A tale of devotion

Wally♥Forever Loved

Sophie\\\'s- Forever Love

Purred: Wed May 21, '08 9:05am PST 
Hi everyone,
I was looking at Simba's page and read again the wonderful tale of devotion Simba's mom wrote to
Simba when she was 18.
"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Say the word and I will follow you
Share each day with me,
Each night, each morning
Anywhere you go, let me go too"

- Andrew Lloyd Webber, The Phantom of the Opera

From the first day we met, Simba, the only thing you asked of me was love. And I of you.
We have, indeed, shared one love, one lifetime. But you are soon to go to the one place where
I can't follow you. We have taken care of each other, each when the other was ill. You've always been beside me,
growling at others to keep them away, or acting silly to make me smile. With you, I rarely have an empty lap. I'm never
lonely, and I can't stay sad with you near me. Soon you will leave, and I want you to know just how very much I love you.

I can't imagine my life without you. For the past 18 years, you have waited for me patiently to come home from school:
first from grade school, then junior high, high school, college, and graduate school. It breaks my heart that one day soon
you won't meet me by the door when I come home. That you won't plop down on the papers I'm to grade or the texts I'm to read.
That you won't walk into a room and peer up at me with that look of pure unadulterated love that always precedes your leap to my lap.
That you won't remind me when it's time for bed, or that it's been a whole hour since you've gotten a snack. That you won't see another
kitty near me and growl. That my next sore throat may be without you draped across my neck. That the kitchen, the bedroom, the couch will become empty places.

While I know, somehow, that you will be near, I know that I'll never hear your purr again. Or smell the sweet smell of your coat.
I won't feel your gentle touch against my face at night, or feel the strange wet spot you leave on my chest as you drool
. And I'll be wishing that you were here with me every minute of the day. Simple things will remind me of you. Like picking up a book, walking into the kitchen, opening the microwave, looking at your sister. And while I'll miss you terribly, I'm so glad that I'll have the little things to remind me of you. That I will be able to keep you close to my heart. And that I'll have your fur in a locket around my neck, your ashes in a gem on my finger, and the rest on the mantle with your picture for all to admire; I know how much you'll like that.

I'm not sure how I'll say goodbye to you, but I know you'll help me when the time comes.
You've always been just a little bit better at taking care of me than I have of you. One love. One lifetime. It isn't enough. I'll never stop loving you, baby girl. You're my one and only.

How beautiful a mom's love is. cry
I miss my mom. I think that is the only thing that is missing here in our 10th life.
Until we meet again.
Love always
Wally

little angel

Tabby- (6/1/04 - 3/12/07)

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Wed May 21, '08 2:54pm PST 
Wow! cry That was beautiful!

Lacey (In- Loving- Memory)

See you later.

Purred: Wed May 21, '08 7:56pm PST 
That was beautiful.....crycry

Poppet - DB #37d - deeply mis

beautif ul boy

Purred: Thu May 22, '08 6:42am PST 
That was just so beautiful, my meowmy can't stop crying now. I suspect it made her think of me too.
We are all with you Simba and your lovely meowmy.

Hershey

Hide first; ask- questions later.

Purred: Thu May 22, '08 10:30am PST 
crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry

Ming Ming- (always an- angel)

Lets Play

Purred: Fri May 23, '08 4:11pm PST 
Wally could you please repost that on the Tribute To Simba group so Kitty's that aren't here at the bridge can read it as well.

thank you so much, and I miss my mom too cry

Wally♥Forever Loved

Sophie\\\'s- Forever Love

Purred: Sat May 24, '08 6:44am PST 
Good idea,Ming Ming it is now posted in the other group
little angellittle angel

Edited by author Sat May 24, '08 6:44am PST