GO!

Best litter for odor control? +

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Purred: Thu Jun 19, '14 4:41pm PST 
The Breeze System is great ... until you have a kitty with diarrhea, which is what I'm dealing with right now. His poops are sooooo stinky, too! Looking for the best odor control, preferably with minimal tracking. (Also, do I need a covered litter box?)
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 11:52pm PST 
Is a vet treating the kitten for the diarrhea? If not, that's the first thing you should do way to go The vet can rule out worms or medical issues that may be causing the diarrhea.

If the vet finds nothing wrong and has dewormed the kitten, take a look at the diet. Sometimes food doesn't agree with the tummy and that results in diarrhea. Poor quality food, especially dry food, can result in really horribly stinky poop shock What are you currently feeding the kitten? Try grain-free food. Grains can sometimes cause diarrhea because cats can't digest it very well. Some cats are sensitive to fish/seafood. I think there's a cat here on Catster who is super sensitive to gums/thickeners.

Check out Catinfo.org for everything on proper diet and litter boxes, among other things smile Catinfo.org discourages covered litter boxes because it traps in odors and cats don't like to potty in enclosed spaces shrug We use a covered litter box and have had no problem with it.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '14 11:55pm PST 
Oh, Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat litter is a good one to try way to go I know Petsmart sells it.
[notify]