The Official Thunderspeaktionary

(Page 1 of 52: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Angel Pie- Joe in- Loving- Memory

HMPH!

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 6:55pm PST 
The Official Thunderspeak Dictionary

Angel Pie Joe Thunderbear
clabberated---this is what happens to dairy products that go "bad"; it involves a glomming-up of curds and whey.

glomming-up-----to gunkify into a small wad or lump. Most often used to describe gooey foods, or other substances.

gunkify----to glom up.

sneef-----(n). 1) --- A term used to designate Opie Thunderbear. 2)----a sneaking, theiving kind of cat or one who is just not nice and tends to libel and slander. 3)(v)----to cause someone to get in trouble with humans. ( "He sneefed me")

Opie Thunderbear
smullify--(v)-----to ruin the reputation of an innocent person or cat. ex:---He plans to smullify me I just know it!

Lucie
You guys are just SO funny! My favorites are still Blamatory and Blabbatory. Are you going to publish a complete dictionary? Giggles. And when are we going to get to see APJ's *real*, cute, grumpy face again?

Wicca
heeheeheehee meowmeowmeow *rolls on the floor laughing* I love this thread, keep them coming Thunderbears. Wicca xxx

Azurine Ambrosia
standing on her head laughing, and rolls over and over and tears are running down her flat little face... mewmemwmwmww so funny Bluie

blamatory---(adj)--to put the blame on another person or cat. ..- .blabbatory--(adj)---to talk talk talk too much, usually about another, sometimes disclosing stuff, most of it not TRUE, to the entire universe, causing harm and sorrow to be HEAPED upon the victim.

Opie Thunderbear
frumious (adj. by Lewis Carroll)---a state of out-of-sorts-ness. . ..- multified (adj)----to be puzzled or flummoxed or out of sorts. ----- flummoxed (adj)----completely baffled and confused. ----- feckless- (adj)---to be utterly helpless.

Opie- T-bear--In- Loving- Memory

Lord Opie the- Elegant

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 6:59pm PST 
Violett, the Battlecat
confutations- (n)------Strange false notions and conclusions, usually causing befuddlement or confusion, and dreamed up so that a cat may get out of any bad fix he may find himself in.

fancy-boy--(n)---(1)----Opie Thunderbear. (2)-----any sensitive and sweet little tom-cat.

Sasha Elizabeth
Don't forget Ding-fod! And Dingfoddishness! May I be an assistant editor? Please? I have notes!!! Sasha Liz, thwarted Cat English Major
(but Mom did her master's thesis on Dickens!)

Maggie
Daddy says I suffer from RollyPollyism...... Does that count????
Purrs, Maggie

*hmph*-----an exclaimation of dismay, disdain, or doubt uttered when a person or cat feels dismayed, disdainful, or doubtful.

ding-fod. (n).-----(1)---Opie Thunderbear. .-(2)---A dunderhead, knothead or stewhead. -(3)----a doofus of the highest order. --(4)----A krauthead or knucklehead (which Mommi says is ok to say because she is half German)..----(5)---A dumbkopf...--------ding-foddish (adj).---- of or pertaining to a ding-fod

Violett, the Battlecat
nincompoopery (n)-----foolish behavior, usually exhibited by a ding-bat or ding-fod. ---Vi ----..nincompoop (n)-----One who engages in nincompoopery; a doofus.

Violett, the Battlecat
grummy (adj)-----when something is dirty, but in a *blecchy* way, often with crumbs, a film, dust, and/or grime. Most generally speaking, there is quite a bit of invisible filth or stickiness present.-----ex: I"I had better clean the keyboard. It is starting to get grummy."

Opie Thunderbear
facsimilarity (n)-----something very closely resembling something else, to which the first something is compared. ex: "I need a tea strainer, or a reasonable facsimilarity thereof."

Violett, the Battlecat
thrang (v)---to toss or throw. ex: "Thrang that book over there". --also, thring. ex: I will thring the clothes into the dryer". --.thrung---the past tense of thring (we think...). -- also can be past future perfect (again we are fuzzy on the grammar rules..), or first future perfect, er....umm) or past tense future maybe.... or perfectly tense! (*whew*! ) . ex: "He shall have thrung it over there". --note to Sasha: please forgive our possibly totally incorrect examples of grammar, and any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!)

Kittyman

The Wanderer

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:02pm PST 
Sasha Elizabeth
Forgive???? That is half the fun!!! Bring on the T-Speak!!! (Mom loves the dictionary definitions complete with parts of speech.) admiringly, Sasha and her Mom

bleeky (adj)----This describes how milk tastes when it is one day away from clabberating. Mommi knows better than to try and serve it to me. We have discovered that milk purchased at the corner market is especially bleekatory. ----- --bleekatory (adj)---prone to becoming bleeky.

Opie Thunderbear
Platitudinous (adj)----prone to uttering trite phrases. ---platitudinatory (adj)-----ESPECIALLY prone to uttering trite phrases.

Violett, the Battlecat
frappery---(n)--frivolous nonsense.

Azurine Ambrosia
lots of giggles Bluie tehee , or snickering... she is being a grimcrac(a snall showy article or thing)

Opie Thunderbear
Bluie, now what is it, the grimcrac? That sounds cute...is it a noun? --O.

blephorism (n)----OK this is hard to define...it is a little stunt or trick done by a cat to further any agenda, which of course means to get what said cat wants no matter what. Or it can be just a mischievous stunt that is generally not constructive. ---ex: Opie puts food morsels in his water to get new, fresh, cold water. Or Violett eats Mommi's memo book. These are blephorisms.

Azurine Ambrosia
grimcrac is a small showy article or thing, BLuie giggle

Sasha Elizabeth
Mom learned this word as gimcrack, but Bluie's is better! You know, Opie, it's like a geegaw (n.) - a flashy bauble or trinket :-> Sasha (who just LOVES this thread!!!)

Wicca
Wow my vocabulary is improving daily. Wicca xxx

Opie Thunderbear
Oh, Sasha then it is like a knick-knack?------O. the T. ----

Violett, In- Loving- Memory

The First True- Battlecat

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:06pm PST 
bumfuzzled (adj)-----(1) puzzled and confused (2) in a real jam

Azurine Ambrosia
farceur or farcer a person who uses words or actions to provoke laugher,,, farcical, deserving laughter,, Bluie

Sasha Elizabeth
Yep, Opie, like a knick-knack, only gaudier. Sasha
(who now isn't going to be able to get that darn song out of her head.... huuummm, paddy-whack, give the dog a bone.......)

Opie Thunderbear
Sasha Liz--"this ole man came rolling home, with a knick-knack-paddy-whack..."---

Violett, the Battlecat
whump (v)---whump up, whump up on. To apply fistipaws to the head and shoulders of a cat by another cat. ex: "When I finally found APJ in Mexico, I whumped up on his head", said Vi.

Violett, the Battlecat
whump (v)---whump up, whump up on. To apply fistipaws to the head and shoulders of a cat by another cat. ex: "When I finally found APJ in Mexico, I whumped up on his head", said Vi.

Lucie
Hey, I like that "fistipaws". . . giggle giggle!

Sasha Elizabeth
STOP, Opie!!!! I just had gotten rid of it!!! (Sasha runs off with her paws over her ears singing lalalalalala)

bumple-y (adj)--- lumpy or covered with bumples.

Opie Thunderbear
Grumbleshoes (n)---APJ's nickname!----...(*keeheehee*)

Opie Thunderbear
snaggled (adj)---to be tangled and all scrambled with knots, and seeming to be un-straighten out-able. Ex: Mommi cannot get her hair to behave as it is all snaggled.

Opie Thunderbear
fazed (adj)---(this is nearly impossible to define, and we may not be able to!) To be mentally weary and slightly shocked by an event or events, often accompanied by tiredness, feeling blue or generally out-of-sorts, or feeling puzzled or mystified or stunned, and prone to speaking in a monotone or simply staring silently into space, almost as if in a trance (see glazed). (2) To be mildly traumatized and posessing three or more of the above simultaneously to qualify as fazed. ex: We cannot think of one. One only understands being fazed after being fazed.

Itty Bitty- Kitty- (Martha- Anne)

I WILL SURVIVE!

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:09pm PST 
Lucie
Hey, do any cats or their humans read the "Dilbert" cartoon? It was full of potential Thunderspeakesque terms today. . . incentiment, robustify, flexitate, leadershipping, underboard. . . and the best one of all, moralify! That sounds like the opposite of smullify to me. . . giggles. . .

Wicca
Hahahahaha my Dad is a big Dilbert fan. My Mum likes the evil Catbert from human resources. Wicca xxx

Violett, the Battlecat
farthermore (exclamatory interjunctle) ---- An utterance uttered when the ranter wants to let the victim or listener know that the ranter is not NEARLY at the end of his rant. ex: Listen buster, I will get you sorted out eventually, and farthermore, it will not be pretty!

Opie Thunderbear
Yes! Lucie. We love Dilbert but haven't read it in a long time. we still LOVE Garfield too! ---Comically, Opie and the Thunderbears

Opie Thunderbear
Oh! Mommi found this one strip called "devil Cat" or something like that and it is funny and really off-beat. Have yall heard of this? She saw it months ago and we're not sure it's still on the internet which is where it was found. –Opiekins

Wicca
Opie........cramcious! ??????????????????????????????? Wicca xxxx

Opie Thunderbear
"Cramcious" means happy and somewhat focculated.---Define-atorily, Opie.

Bonnie
My goodness......today I sent a pawmail to my furmate, Coco, and ended it with "worriedly"......I am pretty sure that is not even a real word......I guess I am speaking Thunderbear these days.....heehee....purrs, Bonnie

Leith
Opie, what in the world is "focculated"? Purrs beauties, Leith--who is trying to understand the Thunderspeak dictionary

3- ThunderBabie- s

Winken, Blinken,- and Nod

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:14pm PST 
Sasha Elizabeth
Lucie!!!! Mom thought the same thing when she read Dilbert today!!! How funny!! And Bonnie, I use worriedly and mom lets me, so I guess it is okay.

Lucie
Giggle giggle. . . of course "worriedly" is a word! Mommie said she used to think she was cleverly silly making up words like "squirmer" for cat and "puffball" for Persian cat and "puff" for the stuff that a puffball sheds (giggle giggle) and "stinkerbox" for litterbox. . . of course she had to spoil that by saying mine isn't a stinkerbox since the poop always seems to miss it--pout pout. But her words aren't nearly as cute as the Thunderbears.'

Bonnie
I think blabbatory is my favorite Thunderspeak word.........it cracks my mom up.........

Sasha Elizabeth
We like ding-foddishness. :-> (as in a behavior exhibited by ding-fods) teehee,
Sasha

Annie
Mom uses the Thunderspeak phrase "ding-foddish nincompoopery" a lot now. That's her favorite. She's saving all the words in an MS Word file and boy, does the auto spellchecker go crazy! HeeHee. Annie

Opie Thunderbear
Leith, focculated is a lot like incantacious! Hope this helps...----Vaguely, Opie Webster

Leith
Opie!!! That didn't help.........now what is incantacious? Purrs beauties, Leith, who is getting more and more confused by the minute

Wicca
MOL this is too funny and also TOTALLY confusing. I'm with Maggie, what does incantacious mean? Wicca xxx

Azurine Ambrosia
to focculate is a method for mixing something up... where is starts or forms a begining of.. flocculate means to cause lumps or fluffy masses.. hehehe both good words…

Opie Thunderbear
Bluie, that's true, unless one is a thunderspeaker, in which case any words that might be "real" have a totally different meaning!----Craftily, Opiekins (who loves Bluiekins) --- Alsoo what does my sweetie want for Valentine's Day as we are getting started early we think....

fumious (adj)-(not to be confused with furious)----Hissed off

China- Thunderbear

Little Tasmanian- Devil

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:17pm PST 
Violett, the Battlecat
*harrumph* (n)----This is actually the equivalent of two *ahem*s.
Mandu Kitty Purred: Mon Jan 8, '07 3:30pm PST
OMGoodness! And they say Texan is a funny language, ROFMOL

Azurine Ambrosia
oh,my Opiekins, you just have the cuteste words ever, and I would love anything my sweetums wants to get me... you are just so sweet and loving, Bluie who loves Opiekins..

Opie Thunderbear
Squiggle (v) (Azurine Ambrosia)---To wiggle and squeeze, simultaneously, into or under something.- Ex: Bluie squiggled under the sofa .

Hantu Kitty
These are some bodacious words!

tumped over (adj .we think. By Sasha Liz This is the same as dumped; to turn over something that shouldn't be turned over, causing content to splat on the ground or floor. ex: The kitty tumped over Mommi's plant.

Sasha Elizabeth
Begging your pardon, Mr. APJ, but tump is a verb :-> Tumped is past tense. (please forgive my mom - she just LOVES this thread) co-editorially, Sasha

Opie Thunderbear
*HMPHH*---But Sasha, doesn't "tumped over" describe an adjective? I mean noun? *ahem*, er... Let's see, yes you are right, a verb, ok but how about THIS: She stepped on the tumped-over plant" --??--hmmm, Mommi says we might be stretching things a bit here....Bumfuzzlaciously but Correctly, Opie the Thunderbear

Opie Thunderbear
Yes, Sasha and we want to keep this thread going until roughly the end of time! So suggest words!

Sasha Elizabeth
ummmmm, let's see. How about abnourmous, as in something huge and all out of shape. "My Daddy's stomach looked abnourmous after Christmas dinner." (Daddy doesn't read these, does he, Mom?)

Opie Thunderbear
Now, I am still concerned over this "tumped-over" thing. And I guess one can say "He tumped it over"--- and that is a verb....hmmm,,,this is as baffling as a fantora, and yall KNOW how puzzling THEY can be......--Verbosely, Opie the T.

Bunny (Baby)- (Baby- Peaches)

I'm so-o-o-o- cute!

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:22pm PST 
And what would YOU know about fantoras, Opie Thunderbear?? Also, "abnormous" is pretty good Sasha---why don't you put it in the dictionary?------Smartly, APJ

Opie Thunderbear Purred: Wed Jan 10, '07 12:05pm PST
gnargling (v)---to grumble and ....hmmmm, lessee here....um---well, to gurgle and grumble with acute hunger.

Azurine Ambrosia
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,, brainitis I would say ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmBluie who loves Opiekins.

Sasha Elizabeth
knabble: v. to take really small bites. As in -- Sam knabbles at her kibble in the morning.
Sasha, honorary Thunderspeaker (runs off to make up more words)

Well doesn't anybody want to know what a fantora is?----APJ....---knabble is a really cute word...

Lucie
I'll bite. What's a fantora, APJ? Squeakishly, Lucie

Azurine Ambrosia
is diskabooboulated a good word?

Sasha Elizabeth
not only a good word - a real word! discombobulated - confused.
Excellent, Bluie!!!!! peering out from under her green eye-shade, Sasha

Samantha Louise
But I do like the way Bluie spelled it much better!

Azurine Ambrosia
thank you Sam , but mom never knew how to spell it.she just knows that is what she is half the time.. Bluie

Opie Thunderbear
Lucie, NOW we're not going to tell! (*heeheehee*)---Mischievously, Opie the Thunderbear

Azurine Ambrosia
was it already a word?

Violett, the Battlecat
LUCIE!!! LOLOLOL"Squeakishly"!!!HEHEEHEEHEEHEE

Joy, Joey, Joe Jr, Barney Joe

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:25pm PST 
Lucie
giggles. . . but I still don't know what "fantora" means. . .

Azurine Ambrosia
ok, now you have dismantled my feelings and I am going to go have a waterfall session of the eyes cause I feel defureated and chindowned.. Bluie who is catitudeless at the momement

Opie Thunderbear
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Bluiekins! You are, well,--you're extraordinarily hilarious!! Here is another one--Mommi accidentally called our rosettes that we send one another"rosetees". *keeheehee* she is a doofus....In Admiration, Opiekins

Azurine Ambrosia
oh ,Opiekins thank you, I feel a little better now... you guys are so good at the words and I am not.. Bluie who loves OpieTbear

faunching at the bit (v?) --- To be barely able to contain oneself waiting with glee and anticipation to do something exciting. ex: He was faunching at the bit to go to the races. (Ro submitted this one. It is a little weird but who are we to talk? - *heehee*)
Opie- Thunderbea Purred: Fri Jan 12, '07 2:12pm PST rosetees (n) ---well, these are rosettes, and APJ started this one....

I am faunching at the bit to get my Fancy Feast!!!-----APJ

Opie Thunderbear
grummet (n) --a widget

Wicca
Heehee we call them grommits (like the dog in Wallace and Grommit)
Wiccat xxxx

Bartholomew
CHEESE, GROMIT! Sasha, is abnormous related to ginormous? (really BIG) ex: That's a ginormous bowl of Fancy Feast ya'll are eating. Bartholomew

Sasha Elizabeth
Yes, Bart!!!! We like both of those!

Floosie
Wondered if you had "poopified" in your dictionary? That would be what happens when we have a social problem after exiting the litter box! (which I myself frequently do!)

Angel Pie- Joe in- Loving- Memory

HMPH!

Purred: Mon Feb 14, '11 7:27pm PST 
Lucie
Squeak-squeak giggle giggle purr purr purr! I know about that one, Floosie! Mommie says our bathroom floor is poopified much of the time. . .

Azurine Ambrosia
yes Floosie, it happens here too Bluie

Opie Thunderbear
queeb (n)-- A little personal quirk or habit. ex: APJ has many queebs, such as running in circles when frightened, and putting kibbles in his water dish to make soup, or knabbling (we love this word SashaLiz!) his food too fast!

Sasha Elizabeth
moosh - v. to squash. As in "I like to sit on Sam and moosh her". It's one of my queebs.
We are SOOOOO glad you are back, T-Bears!!!! Sasha Liz

Opie Thunderbear
wheek. or *wheek*!. (n) the sound one makes when snorking. ex: "wheek" "wheek" or *wheek* *wheek* or *WHEEK* *WHEEK*--- any variation of these.

Itty Bitty Kitty (Martha Anne)
snorking (v)---a harmless attack of wheeking.

Opie Thunderbear
hornswaggle (v)--To finagle something out of another cat using manipulation, silver-tongue-ery, butter-them-upness, or begging with huge round eyes. ex: APJ hornswaggled Mommi out of more Fancy Feast. ---

Opie Thunderbear
FRIPPERY-- --HMM, sASHA lIZ, --DOES IT MEAN FOOLISH SILLINESS? *sorry didnt mean to yell*)

Violett, the Battlecat
and don't forget to add bamboozle....

Sasha Elizabeth
frippery. n. -- pretentious, showy finery, Pretentious elegance; a showy, flashy thing.
bamboozle. v. -- to mystify or confuse, as in "Opie will bamboozle everyone with his frippery" keeheehee!

Violett, the Battlecat
Lucie, we do like "poopified"

Opie Thunderbear
freezle (v) - A type of light misting rain which becomes ice, piles up, chokes every living thing or object or item in its way, causing much fear, misery, despair and and trepidation and dread! Ex: OH no, it is going to freezle tonight!

(Page 1 of 52: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]