What do you feed your cats?

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rusty

Big Brother &- Protector of my- Siblings

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 11:02pm PST 
I am having a hard time trying to pick a good food for my 9 cats. I am torn because "Lil Kitten" has never eaten anything but raw and some canned. I think that is best for him but some of the others won't eat raw no matter what, and I have tried everything. I can't afford to feed them all canned all the time so I am just wondering what other large cat families are eating. I don't want to sacrifice their health for a few bucks, but I want to have enough food to feed them till I can buy more.
So, what are the larger cat families eating these days???

Bugsy

The Bugster

Purred: Sat Oct 3, '09 5:57pm PST 
there are so many different kind of foods out there. I feed mine a mix of different dry foods and canned food once a day. Try to get a big bag of a medium priced cat food. One that all cats can eat. the big bags are cheaper than a bunch of small bags. My cats eat fancy feast wet food, but 9 lives is cheaper. My cats don't like 9-lives. I get weight management dry food. If you are going to change their food be sure to mix it with the old food until they get used to it. this way they'll get used to it and it won't cause the runs. It's just a matter of preference. kitty

FRANCIS

Purred: Wed Oct 7, '09 4:15pm PST 
For dry foods we us: Purina Cat Chow ( the blue bag and the green bag) , Purina One. Our babies have bowls of dry all the time. They get about 1 tablespoon of wet food twice a day. Wet food: Fancy freast, Purina Friskies, and Merick once in a while. They also get treats at different times. And plenty of water. We have 3 drink wells and several water bowls in different areas.

Smarty Cat

Queen Bee

Purred: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:01pm PST 
I only have two cats, but they love purina cat too... the blue bag. No canned food here... makes the litter box toooooooo stinky!!!red face

Daphne

Dainty Daphne

Purred: Fri Oct 9, '09 7:38pm PST 
I am in a 2 cat household. Meowmy feeds us Nutro Indoor Weight Management dry in the mornings and Nutro/Natural Balance/Authority wet in the evenings. The nutroo comes in 16 lb bags and are usually on sale at Pet Supermarket.

Once we go through that...we still have a whole bag left, meowmy is going to try to get us off the dry food. If that isn't possible due to pickiness or finances at that time, she will be switching us to Natural Balance dry.

Some pet stores have perks like getting a free case of food for every 12 purchased (Pet Supermarket...I think it's 12) and free bag for every 10 purchased at Petco.

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Mon Oct 12, '09 11:31am PST 
We eat EVO dry and Weruva wet, they are the bestest according to us, cause we are picky finicky eaters just like Morris the cat.
eek

Tiny Dancer

Will climb any- mountain

Purred: Tue Oct 20, '09 8:54pm PST 
We twied EVO, but even though mama slowly changed the food, I still got diaweeuh. :'-(Meeooooooooooh nooooooooooooo

So we eat Innova.

Tiny Dancer
psssssssst, I'm new here and mama hasn't posted the other 9 cats yet, 5 are special needs, including me - I have Radial Hypoplasia so I'm very special! little angel

Garfeild

Garfeild- King Of Cats

Purred: Wed Nov 25, '09 3:35pm PST 
I have only two cats but they LOVE Meow Mix!

Chloe

Purred: Sat Nov 28, '09 10:23pm PST 
There are 3 of us (ages 1 to 3+) and we all eat Taste of the Wild dry food and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul wet food. Henry sometimes eats Authority or Nutro wet food instead of Chicken Soup.

We're on a budget so these foods are a good pick for us. We sometimes eat other brands of wet food as a treat (Wellness, Avoderm, Blue Spa, Natural Balance, etc.).

Raincloud

Soft Angel- Huggs...- Raincloud ♥

Purred: Tue Dec 1, '09 7:30am PST 
Mama feeds us dry Iams Original cat food and a natural dry cat food with chicken and veges. We love both. Sometimes Mama gives us beaten egg yolks on 2 big plates. That is a special treat. We drink the aquarium water too. Mama doesn't give us people food or scrapes.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3