What kind of disability do you have???

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Moki

I will- survive!!!

Purred: Mon Jul 7, '08 3:22pm PST 
I thought that it might be kind of fun if we started a thread listing all the different disabilities in the group. That way if you have a similar disability to someone else, you might be able to share with them what has worked for you, or get advice/opinions on what has worked for them. I'll start...

-Moki has a undiagnosed neurological disorder. (We are working with a neurologist at UC Davis to figure out what is going on...)

-The neurological disorder interfers with his ability to walk which has resulted in muscle and bone damage to all four of his legs. (We see a physical therapist for this...)

Bo - Blessed- Angel

Life is Good!

Purred: Thu Jul 10, '08 12:16pm PST 
My sister Seven and I both have Feline Leukemia. Our mom keeps us on interferon and takes extra good care of us. We're doing great!

Our brother Shamrock is deaf. (We're not sure what that means, but nothing scares him! Not even that awful, loud vacuum cleaner!)kitty

Moki

I will- survive!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 10, '08 10:30pm PST 
Thanks for sharing Bo. I love getting to know other owners of disabled cats. There is so much information available on disabled dogs, but it seems that there are far fewer disabled cats kept alive, I therefore really enjoy reading about the stories of those who made it. I think sharing our stories is also a nice way of showing the rest of society that just because a cat is disabled, it doesn't mean they won't make for the greatest of pets. Moki is our pride and joy and we couldn't love him more if we tried.

Chessy

Bonzai Kitty

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '08 10:30pm PST 
I'm considered "disabled"...I was born with one eye....but it doesn't hold me back. Mom just needs to watch over me....make sure I don't hurt myself because my depth perception isn't perfect....and they groom the "goop" that comes out of my eye. Everything is there except the eyeball itself...so it still produces tears. When I'm excited or playing really hard with my big brother...it gets really goopy.

After reading some of the other problems here, I feel I may not belong here. My problem really isn't a problem....for now, anyway. As long as no one sneaks up on me from my right side I'm too tough to let it bother me. way to go

Ludo (Angel)

i'll always be- mummy's special- boy.

Purred: Thu Aug 21, '08 10:01am PST 
I have spinal spondylosis...which means my spine is fusing together and it effects my back legs and makes me look a little drunk...it effects my bladder too..the vet says theres nothing that can be done and its quite rare in cats (i just like to be different!) i have a monthly steroid jab and some pills for my 'wee problem' red face
it doesn't stop me from chasing my sisters though...i just make them run a little slower!!!

Shamrock

White is- Beautiful!

Purred: Sat Sep 13, '08 9:47pm PST 
Shamrock is completely deaf. Our newest family member is Darcy, who is FeLV+, like our older kitties, Bo & Seven.

Snipe

Purred: Wed Nov 12, '08 2:12pm PST 
I had conjuctivitis and lost the use of my left eye. I'm also the runt of my litter. My mom and dad are brother and sister, so sometimes I tend to be a little bit different in the head. My family loves me still, though.

hehehe

Buggy - 1994-2012

I get it from my- Momma !

Purred: Tue Jan 6, '09 2:53pm PST 
Blind, I recently had a stroke so I fall alot and cant hold up my head, The Vet says I have dizzy kitty syndrome

Wes

Yes I can!

Purred: Fri Jan 9, '09 5:51pm PST 
I am missing my left rear leg. It had to be removed when I was a kitten because a raccoon thought I was lunch! I get around very well---I can even run up the stairs. I can't jump, but I use my front paws and claws to climb. I use my tail for balance. And my humans take good care of me!

Christopher

Who You Callin'- Blind?

Purred: Sat Jan 10, '09 8:58am PST 
My name is Christopher and I was born blind.
I was found abandoned outside my mom's old job with a handful of catfood on a bag when I was around three months old.

Purrrrs,
Christoper

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2