Weekly Olde Furts Column

(Page 281 of 289: Viewing entries 2801 to 2810)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  [Last 10 entry]  
Xena- Princess- Warrior - DG#23

Xena the Warrior- Princess

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 3:40pm PST 
Thank you my friends for keeping me in your prayers. I had my yearly check up, I am doing well as far as my kidneys go, but I have lost almost 2lbs, vet took blood to see what is going on, well I now have hyperthyroid as well...Mom got my medication today, will start later, I have to go back in on the 31st to see how I am doing, may have to adjust my medication...

we are purring for those in need and send our love to you allwave

Sissy (love- you angel- girl)

Adorably cute &- spoiled!

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '14 9:06pm PST 
Olde Furts - Edition #367 - March 8-14

Meow furts, we have no mew members this week, but we do have many who may not always be around, and I think we should reach out to a furt we haven't meowed to in a while.

Cat quote: "The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life. - Carl Van Vechten"

One furt was in the spotlight this week: Hooch was a Daily Diary Picks. Catgrats!

In health mews this week, continued purrs fur: Joey, Polka-dot Sally, Sam, Tomcat and Xena Princess Warrior as they each deal with furty ups & downs.
Phantom could use purrs, he's feeling furty and it may the beginning signs of kidney disease.
Chadwick needs extra purrs, he is feeling tired and may be ready fur a journey...
In sad mews we lost a member this week, Mindy gained her wins, sending many purrs to her furmily.

We had 4 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Sophie, Legolas, Rascal and Flinders, and also one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Baby.

We have 8 Birthday this week fur: Pansy, Patches, Hemingway, Squirrel, Rajah, Cassidy, Princess Lilly-Rose and Boo. We also have 7 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Taillee, Dotman, Nora, Lucky, Princess Penny, Maxie and Bonnie Banks as well as one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Smokey.

This week's fun cat fact:
The ancient Egyptians were the first civilisation to realise the cat's potential as a vermin hunter and tamed cats to protect the corn supplies on which their lives depended.

Take care everyfur!
from your devoted angel furnalist, Sissy

Edited by author Sat Mar 15, '14 3:10pm PST

Rascal- our OCP- Angel- '94-'11

The Moose

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '14 6:39am PST 
Rascal gives his angel pal a hug .... thank mew so much for keeping us informed. We love your bits of information and of course all the updates on fellow purrs.

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '14 7:11am PST 
flowers

Misha Angel

Misha Mouse- snuggle muffin

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 4:33pm PST 
Thanks for the great report,Sissy and for all of the beautiful shamrocks on the furts home page big grin
I hope all you furts had a happy Paddys day party

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '14 8:06pm PST 
Olde Furts - Edition #368 - March 15-21

Meow furts, we have one mew member this week, please meow hello and welcome:
Spicey

Cat quote: "It depends on what is in my house. If there was a cat, and my works, I would save the cat. A cat's life is more important than art. --Alberto Giacometti [when asked which of his sculptures he would rescue from a fire]"

In health mews this week, continued purrs fur: Chadwick, Joey, Phantom, Polka-dot Sally, Sam, Tomcat and Xena Princess Warrior as they each deal with furty ups & downs.

We had 8 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Patches & Cassidy are now 15, Hemingway is a dozen years, Squirrel turned double 1's, Rajah turned a meowvelous 20, Princess Lilly-Rose & Pansy turned sweet 16 and Boo is 17. We also had 7 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Taillee, Dotman, Nora, Lucky, Princess Penny, Maxie and Bonnie Banks as well as one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Smokey.

We have 5 Birthday this week fur: Mr.Smokey Bowers, Simba, Missy, Bella and Jake. We also have 5 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Cindy, Athena, Apollo, Simon and Wyatt James, as well as one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Daemon.

A large majority of white cats with blue eyes are deaf. White cats with only one blue eye are deaf only in the ear closest to the blue eye. White cats with orange eyes do not have this disability.

Take care everyfur!

Rascal- our OCP- Angel- '94-'11

The Moose

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 7:28am PST 
Ras hugs Sissy, you are pawsome how you keep effurryone up to date. Even if the twofer doesn't have time to help me type she reads your column to keep up on all things old furt way to go

I wonder if deafness is keyed to blue eyes in other color purrs? Meezers have blue eyes but not all are deaf (though we did have one that was), or is it the combo of the white fur gene and the blue eye gene thinking I love your tidbits, always somethiing to ponder smile

Phantom -- Dreamboat #- 113

King of my- domain

Purred: Wed Mar 26, '14 7:17am PST 
I agree....we love to read up on what is going on, in case we missed anything. Lots of good information too.way to gohug

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 9:03pm PST 
Olde Furts - Edition #369 - March 22-28

Meow furts, please meow hello to two mew member, welcome:
Beepers
and El dorado

Cat quote: "Unlike us, cats never outgrow their delight in cat capacities, nor do they settle finally for limitations. Cats, I think, live out their lives fulfilling their expectations. --Irving Townsend"

A few furts were in the spotlight this week: Mojo, Hooch, Ka-zar and Beepers were each Daily Diary Picks. Catgrats!

In health mews this week, continued purrs fur: Chadwick, Joey, Phantom, Polka-dot Sally, Sam, Tomcat and Xena Princess Warrior as they each deal with furty ups & downs.
In sad mews we lost two lovely furts this week, Jezebel and Chelsea Louise both gained their wings. Many purrs to their furmilies.

We had 5 Birthdays this week fur: Mr.Smokey Bowers turned a dozen years, Simba & Missy turned sweet 16, Bella celebrated her 11th and Jake is now 18. We also had 5 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Cindy, Athena, Apollo, Simon and Wyatt James, as well as one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Daemon.

We have 4 Birthdays this week fur: Kittanna, Princess, Cookie and Charlie. We also have 9 Birthday Remembrances at the Bridge fur: Myriah, Arnold P., Furr, Edie, Maggie Moo, Cookie, Molly, Macyand Moozer, as well as one Bridge Anniversary Remembrance fur: Chrissy Whitesocks.

Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.

Take care everyfur!

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Sat Mar 29, '14 6:30pm PST 
Thanks Sissy! flowers

(Page 281 of 289: Viewing entries 2801 to 2810)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  [Last 10 entry]