Golden Nuggets Shared by Amazing Grace

(Page 61 of 61: Viewing entries 601 to 606)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 3:38pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave
SENIOR LIVING
The importance of praying continually
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
One Sunday in a Midwest city, a little boy was acting up during the morning worship hour at church. The parents did their best to maintain some sense of order in the pew, but were quickly losing the battle. Finally, the father picked the little fellow up and walked sternly down the aisle on his way out. Just before reaching the foyer, the child called loudly to the congregation, “Pray for me! Pray for me!”
At some point in time, every Christian feels just like that little boy. They’re staring in the face of an undesirable outcome and their only hope is to simply say, “Pray for me.” But what if, instead of it being a last resort, prayer was the first place you went? What if being in a persistent state of faithful prayer wasn’t just something you did when times got tough, but was a way of life?
This is exactly the kind of attitude the apostle Paul wrote about in today’s passage. He says that the Christian life isn’t just about praying when times get tough; it’s about praying at all times—good and bad.
The faith that sustains you when things look the worst is the very same faith that sustains you when things are at their best. So pray continually. If things are good, thank God for His blessings in your life. If things are bad, pray that God would show you His purpose. Communication with your Creator is the key to living a life filled with God’s very best!
Prayer Challenge
Ask God to remind you to stay connected with Him through prayer in the good times and bad.
Visit the Senior Living Ministries website
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
big grinwavesnoopydog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Mar 3, '13 9:15am PST 
welcomeand Top of the Mornin' to Ya!wavewavewavewaveLet's visit a favorite of ours....cheercheercheercheer

TODAY GOD IS FIRST
OS HILLMAN
The University of Adversity
March 3

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed" (1 Peter 4:12-13).
I've observed a principle: The pathway to leadership almost always takes us through the valley of adversity. We see this principle not only in the story of Joseph, who endured thirteen years of adversity, but also in the lives of many other leaders in both the Old and New Testament.
Moses was raised in the royal splendor of Pharaoh's household in Egypt, but he was forced to flee and spend 40 years in desert exile before God spoke from a burning bush and called him to lead the Hebrew people out of slavery. Joshua spent the years of his youth as a slave in Egypt and his middle-aged years wandering in the desert at Moses' side. He was well acquainted with adversity when God called him to lead Israel's armies in the conquest of Canaan. The prophet Daniel was thrown into a den of hungry lions before he could reach a place of power and influence in the Babylonian courts. And we see this same pattern played out in the lives of David, Isaiah, Amos, Hosea and other Old Testament leaders.
Turning to the New Testament, we see that even Jesus had to face adversity in the desert, suffering hunger, thirst, temptation and opposition from Satan. Only then could He begin His public ministry. The Lord's disciples had to endure the loss of their Master, the failure of their own faith and character, and the dark days of despair between the cross and the empty tomb before they could become the founding leaders of the Lord's church.
It's hard to find anyone in Christian history who became a great leader without earning an advanced degree at the "University of Adversity."
MAY GOD GUIDE,PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR EACH OF YOU,MAZYbig hugkissingdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Mar 10, '13 8:23am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ANSWERS FOR EACH DAY
BAYLESS CONLEY
Liberty!
Look at Isaiah 30:21,
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
The idea this verse is conveying is that if you get off-course with God, He is going to let you know you are making a wrong decision or a wrong turn.
The Living Bible puts it this way, And if you leave God's paths and go astray, you will hear a voice behind you say, "Not this way. Walk here."
What I have come to realize is that you and I have far greater liberty within the parameters of God's will than I previously thought.
It is important that you stay open and keep things laid out before God. But I have discovered, as I said, that we have far greater liberty than I previously thought. Let me give you an example.
Not long ago, my wife and I were very seriously considering selling our house and moving. Real estate had gone up so much that the equity in our house had more than doubled since we bought it. So we got to thinking that it might be a good time for us to move.
I did not have a word from God about moving. But I just know God well enough to know that I could make a decision like that. If I was getting into an area where we were going to make a mistake, God would let me know!
Some people get so uptight about everything. But as long as you stay open to God, you can make those kinds of decisions, because He will be there to direct you if indeed you are making a mistake.
That is true liberty!
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
big grinbig hugkissingdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Mar 17, '13 1:27pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

ANSWERS FOR EACH DAY
BAYLESS CONLEY
The Power of Proclamation
In our last few devotionals, we have seen we are to pray for the unsaved and live lives that shine the gospel.
But there does come a time to speak up. Look at Romans 10:13-14,
For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
When the time does come to speak up, a lot of Christians are like arctic rivers: frozen at the mouth. But someone must tell the story!
Pray for the unsaved, let your light shine, and when the time comes, tell them the gospel story. Paul said in Romans 1:16, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
Through just a simple proclamation of the message, many people, when they hear it, will believe and be saved. The reason for that is found in Romans 10:17,
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
A proclamation of the message causes faith to arise in people's hearts. Just simply tell them the gospel story: Mankind was separated from God, Jesus paid the price for their sins, He was raised from the dead, and if you put your trust in Him, you can be saved.
As well as opening your mouth to share the Good News, you might consider writing letters to your friends to simply and clearly share the gospel. Incorporate your own story if you feel it would be helpful.
It is easy to share the gospel if you just remember three things: our rebellion, our ransom, and our response. With those three things, you can share the gospel with anyone.
GOD BLESS YOU,MAZY
snoopykissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:12am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewavewave
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED EASTER

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
March 29
Light in light of eternity
We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed…persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed… 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NKJV)
Paul was no Armchair Apostle. He didn’t sit around in some academic tower penning epistles and dispensing doctrine. Here’s how his resume reads:
Five different times the Jews gave me thirty-nine lashes.Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea…I have lived with weariness and pain and sleepless nights. Often I have been hungry and thirsty and have gone without food. Often I have shivered with cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. (2 Corinthians 11:24-27 NLT)
He knew the pain of persecution better than just about anyone else. And when he talks about being hard pressed, crushed, persecuted, and struck down, he’s speaking from a wealth of personal experience. So it’s more than fair to say Paul was an authority on affliction. Now notice how he relates his suffering to the truth of eternity:
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory… (2 Corinthians 4:17 NKJV)
Paul’s afflictions were anything but “light” by our standards. But when compared to the reality of eternity and the glorious destiny that awaits, he says it’s practically nothing. That would be an audacious statement coming from anyone else. But because it comes from an authority on affliction, it’s as true as truth itself.
Here’s what’s so wonderful about all this: The same principle that applied in Paul’s case applies to ours. Even though our afflictions seem light compared to Paul’s, they seem heavy to us. But when compared to the reality of eternity, to the unending state of blessedness that awaits God’s people there, it’s practically nothing.
Our affliction is always light in light of eternity!
“The created world is but a small parenthesis in eternity.” Sir Thomas Browne
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS YOU,MAZYkissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 7:53am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
The Prize
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2 (NIV)
The property tax bill just came. So did the homeowner's insurance renewal—fifty percent higher than last year. Both cars need an oil change—and possibly new brakes. I'd also like to get a big screen TV for watching ministry DVDs (okay, football) and a new grill so I can cook for ministry fellowships (okay, so my wife can cook for me).
Between wants and worries, I have a huge challenge to stay focused on the "prize." For me, it always comes back to surrender—to surrender my wants and be satisfied with what I have, and to surrender my worries by reminding myself that the Holy Spirit doesn't require my involvement to bring problems to a holy resolution.
Worship takes me to that place quicker than anything else. It immediately puts things into an eternal perspective and reduces the anxiety of my worries. It's easy to stay heavenly minded when we worship and thank God for His goodness, His faithfulness, and His provision. However, it's just as easy to stay earthly minded when we are self-absorbed with all that we don't have, and even worse, all that we think we deserve.
In reality, we know what we deserve, but by God's grace and the cross, we get heaven. Set your mind on that!
One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple. (Psalm 27:4 NKJV)
How lovely is Your tabernacle, O LORD of hosts! My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the LORD; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (Psalm 84:1-2 NKJV)
-Pastor Clay Hecocks
Worship Pastor Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale
Think about it…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugbig grin

(Page 61 of 61: Viewing entries 601 to 606)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61