THE FIRST NEW YEAR'S REPORT OF 1010

Angel Pie- Joe in- Loving- Memory

HMPH!

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 5:58am PST 
big grin Joe Thunderbear here, reporter at large and small.
Well, we sorta got our gift zealie page to work about half the time. *hmph* First, one must right click and hold it till all the things on the page are blue. shock thinking THEN, yous have to go to the bottom of the page and place the cursor in exACTly the correct item and click on your gift. Sometimes it doesn't work. We have contacted HQ, but it seems they have been on a month long vacation, no doubt sunning it up in Aruba.naughty In other gnus,We have 5 (five!) homeless friends staying with us, two of 'em part time. They are all in dire circumstances and have all been friends of ours from days past---one of them, a dear friend of Mommi's is dying of liver disease.crycry The friend asked Mommi here awhile back, "Donna, what am I going to do? Where will I go?" Mommi said, "I will take care of you. And we will get Hospice services to come in, too." It is almost more than Mommi can bear. She took care of a friend years ago with the same terminal disease and it never leaves you.....anyway, we must stop writing about this, but Mommi needed to vent to her good friends here.
In more news, we got SNOW! The doggies (one is our friend's homeless doggie) will NOT set foot in the snow to potty. The little boogers hide. At least they have the thoughtfulness to potty on the linoleum and not the carpet.big laughbig laugh
It has been a joyous and meaningful holiday for us all. Our homeless friends go to the charity food banks to get food to help with the five people we have; of course, Mommi and Ro pay our own bills and by our own groceries, some of which we of course share .hug
Now,-----have yous all made new years resolutions? Mommi already messed hers up; it was to lose twenty pounds, although everyone says she is not fat. Once, when Mommi was slender, a doctor asked her, "Are you anorexic?" Hmph, there'd be no danger of that now!big laughbig laugh Yesterday I spied her eating Reese's butter cups and Ferreros Roches!naughty
Anyways, she must now make up a new New Year's resolution---she wants to do her belly dance tapes (she was a belly dancer in her youth),
but it is difficult with folks hanging about all over the house. I guess she could practice them in her room, but it is filled with shoes.shockthinking That's right, shoes. She dug out all the shoes from under the bed (!) and in the closet and she owns roughly 10,000 pairs. She says she is going to get rid of half of 'em. Mm-hmm. Like she was going to get rid of half of her clothing too (she has a closet filled with nothing but her black clothes, and a dresser filled with nothing but her silk clothes). I have seen her donate to charity approximately one clothing article per month.kitty
Well, I will clothes for now. (ar ar ar!big laughbig laugh)
J. Thunderbear, the Monday Tattle-Rag
PS: Opie Thunderbear is a ding-fod. Oh, how we miss him!crylittle angel

Edited by author Mon Jan 4, '10 7:59am PST

REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Purred: Tue Jan 5, '10 3:24am PST 
We think your Mommy is just the best person for helping out her friends like she's doing.smilehugcheer Black clothes, huh? Could this possibly be the "Roy Orbison Syndrome?" He always dressed in black too, but then so did Johnny Cash. Anyways..............How much snow did you guys get? We got some powdery snow last evening and night probably about three inches. And Daddy says you really can't have too many shoes; well, in his case it would be socks. confused Because everyone in the state of Rhode Island and beyond knows that Daddy loves him some new socks...........aww, nothing like breaking open a new pair and slipping them on..............seems he was on a small tangent there for a moment or two didn't it?laugh out loud And we love our new sister, Ashley. She has been up here for 39 days and it seems like she always has. Well, this is Reanan, your Dorothy Kilgallen of the east coast hoping you all are keeping warm and being good to each other. So until next time, remember.............an apple a day may keep the doctor away, but if it's got a worm in it, a bird will probably steal it. smilehugkissing

HMPH!

Purred: Tue Jan 5, '10 3:37am PST 
Unless you eat the apple and get worms! We got 3-5 inches of snow, at least at our house. It may've only been three, but it seemed like more; however, it is surprising how much 3 inches of snow can look like. As for socks, Mommi and Ro buy a new pack EVERY MONTH! That's right---they are forever getting lost or mismatched---Mommi has switched to black socks, but of course she wears so many black clothes and they get strewn around the room and she can't find anything. Now she is missing her black ballet slippers, and she is certainly ticked off, as she just bought them. *hmph*kitty

HMPH!

Purred: Wed Jan 6, '10 3:51am PST 
OH! I forget to send out a joyous and good-natured *HMPH* to all!

APJ Thunderbear (The Great)dancingdancing

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Wed Jan 6, '10 7:19pm PST 
Why do I feel like Auntie is channeling Imdela Marcos on the shoe front? Meowmie gets annoyed when she has to buy shoes. If she had her way, she'd have only 4 pairs at most. She has 6 pairs actually but never wears two of them if she can help it cos they're dress shoes. She prefers wearing her boots. Someday she says, she's going to ditch the dress shoes and buy some black boots just fur dress wear. She also wears socks until they get bit holes in them. So Meowmie must not be normal. Oh wait I knew that. She's still a little miffed every time she looks in the closet cos I tore her favorite Oakland A's shirt on Christmas Day and since it was a big tear and it had some other little holes, she had to throw it out. Come on it was like 10 years old. We think Auntie is furry good fur helping those peoples especially her sick furrend. That's makes her real good people in our book. I wish I could come up with some famous gossip columnist to call myself but the only one I know is Leah Garchek from the Chronicle and no one else would know who that is.

REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Purred: Thu Jan 7, '10 3:33am PST 
Oh, shoot, that doesn't make any difference, Miss Daisy's. Daddy always used to watch the old quiz show on the Game show Network, "What's My Line" and he always thought there was something special about Miss Kilgallen. But then he loves the past so. smile More snow today, maybe three inches and another three tonight and more snow showers into Saturday and it's gonna' drop to near two degrees for a couple of nights. Brrrrrr is not even the word for it. eek Daddy has like four pairs of shoes himself and is also quite proud to state to the entire world and parts of Maine that he does not own a suit and nary a necktie either. snoopy Oh, and he hasn't been to a movie since 1983. dancing We think he just needs a cave and maybe a sign that says: "Hermit."big laughbig laughbig laugh