REMEMBER THIS

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
DANCIN' - GIRL

I BE DA- TIGER!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 7:59am PST 
UNFORTUNATELY THIS DISCUSSION AREA, CAUSED A LOT OF HARD FEELINGS IN THE GROUP. WE DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. I POSTED THIS ON THE MAIN PAGE ALSO. I BELIEVE THAT THE PROBLEMS CREATED HERE, MANAGED TO PUT A LOT OF PEOPLE OFF FROM WANTING TO JOIN IN.
YES, OUR MEN AND WOMEN ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH. BUT, WE ARE NOT HERE TO BLATANTLY HURT OR DISHONOR ANYONE. POLITCAL DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT WHAT THIS PAGE IS ABOUT. WE WANT AN UPBEAT PAGE AND UPBEAT NEWS. IF WE WANT BAD NEWS, WE CAN PICK UP ANY PAPER AND GET THAT!
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS GROUP IS TO ...HONOR...OUR....TROOPS.
OUR GOAL IS TO DO JUST THAT. OUR NAME SAYS IT. OUR INTENTIONS ARE THAT.
WE ASK THAT THIS IS ALL KEPT IN THE MODE OF WHICH IT WAS INVENTED. WE WANT PEOPLE TO LET US KNOW ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES SERVING SO WE CAN HONOR THEM.
WE WOULD LIKE A PICTURE OF YOU WITH A FLAG...OR SOMETHING TO HONOR OUR TROOPS.
UNFORTUNATELY THERE WAS QUITE A BIT OF AN UPROAR AWHILE BACK AND IT UPSET A LOT OF US. IF I HAD CAUGHT IT RIGHT AWAY, I WOULD HAVE DELETED THE WHOLE THING. WE ARE NOT HERE TO HURT OR DISHONOR ANYONE. REMEMBER THAT.
WE WILL KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THIS AND ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT KEEP WITH OUR GOAL.....TO HONOR OUR TROOPS.
THANKS FOR READING THIS. IT IS INTENDED ONLY TO KEEP OUR GROUP AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Tabitha

I'm the smart- twin!!!!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 9:00pm PST 
applause Thank you Dancer! With that being said. May I be the first (includes my family, all SEVEN of US!!) to list some of our family in uniform.

Our Daddys side of the family:
Daddy served in both the Air Force and Navy. He has served in both Naval Intel and onboad the USS DAVID R RAY (back in the 1980's)

His Nephew is a Maryland State Trooper. (not Military, but still uniformed Service)

Logan will start Mommy's side of the family...

Logan- (1996-2009)

Because I'm the- Capt. That's- why!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 9:06pm PST 
Thank you, Tabitha.

Mommy served as a civilian with Navy personel for three years in the 1980's. Not in uniform, but she met Daddy and served our country.

Mommy's Daddy was in the Army and was once stationed at Ft Meade, Maryland in the 1960's.

Her Nephew is currently in the Air Force. He is stationed at Hurlbut Field in Florida. He will begin a four month deployment at Balad Air Base later this year. (Iraq)

Zoe will continue...

Edited by author Wed Mar 28, '07 9:07pm PST

Zoe- (1997-2013)

The Queen of- Binge and Purge!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 9:10pm PST 
Thank you, Logan.

All of Mom's uncles ( on her dad's side) served in unform for at least a couple of years. Three in the Army and One in the Air Force. We don't know what they did.

Samantha will continue...

Edited by author Wed Mar 28, '07 9:17pm PST

Samantha

No Sir! We can't- call it the- Enterprise!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 9:15pm PST 
Thank you, Zoe.

Our Grandmother (Our Mom's Mother's side) had Uncles who fought in the Pacific in WWII. One we know for sure was in the Navy and fought on board a ship. Mom would like to one day get time to do research on the details.

Fiona will do the finish...

Edited by author Wed Mar 28, '07 9:19pm PST

Fiona

I 'm a Diva!!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '07 9:25pm PST 
Thanks, Samantha!!

Mom's cousin did some family tracing and learned of some ancestral soldiers. (Mom's Dad's Mother's side of the family) We know of least one who was a Capt. in the Revolutionary Army!!! We know of at least another one who fought in WWI.

Too bad we ran out of military family before we got to our bridge sisters Sabrina and Chiquita. They'll speak another day!!

We are all proud of all our family's service!!! applause

Portia

Portia Burrito

Purred: Fri Apr 6, '07 3:52pm PST 
My family can trace our military service back to the Civil War. Mommy's great-great-whatever-grandfather fought for the Union. We also have a Spanish-American War vet in the family tree. Mommy's great-grandfather fought in WWI, her grandfather served in the Navy in WWII and Korea, her great-uncle was an Army-Air Force POW in Germany for most of WWII, her uncle was a Marine in Vietnam, and both her parents served in the Air Force. They even first met in the recruiter's office! Mommy and Auntie were Air Force brats. Daddy is a Navy vet, and I've got an uncle serving in Iraq right now. And now Mommy is getting ready to join in Air Force in the next few months, hopefully as an officer. Keep your paws crossed that Mommy gets selected to begin officer training!

Elisabeth- Ann

Doodle Noodle

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 9:14pm PST 
Mom was born in Ft. Bragg, NC during the Gulf War. Although her mother is seperated from her biological father & Mom does not really care for him much, I'm proud to say that he did a heck of a job defending America! But errrmmm... That still does not get get him off the hook! confused

Btw -- There are no records of our ancestors fighting in the Civil or Revolutionary War. Our whole family jokes around that they were all hiding behind bushes laugh out loud or spying for the British! We do have a famous Nazi spy cousin shh but we dont like to mention him much.

Edited by author Wed May 9, '07 9:18pm PST

Tabitha

I'm the smart- twin!!!!!!

Purred: Thu May 10, '07 7:03am PST 
Ohh! Speaking of that war between the states! We forgot something... Mom has ancestors who served. Some for the Union, some for the Confederacy!!

Sabrina- (1989-2003)

I want gold- wings in Heaven!

Purred: Thu May 10, '07 7:04am PST 
Congrats, Portia for your Mom's impending service!!! applause

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2