I'm new! Am I a NFC?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gibson

Mr. Big

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '08 9:15pm PST 
Hi everybody,
My family adopted me from the SPCA 1 month ago. I am an older cat who has obviously lived with people all my life until I was seperated from them and went into the shelter as a stray.
Can you please look at my profile and tell me if you think I'm a NFC?
I'm Manx and my mom thought maybe I was Maine Coon but I seem to fit the look of the NFC...
A bit about me: I am 15 pounds but am not fat, I have very long thick soft fur, an impressive ruff, a 2" manx tail, I follow my people around all day and I am a good jumper. I am very loving and quiet but have a bit of a high squeaky meow on the rare occasion that I do. I have huge paws and a broad chest.
Thanks for any input smile

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Tue Feb 12, '08 3:45pm PST 
Hi Gibson! You sure have a face like me and we've never seen that face on any cat but a NFC. Do you like to climb trees and come down head first? How about water? You okay with it? I've got a funny meou, too, and I mostly don't use it unless it's really important. I'm not big yet, just 10 pounds, but I'm told I'll keep growing. I'm no expert, but my friend Nurven is from Norway and he and his bro Solan told me I look just like Nurven when he was young. www.catster.com/cats/462603. Check out Solan while you're there because he's got some really rocking snow pics! I'm a rescue cat, too, but I think you look NFC to me! Welcome! Petie

Rowena

I'm too- cyuuuuuuuute!

Purred: Thu Feb 14, '08 1:09pm PST 
If you climb down trees head first and lose your ruff with most of your undercoat in the summer, you're NFC! Like Pete said, most of us don't mind getting wet either - as long as it's our choice. I like to surprise Human Mom by jumping in the shower with her once in a while, but that doesn't mean I like getting a bath!

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Fri Feb 15, '08 1:49pm PST 
Jumping in the shower is so fun!! Though I have to be careful to wait until mom is looking, she almost stepped on me once!

Princess- Cilantro

Valentine’s- Day Baby, Spice- Cat

Purred: Sun Feb 24, '08 2:22pm PST 
Tarragon, my brother who is a LaPerm NOT a NFC jumped into the shower once with Mom and it was quite the experience. laugh out loud He's a shoulder hugger and he jumped up on Mom's shoulder, which she just finished soaping, and got blasted by the showerhead. big grin There was so much wailing (Tarragon) and screaming (Mom) I ran for cover. shh Next thing I knew Tarragon was flying out the bathroom door - looking like a drown rat, I mean cat smile and Mom running after him with blood running down her body threatening to do him bodily harm! cloud 9 Unfortunately, he hid and Mom got over it so I'm stuck with Tarragon as my brother! cry

Anyone interested in adopting him??? wink

But, something good did come out of it. Since we both love water and swimming Mom got us our own little swimming pool so we can take a dip and cool down after our walks.

Princess Cilantro cheer:

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sun Feb 24, '08 8:58pm PST 
Princess Cilantro, You like swimming? I haven't tried swimming, but we don't have a pool and mom doesn't take baths anymore. Mom told me that a long time ago my sister, Prouncine, used to sit on mom's legs while she was in the bathtub! Her tail will fall in the water and Prouncine didn't notice. Mom would try not to giggle. I guess Prouncine was not the brightest bulb, but she sure loved mom. She was a long haired black smoke and prounced instead of running!! Swimming sounds fun... do you think the bird bath would be a good place to start?

Nurven~ in- loving- memory

Skogis over alle- skogiser!

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '08 3:52pm PST 
Hei Gibson! You look like a wegie, your eyes are Purrfect Norsk Skogkatt. And your face too, triangleformed. Some years ago when I was still earthbound and growing, mom asked an old lady, Ms. Jervan, the very first NFO- breeder in Norway, how the wegies are look like; mom was eager to see me as a fullgrown cat in no time...
the lady replied; you have to see your wegie as any other teenager; they come in every size and in every shape. They are not full grown till their'e at last 5 years old. One of the reasons that we are so slow growers are the fact that we're great survivors. We are buildt to live in extreme surroundings.

Princess- Cilantro

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '08 5:31am PST 
Hi Pete, cloud 9

Both Tarragon and I love to swim! Mom takes us to the park and we always try to jump into the river for a little dip, but she won't let us! cry

She does take us to the beach when it's summer and lets us play in the water there. way to go

Purrs, Hugs, and Kisses,

Princess Cilantro cheercheercheercheercheer

Princess- Cilantro

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '08 6:02am PST 
Hey Til minne om- Nurven,

I'm in this group too! cheer It's so nice to see your here. Hope you're having a great day or is it night for you???thinking

Well, it's time for me to get back to work "I'm the Meet and Greet Kitty" at Mommy's clinic again today!

Purrs,

Princess Cilantro cheercheercheercheercheer

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '08 11:25am PST 
Hi Princess Cilantro,
I was a Meet And Greet Kitty at my vet clinic for 3 weeks while I was recovering from my surgery and before mom came and took me home forever! It's fun! Lots of interesting things to do and see! I'll bet you're really good at it! Glad mom's working again!! Cool! Purrs & love, Petie

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2