Silver Spring

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 95)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 2:49am PST 
Pippen sits down on the deck and leans against the mast. Walter crawls in to his lap and puts his paws over his eyes to keep from crying. Soon Mortmain and Bowker are also huddled with the old cat. Daisy Too bravely takes the wheel and turns them to a small island where they will wait. Itty Bitty looks through her spy glass from the crows nest, hoping for a last glimpse of the long boat but sees nothing. It is not long before they land on a small green isle. "This land is held out of time and contains a portal that will take us to the other side if the task is completed. Seeing the look in the others eyes, he quickly adds "And I'm sure it will be." Meanwhile Daisy Mae is feeling less then brave as the boat enters a fire ringed cave mouth. Nobody carefully rows thru the opening, his tail twitching nervously. Reanan steps back as a sudden flit of flame darts near her whiskers. "Good thing I packed a furst aid kit." Daisy Mae looks ahead into the dark that looms before them. "I would have though that the river of fire would have been brighter." Comments Nobody. "That's the difficulty of legends, they don't always prepare you." Daisy Mae nods queitly looking hard at something in the gloom. "Hold steady to those oars. I think we are about to find out what can live in this river."

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 2:50am PST 
The gloom seems to form a shape as the trio looks on. "It looks like a snake, I mean a bird, I mean I don't know what I mean." Nobody normally calm in the face of mysterious creatures babbles nervously. Daisy Mae looks calmly at the long slender beast who is hovering on wings above what appears to be a nest situated on the shore of the river. "She's only protecting her nest." Reanan backs into the side of the boat opposite the beast. "Are mew sure Miss Daisys, cos she really doesn't look happy to we're here." Daisy wondering herself about this sudden calm pats her furrend's shoulder. "We just need to be calm and we'll be fine." Slowly they row past the beast and soon it's behind them. Reanan wipes her forehead. "If that's the kinda thingies that live here, I should have stayed with the others." Nobody back in control of himself grins at the little black cat. "Oh like you'd have wanted to miss all the fun?" Meanwhile on the island the others found shelter in the form of a small fishing shack. "Look at all this stuff, it's like it was waiting for us." Says Itty. "It probably was." Replies Pippen absently looking over a log book that is lying on the table. "Look my furrends, we are to be able to track their progress." He points to an entry that is appearing in the book as he speaks. The others rush to look. Mortmain scurrying up the table falls forward and lands on the page. "Ouch it's hot. It's like it's being written with fire." He rubs his nose. Bowker giggles. "Well they are on the river of fire." Pippen ignoring all this is reading the passage. "They've passed a fire serpent nest. If only all the creatures they will see would be so easy to pass." Daisy Mae rummages in her pouch and pulls out a spyglass. She looks down the passage ahead and then loops a strap on the spyglass over her head and leaves it to hang there. "Mew got that thinking hard look Miss Daisys. What's on mewr noggin." Reanan inquires. "I use to feel like I knew what we were heading fur. The friends in the story. But we've been on this journey so long now." "And mew wish mew could just open up a book and find where it says what we're suppose to do or are heading fur?" "Something like that." Reanan hugs her furrend. "Don't worry Miss Daisys. As long as we have one bread crumb, there's a trail right?" Daisy Mae giggles at her furrend's attempted wit. "Mewr right." Just then something whooshed over head. Daisy Mae jumps up and grabs her spy glass. "What is that?"

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 2:52am PST 
Reanan watches as "something" streaks over their boat and settles atop the rocks in the distance. "What was.........did anyone get a good look at it?" Asks, Nobody blinking. "No, mew didn't see much of anything." Replies Reanan, shaking her head. "Mew will take a look." Says Daisy Mae, bringing her spyglass to bear. "What is it?" The others ask, almost in unison. I don't know. I can see something, but it's like it's not there; almost like the rocks themselves are moving, ever so slightly." Back in the fishing shack, Pippen studies the book and becomes silent. "What is it?" Asks Daisy Too. "Another passage is appearing, but the writing is translucent, flowing; almost as if....." "Almost as if what?" "Almost as if it were being written with an energy all it's own." "What does that mean?" Asks Mortmain, scratching his head. "The writing is familiar..........almost...........almost like trying to remember a long forgotten dream." Pippen stares at the writing on the page as it ebbs and flows. "What does it say?" "It says nothing. It is nothing more than fanciful gibberish. But I think that isn't the point of it at all. It's the feeling that goes along with it. It is so distant, yet so familiar." "And what are the feelings?" "Love........love eternal.........and betrayed." He stares at the pages of the book, shifting it in his paws, as if the words would run from the page if he did not balance them, ever so carefully. Suddenly he closes the book, slowly and stares, seemingly inside himself. "No........." He whispers ever so softly, as if the words themselves wounded his very soul. "It cannot be..........Lissa." Back in the boat, Daisy Mae continues to stare through her spyglass at the rocks atop the cliff. "What's it doing?" Asks Reanan with some trepidation. "Mew doesn't know for sure. The rocks are just shimmering like the dessert in the midday heat." Suddenly, she swings the glass in the air and becomes silent. "What?" Asks Nobody, gripping the oars tightly. "Whatever it is, it just left the rocks............it's riding the wind currents like a bird would." "A giant bird?" Whispers Reanan, licking her lips. "No. It is.........of course!! That's why I can't see it clearly. It mimics whatever it comes in contact with. It's almost like it's transparent, like a chameleon can hide. The air shimmers with it's presence. It hides in the currents of the wind."

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Wed Sep 30, '09 2:52am PST 
Nobody thinks hard. "You know there is something familiar about this. It was the night of the test with the nightmares. I came out of the test briefly to hear Pippen speaking. He had been speaking to the siren Ligeia but then it became someone else. He called her Lissa." "Mew know," Reanan looks carefully into the dark. "Pippen gives a new meaning to heartbreaker." Daisy Mae glares at her and looks in her bag. She pulls out a small eye crystal and afixes it to her eye. "This is should help." Looking hard, she pinpoints the creature. Something comes to her mind. An old John Lennon song, the words seem to float across her vision. "In my life, I've loved them all." "Do mew see it Miss Daisys? Why are mew humming?" Daisy shakes her head like she was in a trance. "Yes I can see it. More accurately her." A voice answered Daisy's revelation. "You speak true." The form appears in front of their boat in an instant. A young cat clothed in a blue cloak. "You wear the Cat's Eye. Only Pippen could have given that to you." Her voice quivers as she speaks the old cat's name. The quiver seem to act as a trigger. Images raced across Daisy Mae's mind in a flash. She saw the young Pippen his paw stretched towards Lissa as she was carried away from him, his face etched with a mixture of sorrow and rage. She heard the mournful cry as Lissa called back to her love. She saw the shadows hiding the wretched cat who had cast the dice that would tear them apart. "You were betrayed, but not by Pippen. By someone you both trusted." The other two looked at Daisy. "Um Miss Daisy, that eye thingie is glowing." Reanan says. "The eye reveals the heart of emotions." Daisy Mae starts surprised at herself. "You speak true. You saw my deepest pain." Lissa seems to flicker. "He is reading this, he knows you have found me." Nobody scratches his ear. "You mean Pippen? How can he be reading this?" He stops confused a second. "What do you mean reading?" "There is a book in the cabin where your furrends wait. It lets them know what is happening. I can feel his pain thru the magic that creates the bond to the book." "Mew know it seems more and more that Pippen is at the heart of all this." Daisy Mae raises an eye brow as Reanan's words sink in. "Lissa? Are you the cat in the cocoon?" The form flickers again and a look of surprise crosses Lissa's face. "I am." Her voice resonates with sorrow. "I long to be free and let those that lived trapped with me go." Reanan wishing she could give Lissa a hug, asks, "Why don't you tell us your story."

Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Purred: Thu Nov 5, '09 12:03am PST 
Lissa's gray-green eyes stare at Reanan and then the others for a moment, a moment that seems to them an eternity. And then suddenly she seems to look inside herself as her eyes turn inward in memory. "It was long ago; around the time of the new age. We were happy, all of us, Pippen and I and the people of the village. We were so very young then......and there was time...........there was all the time we would ever need. And then came the day, the day of the enlightenment. The world then was still shrouded in antiquity and mystery. Pippen, even then was a powerful wizard with powers that perhaps even he did not realize he possessed. But he used them sparingly and only for good, at least then. It was an early Spring day of that fateful year and the inhabitants of the village were going about
there daily routines and taking things in stride as they always tried to do. Mundane lives some would say, but pleasant and happy. The sky was a deep azure blue and filled with white puffy clouds. The oak trees were black and wet with the morning rain. Suddenly a cool wind began to blow, and then increased in strength and duration; it came
from the North, I think. One of the villagers was out for a morning walk when he suddenly stopped and looked up past the trees to the blue sky. There was something.........something that began to stir within his mind. Ideas, knowledge began to somehow fill his mind. He didn't fully understand what was happening to him, but he had to share this with the others. He ran..........ran with the joy and happiness of someone whose fondest love has just been returned in full. He crested the top of the hill and looked down at his village. "It's here!" He yelled "A new age is dawning."" She drifts into silence as the others stare at her, almost able to see her memories. Meanwhile, back with the others, Pippen also seems to be reliving a distant memory...........or perhaps a never ending nightmare. He trembles ever so slightly as tears from so long ago once more well up in his tired eyes. "Yes." He says to no one in particular. Lissa looks past the group as she continues her story that most would only recall as myth. "Everyone crowded around this man........whose name has been lost to time and tried to understand these strange feelings and ideas that were forming all around them. I sought my beloved Pippen out to explain this wondrous event to me, but even as I was embracing him, I felt my own destiny turning. For I, you see had acquired more than most of the village; I had attained something that I thought only Pippen possessed." "You became a wizard as well." Said Daisy Mae as she looked at the small cat. "Yes, but Pippen told me that I had always had the power, but now it had been released within me. I was so very happy, now we could be together forever, truly as one." "But......?" Interjects, Reanan. "There was another such as I. Another creature who would cast the dice that would tell the future of a millennium." Pippen stares past the others, lost to the ages. A single word escapes his lips as the tears threaten to choke him into
silence. "Cospar."

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 95)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10