GO!

Litter Genie Refill options

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Purred: Fri Apr 4, '14 5:46pm PST 
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting a Litter Genie and was wondering if Diaper Genie refills would fit into it. I tried looking on google but got frustrated having to weed through all the topics and the amazon reviews. Thank you all for your time smile
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '14 11:20pm PST 
I received a Litter Genie to test. I liked it a lot. On average, I got 9 bags out of the bag cartridge. Unwilling to pay the cost of the refills, I found that a 8 gallon trash bags that I purchased at Kmart would work. Yes, it takes a lot more time to use the spent bag cartridge with the 8 gallon bags. It can be done cheap enought. But I gave up because the heights of the Litter Genie. It was too tall next to my only space next to the toliet and the bathtub. I ended up with a small rectangle trash can that has a petal to open the plastic lid. The trash can from Target was stainless steel on the outside with a plastic inner liner. It was just under $35.00 for the SimpleHuman 11" H x 13.5" W x 6.25" D can. Those same 8 gallon Ironclad bags work in the trash can I bought at Target.

Ironclad vanilla scented 65 count (8 gallon) bags are $4.99.
[notify]