very hard for us humans to do the same can it?

Lainna has been an answered prayer - I am often home alone due to a family business and when that is going on, it is SUCH a help to have my little girl with me. Before everyone takes off for the day, I try to always make sure Lainna is in the room with me. Because I know her spirit and her heart will be the comfort I need when I am in so much pain.

God bless everyone this Christmas and remember we can all learn things from our furry family members and furry friends. smile kissing

Lainna Aiko

God Has Answered- Our Prayers

Purred: Sat Dec 22, '12 6:11pm PST 
[url=http://www.catster.com/cats/1259046][img]http://files.dogster.c om/pix/cats/46/1259046/1259046_1342594057.jpg[/img][/url]

Lainna is accepting ALL friends requests as she would do that if she came across any kitty on the street. She is so loving. Please feel free to friend request her. She's worth it. smile

Hershey

Purred: Sun Dec 23, '12 8:51am PST 
wave Happy Christmas Eve Eve!!

An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the
Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
--Luke 2:9 (NIV)

"We have become so accustomed to the idea of divine love and
of God's coming at Christmas that we no longer feel the shiver
of fear that God's coming should arouse in us. We are
indifferent to the message, taking only the pleasant and
agreeable out of it and forgetting the serious aspect, that the
God of the world draws near to the people of our little earth
and lays claim to us. The coming of God is truly not only glad
tidings, but first of all frightening news for every one who
has a conscience."
... Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Hershey

Purred: Mon Dec 24, '12 8:01pm PST 
"For the Christ-child who comes is the Master of all;
No palace too great, no cottage too small.
The angels who welcome Him sing from the height,
"In the city of David a King in His might."
Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas to-night!

Then let every heart keep its Christmas within,
Christ's pity for sorrow, Christ's hatred of sin,
Christ's care for the weakest, Christ's courage for right,
Christ's dread of the darkness, Christ's love of the light.
Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas to-night!"
... Phillips Brooks (1835-1893)

Merry Christmas, everyfur!

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Tue Dec 25, '12 4:44pm PST 
Rejoice, for this day the holy bread, that is to say, God
has made himself food for men, in order to satisfy, with His
body, all that hunger. Rejoice; for, this day is born the
Redeemer of the world, the Saviour of sinners. Rejoice; for,
this day an immortal God is born, in order that mortal man may
live for ever. Rejoice, for the Lord of the universe lay poor
in a stable, in order that our poverty might be changed into
riches. Rejoice, dearly-beloved, that the predictions of the
prophets and of the saints have been fulfilled. Rejoice, for
the omnipotent Father and the Son, abounding in wisdom and
grace, are given to us, that glory may be to God on high, and
on earth peace, good-will toward men.
... John Huss (1369-1415)

✞- Haro✞(Cher- ished- Forever)

Forever- Loved

Purred: Wed Dec 26, '12 1:56pm PST 
Beautiful, Hershey and Van Winkle! Thank You so very much!

Love and Hugs,
Haro
big hughugbig hug

(Page 10 of 20: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20