Books that become movies

(Page 2 of 6: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Apr 10, '10 5:53am PST 
I thought his mother was ok. That's it. The movie was luke warm ok. It should have been fantabulous! Us kitties should have written and directed the movie. It would have been Better!

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Wed Jun 9, '10 7:16pm PST 
Ladies number one detective agency is coming out as a movie. We liked the books. I hope they didn't ruin the stories. Ohh dear...

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sun Sep 5, '10 2:20pm PST 
We just saw Eat, Pray, Love. It was ok.In the book, Liz is real witty and funny.In the movie not so much. Richard is just annoying in the movie. The scenery and locations were great. My friend who went with me enjoyed the movie. A client who did not read the book really liked it a lot.
What did you think?

Luna

No Nonsense

Purred: Mon Sep 6, '10 6:19pm PST 
Totally agree about the lack of humor, Emma. We liked Richard from Texas in the movie, but we don't remember that big cryin' scene when he unloads all his baggage. Was that in the book? That was kind of stuck in there with no context.

We didn't hate the movie, but we didn't love it either. Mostly just forgettable.

Your friends,
Luna & Kingsley

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Sep 10, '10 4:05pm PST 
That scene was not in the book ! Mum thinks they put that in there because they needed to make him likable. (But mum didn't like him in the movie.) We both liked the "house" Liz rented in Bali. Omc...
We wonder if Liz is still with Felipe.

Luna

No Nonsense

Purred: Sat Sep 11, '10 8:22am PST 
I think she is. I remember she was on NPR--maybe Talk of the Nation--and a caller asked who she ended up with, Richard or Felipe? She said she and Felipe got married. And just recently I saw something that said that the real Richard from Texas had died--some kind of cancer, I think.

Thank you for confirming that the cryin' scene wasn't in the book. I thought that was totally out of character for Richard from Texas. He had already wrestled with his own demons when Liz met him--that's why he was able to help her so much, I think.

The house in Bali was amazing and I liked the guy who played Felipe.

Your friend,
Luna

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sun Sep 12, '10 7:03am PST 
Oh, a happy ending then applause Mum listens to NPR too!
I think The ladies number 1 detective series is going to be a T.V show on cable not a movie.I had said it was going to be a movie. Each book had several mysteries to solve. It takes place in Africa so the background is interesting. We enjoyed the books.Not much chance of us watching the series unless we see it on hulu. We don't have cable.

Luna

No Nonsense

Purred: Sun Sep 12, '10 4:05pm PST 
No, I'm pretty sure I was wrong--I think that Richard from Texas died from heart problems. I think that was it.

We read the first #1 Ladies's Detective book and really enjoyed it. We have cable but not premium channels. What is hulu? Going to have to look into this!

Your friend,
Luna

Louis

Lookat meeeee

Purred: Mon Sep 13, '10 10:23am PST 
Have read and enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I am 3/4's through The Girl Who Played with Fire which I am also enjoying.Both have been made into films, has anyone seen them, I don't want to go and be disappointed as often happens when books become films.The worst for me was Captain Corelli's Mandolin which although a nice film was nothing like the book at all.

Kingsley

Troublemeister- in Training

Purred: Mon Sep 13, '10 8:34pm PST 
Oh Louis! I could not read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! I got partway through it and got the heebie-jeebies! But I found out what happened from a friend who DID read it! I cheated!

Your unrepentant friend,
Kingsley

(Page 2 of 6: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6