GO!

Lucking into a mau

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Trout

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 5:02pm PST 
I was always against breed specific cats. I couldn't imagine paying for a kitten when so many are being put down.

But then I found Trout at the SPCA. He was an adopted DSH, but between his spots, the gooseberry green eyes, the M and the belly flap I figured he must be pretty pure bred. It distressed me to see all the things I thought were unique about my cat listed as breed characteristics (the fetching, the dog-like personality, the dedication to one person, the giant kitten personality).

We went through a rough last month as a bump turned into mast-cell cancer. I thought we were going to lose him, but he sailed through the operation and the ear-amputation. He even put up with the dreaded cone of doom.

I love Trout more than anyone except my partner, and as much as I was against it, we will only get egyptian maus from now on. I can't believe he's already 15 years old.
[notify]