The MEANINGFUL MEOUW.....

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 6:43am PST 
I think we have many pussiecats woho are interested in this......

Please join the group....you will be very welcome.........

Whisper

Master of the- Silent Meow

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 9:33am PST 
Oh, yes, this is my specialty! There are many meaningful meows. The lamenting meow, the demanding meow, the repeated meow (this is where nothing will satisfy me and I just keep eye contact and meow), and my favorite, the long winded ventrilocat meow. I've been particularly meowy this morning. I've had mom running trying to please me while I watch with kitty-amusement...and of course, meow at her!

rhymon- pearle- hedges-come- home

i demand a- shrubbery!!!

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 10:52am PST 
i can be very persistent...and apparently sound quite pathetic, because foster mommy says, "oh, poor baby" while i meow...sigh...but doesn't pick me up, doesn't give me more food, doesn't stop walking in & out of the room, doesn't give me what she's eating...doesn't do what i WANT...plus she laughs and says i sound like an infant bird of prey...they call me "birdat"!shock
what am i doing wrong?

Titch

Great things- come in small- packages.

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 11:45am PST 
I'd like to learn "The Silent Meow". my Great Uncle Beardsley used to be able to do this, but no matter how hard I try, sound always comes out!
Anycat got any tips?

Whisper

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 12:14pm PST 
Hi Titch! Ahhhhh, the Silent Meow. This is my absolute best. My mom just doles out the cuddles when I do this...I do it all the time. Sometimes I will sit on her lap, with my head away from her and all she will see is my whiskers go up and down. I will meow silently every time she says sometime to me in a very soft voice or whisper. All you have to do, is just open your mouth, don't even try to make a sound. Now you try it. Just open and shut, no sound!

Titch

Great things- come in small- packages.

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 12:29pm PST 
Thanks Whisper, that's where I'm going wrong, I'm trying to make a very small noise, I should try to make no noise at all!
This is going to take practise I think!

Colin

I am DEFINITELY- the big cheese- now......

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 12:41pm PST 
Oh Gawd.....Grandad Conrad's roped me into this......

Alright everyone......stand up....all in a line.....now MEOW....let me hear everyone.......alright...that wasn't good but it wasn't bad.....let's do it again......MEOW......OK

Now.........open your mouth....(stand in line there...no messing about).....and MAKE WITH THE MOVEMENT!! Not bad......keep doing it....I will be back later to see how you are doing......

(hope we get a proper, qualified lecturer soon)

Colin

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 2:44pm PST 
I try to silent meow, but mom always thinks I'm yawning, so I gave up on it. How can I make it clear I am meowing and not yawning. Does it have to do with how much I open my mouth?

Whisper

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 3:29pm PST 
Hi, Boris, yes there is a trick to it. It is a very quick movement, just a quick open and close. You don't open your mouth very wide, not like a meow-meow, just a quick snap. Ask your mom to show you. Have her kind of do this, have her say "mep." Then have her say it with no sound. That's how you need to be silent meowing. Once you get the hang of it, it is very fun, and gets lots of attention. For some reason, the humans are just enchanted by it!

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 4:27pm PST 
In my house, a "silent meow" just doesn't cut it--maybe you all don't have three dogs and a human kitten to contend with. I can silent meow until the cows come home--if we had any, that is--and no one would hear me. Lordy. I might even starve...

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4