* Tessa's Tips* Share Yours!

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Tessa

You may- approach.

Purred: Mon Jan 26, '09 6:35pm PST 
This little thread will be bringing you small offerings of advice, hints, opinions, doggie stories and maybe a chuckle to brighten your day.
IHopeThatYouFindThisThreadUs eful!

Our very first "Tessa's Tips" will address a problem that all of us can relate to: An Accident!
This is a marvelous "recipe" that can be used in place of expensive Nature's Miracle:

2 cups of fresh hydrogen peroxide
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 small drop of liquid dish detergent

Mix gently!! Do not shake.
With a paper towel, blot up excess liquid or pick up solids from the accident area. Thoroughly soak the area and let sit for 24 hours, then blot again. Let dry, then do a "sniff test". A second application may be necessary.

It hasn't been found to harm any fabrics or surfaces, but it would be wise to test it on a small area first.

DO NOT store in an air tight container.

Some people have found this mix to still be effective up to one week of mixing.

EmmaJean

Luvin Life

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 3:40am PST 
Morning Heloise...I mean Tessa.....laugh out loud great tip.......moms writing it down........just in case...you never know when we could need it.....

Abby NPC ~- CGC, TDI

Ban Breed- Specific- Legislation

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 6:20am PST 
I'll have to try that! One question....how are you supposed to store it?

Tessa

You may- approach.

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 8:17am PST 
Dear Abby,
Use, preferably (IMHO), a rinsed out detergent bottle and just put the cap on loosely, just so no pressure build's up and store only for a few days, where it won't get knocked over.

Abby NPC ~- CGC, TDI

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 8:51am PST 
So just in the cupboard or something, not in the refridgerator or anything, right?

Tessa

You may- approach.

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 9:08am PST 
Dear Abby,
Yes, a room temperature shelf or one that doesn't allow the liquid to freeze should be fine. If it is stored in a cold area, allow it to come to room temperature before using. Even though it is said to last a week, I would make a fresh batch after a couple of days to be sure that it would be effective. Please let me know if it works well for you after storing it for more than two days.

Shelby

Ready to go!

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 9:27am PST 
You just wrote, "Dear Abby"big laughbig laughbig laugh

♥- Tucker- ♥

GSPs Rock!

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 9:27am PST 
Tessa - This is one great recipe and also has a secondary use that I've used for years. In a paste form it completely removes skunk sprays from my pups and it works amazingly well! Although I decrease the peroxide a bit due to the GSPs brown heads smile

This past summer, the pups were sprayed four separate times - just a small application on the effected area and .... Ta Da - they smell like their beautiful selves again!

Great post!! blue dogblue dog

Abby NPC ~- CGC, TDI

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 9:44am PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud I didn't notice that Shelby!big laughbig laughbig laugh

Tessa

You may- approach.

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 10:35am PST 
That's great, Tucker! I will soon be posting a de-skunking recipe. Would you pawmail me yours, so that I can post both?

big laughI wondered why "Dear Abby" sounded familiar!!!big laugh

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]