Books that become movies

(Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Kingsley

Troublemeister- in Training

Purred: Sat Jul 16, '11 4:07pm PST 
And I cannot WAIT to see how you liked it, Emma, my friend!

Your eagerly waiting friend,
Kingsley

Minerva

I am safe and- happy now!

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 2:11pm PST 
I bought The Help at Costco, but I have not read it yet! All my friends RAVE about it and are excited to see the movie!

Has anyone else read it? Forgive me if you already told me! My brain is sort of distracted by the need to use that ugly alarm clock again! I would rather sleep in!

Your friend,
Minerva

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 4:47pm PST 
Oh, everyone at work loved the help and the movie.
We finally saw the last Harry Potter. I thought it was pretty true to the book and we liked it. It was over before you knew it. Just like a good movie should be.

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 4:53pm PST 
We got the book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Mom has started a couple times now and we don't get too far. It is not our normal genre. We will try again due to all the rave reviews. Just have to get into the story a bit I bet.kitty

Kingsley

Troublemeister- in Training

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '11 8:58pm PST 
That is one SCARY book, Emma!!! But worth reading!

Your friend,
Kingsley

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:29am PST 
We really enjoyed the Ladies Number 1 detective agency books. We recently rented the first season on dvd and hohum. Mom was so disappointed it was boring.We watched about 4 episodes and mom was done and sent them back. OH well...shrug

Bigode

Angle baby

Purred: Mon Oct 3, '11 6:34am PST 
Mommy read the three books of Stieg Larsson. The one that mommy loved most was the first one "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". The second one "The Girl Who Played With Fire" was great. The end of the story is at the third novel "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest". The last one mommy didn't like, but she was curious to know the end that she read more than six-hundreds pages (Portuguese version)... Mommy believes that the third book was lacking a good edition job. It could be less prolix. A good edition work on it could save one hundred pages for the reader. She believes that because Larsson died before the third book was publish, the editor became a little condescended on his edition job… It is a good trilogy, but the third book is a little wordy.

Luna

No Nonsense

Purred: Mon Oct 3, '11 6:52pm PST 
Your mommy is brave, Bigode! Frightening books! I liked your comments about the writing in the third book. There are lots and lots of books that I think would benefit from a good editor.

Especially children's books--I do not know how some of them ever got published! Not most, but some. smile

Your friend,
Luna

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 4:49pm PST 
Mommy and I have seen The Princess Bride a few times. You have to see it Kingsley, it is funny! We just saw the first half of Breaking Dawn today (twilight series) and it was pretty good. I know you won't be seeing that one Kingsley heeeheee.
Mom is reading some books on cat nutrition and such now. No movies there.

Hunter

Poop Anarchist

Purred: Sun Jan 1, '12 8:02pm PST 
We read all three of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books and are planning to see the movie this month. . . but my mama is bad about seeing movies.

(Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6